What's your scariest movie?

Options

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Poltergeist and the first nightmare when I was little. I do not get scared at all now, but I do cringe ar really gross torture scenes.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    "The Ring". Scares the *kitten* out of me. Even now as a grownup, I still get really freaked out if I think about it too long if I'm at home alone, or sleeping in a room with a TV... *shudder*
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a movie that scares me - I keep trying and am always disappointed, I have been trying to find a scary movie since I was about 10.

THIS
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Halloween.......Michael Myers scares the *kitten* out of me

(the original from 1972-ish, not this new "reimagined" Rob Zombie bullsh*t)
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I watched paranormal activity and the ring because I was told it was scary, I did not find it so. I will never see the human centipede, that would give me nightmares. I guess the improbable horror movies do not affect me, but the ones that could happen do.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Anything with the creepy kids...hair in their eyes, all shifty and icky... children scare me in horror movies...
  • annielaurie88
    annielaurie88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    THE RING!!!

I literally thought i had 7 days left..... EEK!

I watched it again a month ago for the first time since my first time and it was actually not scary at all :P
    i cant seem to find any good scary movies these days! they are all dumb and gay!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I know it's dumb but the Blair Witch Project. I was 16 or 17 when it came out and I remember believing it was real and saw with with my little brother (I know smart on my part) when it opened. My parents were out of town and we went to a late showing... Let's just say we slept with the lights on for 3 nights straight... then he started messing with me by standing in a corner in the basement so that when I came down it was that final scene all over again... JERK!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My first boogie man was Freddy; his movies don't scare me anymore though. Movies that normally scare me are ones w/ ghosts or possessions; they just seem more believable than Jason, Freddy or Pinhead (and I love them all).
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I watched "The town that dreaded sundown" and that was terrifying.

As an adult, I watched "The Shining (the origonal one) and, as an adult and able to process stuff, it was really scary.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    The Ring was awesome.
    Darkness Falls get to me for some reason.
  • funmagick2000
    Options
    All the Paranormal Activity movies, can't wait for #4
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I haven't found any movie to be scary since I was a little kid. At that time, Halloween 2 and Salem's Lot scared me. I have loved horror movies since I a slightly bigger kid, around 10ish.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Teeth
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I tend to be more scared by psychological thrillers than horror movies, so Silence of the Lambs for me.

I just watched this again because my daughter wanted to see it. She goes "This is supposed to be scary??" It creeped me out so bad I didn't want to watch it by myself the 2nd time!

The Ring scared the crap outta me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Teeth

I LOVED that movie! My 14 yr old actually made me watch it. She watched it at a sleepover. Not the kind of movie I would've let her watch at home!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The Ring freaked me out the first time I watched it. It didn't help, that as soon as the movie was done my phone started to ring. I refused to answer it and my friends made fun of me for days. :noway:

Texas Chainsaw massacre - that one freaks me out everytime I watch it.

The hills have eyes - My daughter and I watched that the night before a road trip. She now says that I am not allowed to pick out movies before a road trip.
    I also always put in the Blair witch project the night before camping trips. I love freaking out my daughter.
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love scary movies, psychological and supernatural, not slasher movies

Halloween - The original
    Exorcist - still can't look at that face
    The Ring - I agree! Scared and freaked me out.
    Paranormal Activiy 1
    The Crazies - kinda gory, but not bad. Great flick
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite memories was going to see what I thought was a sci-fi flick and suddenly being immersed into one of my favorite horror flicks of all time.

Event Horizon, baby!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Okay, not a really scary movie in the sense of some of these are... BUT I was like 7 and my parents were out and left me with a sitter. Cat people was on and I sneaked out to watch it. Saw a part where a cat bit off someone's arm and from that moment on I have never been able to sleep with any body part hanging over the side of the bed.

I still to this day don't like scary movies :( Especially the psych ones.