Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I Am Legend FREAKS ME OUT
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

The original version of The Haunting of Hill House. Not the new crap. The black and white version.
    This. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, also one of my favorite books (Shirley Jackson is the author). It seems a little cliche now, but all ghost movies are based on this movie.

I adore horror movies. I have as long as I can remember. I can't recall a single one that actually scared me as an adult. The original Poltergeist scared the hell out of me when I was 10, if that counts.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite memories was going to see what I thought was a sci-fi flick and suddenly being immersed into one of my favorite horror flicks of all time.

Event Horizon, baby!
    I forgot about this one! I stand corrected, this one actually did scare the hell out of me when I saw it in the theater. It's one of those rare ones that actually affected me.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Childs Play. I think it was because I watched it as a child and my sisters had tons and tons of dolls and stuff animals. Always thought they were going to come to life and get me.

ChuckyThreeALL_468x332.jpg
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    IT....I shudder just thinking about that film :(
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The only horror movie that ever made me jump and shriek was Carrie. Also love Salem's Lot.

BTW: if you haven't seen it, check out Cabin in the Woods. I wouldn't say it's scary, but boy is it clever and good.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking in Texas Chainsaw that if she didn't stop screaming, I'd have killed her myself!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

The original version of The Haunting of Hill House. Not the new crap. The black and white version.
    This. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, also one of my favorite books (Shirley Jackson is the author). It seems a little cliche now, but all ghost movies are based on this movie.

Shirley Jackson, while an excellent writer, was out of her dang mind I think :laugh: The Lottery? Scary stuff
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge vadge, so my scariest movie seen was Jeepers creepers 2. Couldn't even make it halfway at the halloween party, I bolted out the door. That was years ago, and I STILL cant stand seeing tree branch shadows under street lamps. /chills

Funny enough, I've seen the Ring 1 and 2, bless the child, the exorcist and missed call, & parts of Carrie and they barely phased me. /shrug

I just bought Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2! I liked the first one better, though. Another good one is Joy Ride (also liked the first one better).

Joy Ride, is that the one where these two guys were messing with this trucker?
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street. Still can't even watch a minute of it. Had horrible cousins who would frighten me with the "song" from it.

I normally love scary movies, but this one I can not stand, maybe because it follows no rules, dunno, but I still can't watch more than half an hour of it.
  • sfarrell1359
    sfarrell1359 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There are 2.."last house on the left," and "Arlington Place."
    LHOTL, because it could happen.

Arlington Place, because IT IS HAPPENING..CELLS of TERRORIST's in the USA.

I took a horror film class in college and couldn't believe we were shown Last House on the Left. I felt it was so disturbing and disgusting. Can't believe they actually remade it (haven't seen it). They also showed a movie called Cannibal Holocaust which featured the actors really killing animals. I skipped class that week.
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    For me, Jaws. My dad let me watch it when I was very young, 5 I think? This movie still scares me and made me terrified of the ocean, even lakes. Jaws was recently released on bluray and it is beautifully remastered. The opening sequence is even more scary.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    It... that d a m n effing clown...ugh!
  • laurin2010
    Options
    ugh vampires give me the creeps!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge vadge, so my scariest movie seen was Jeepers creepers 2. Couldn't even make it halfway at the halloween party, I bolted out the door. That was years ago, and I STILL cant stand seeing tree branch shadows under street lamps. /chills

Funny enough, I've seen the Ring 1 and 2, bless the child, the exorcist and missed call, & parts of Carrie and they barely phased me. /shrug

I just bought Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2! I liked the first one better, though. Another good one is Joy Ride (also liked the first one better).

Joy Ride, is that the one where these two guys were messing with this trucker?

YES! I can't even hear the words "candy cane" without thinking of that movie.