What do you do for a living? Do you like it?

Options

Replies

• davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher. I get to burn plenty of calories running around like a chicken with its head cut of every day!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Full-time - Juvenile Probation Officer = Like

Part-time - Assistant Manager in local gym = LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I mean seriously you are going to pay me to help people and workout when I'm not....#winning (Not to mention a free membership because I am an employee #winningevenmore :)
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Soldier --- DO NOT like it anymore... working on being a school teacher and or social worker... from what i can see, those things i will LOVE =) that's where my heart is.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Accountant ..... then Analyst/Programmer .... then SME owner ..... now sort of retired but in fact running two holiday rental villas.
    Loved all of them ......
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,104 Member
    Options
    Im retired after 45 years of working! I love it! I have to really watch my money now and maybe not buy things that I would if I were working but I make it work for me because its worth it! I did work customer service for 45 years and mostly in Hospital Supplies like Abbott Labs, Cardinal Health, Medline and Consolidated Medical ....
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Bookkeeper for a County Tax Office... Love it some days, hate it others. But it pays the bills for what I REALLY want to do...

Student of Education, soon to be high school teacher. Can't wait to have that job.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and a college student but I'm looking for work, because I'm taking the fall semester off.
  • melb2003
    Options
    I am a customer service/shipping representative for a factory. I'm one of two people in the position, I LOVE MY JOB!!!
  • madfatcat
    madfatcat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a systems accountant for an intergovernmental organisation. Like the job, but not the politics. Want to change the place perhaps...
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am a pharmacy technician and a patient care coordinator. I work for the #1 leading Fertility pharmacy in the country. I speak to 50+ women a day and help to set them up with their fertility medications and ship them for very next day delivery. It comes with its perks - I am in the baby making industry (and havent been able to make my own baby but have inspiration from these women that some day it will happen even if I need to get help doing so) but there's sad moments too; when a woman tells you she has miscarried or has been spending tens of thousands of dollars on the medication and still has been unable to have a child.

I also am a crafty DIY'er on the side that makes homemade gifts and I have a history of freelance web & graphic design which I love.
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This would have really been a sore spot- even a few months ago.. I was a firefighter and EMR. Was being key word. Love, love, loved it. Big time. Then, I had a brain biopsy-LOL . And now have been diagnosed with MS. So for the last 3 years, I've recovered from a medically induced massive stroke caused by the right side biopsy and have been more or less doing nothing. Hated it. Hated the world. Now, I'm still not doing much, but I'm at home, getting up at 5 to make honey's lunch (found him a year ago- so blessed), gardening, lawn an yard caretaking around the acreage..an jus being a homemaker. It's so strange after being a single mom for 15years..now the kids are grown an gone, an here I am- doin nothin..lol I'm very grateful I don't have to work- but miss it incredibly. Hoping to teach 1st aid and H2S in the near future, thus getting back in the helping field.
    ..thx for letting me get that out.. I feel useless still once in while- guess that's probly normal after what I used to do and did well.. but I am generally happy..slowly more an more as I get used to it.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Store manager at the mall, girls accessory shop (think tween) but it's not a chain, it's a mom and pop business. Not only is the family that owns it wonderful, I absolutely adore all of the people that work there. So yes, I LOVE MY JOB :):):)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm an English teacher. I love it... almost all of the time. :)
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I am a Credit Analyst for a company that is no longer known for ONLY selling undergarments. This is my first job in a corporate position and I LOVE it. I deal mainly with carriers, and the distribution centers, not so much with the customers.

I am also a single mom to two wonderful boys. 14 and 7. This job does not pay (money), but the rewards are endless :smile:
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a consultant highly specialized in Data Quality for Master Data Management applications. Basically that means I help clients develop business practices and rules to define enterprise wide data governance within their organization.

It is mentally challenging and without that I would be bored!!! Plus it usually involves a lot of travel, but my current client is saving costs and I have been working from home.
  • DaddyM1
    DaddyM1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Software engineer working in healthcare. Programming is great. Healthcare, not so much.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I just left a job that I loved and made a lot of money to help my family.. so now I'm serving tables. I like it but its an 80% pay decrease... I don't like that. I graduate in December so hopefully... life will bring me something completely different. Also, getting my PT certification and going to grad school. :)
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Misdemeanor Probation Officer and mother of 4! YES!! I love it!!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Video games producer. It's not nearly as fun as it sounds, but I do like it.
    In the feature, I'd love to do something to help people, so I am contemplating studying anthropology and move to the social field.
  • emilyds
    Options
    I am an Academic Advisor at a University. It's pretty good.
    I used to teach high school, so this is a step up for sure. The hours and students are WAY better, but the job is not quite as rewarding and I get tired of sitting at my desk all day.