Should men be stronger then their female companions?

Options

Replies

• ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you put me down for a second, I'll tell ya. Geez.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Only when she is birthing my children!! LOL

rimshot.jpg
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OMG you should have let him win! lol He need to hit the gym asap!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I would love for a woman to pin me. We both win. Think about it.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You've listed a lot of reasons strength shouldn't be a component of masculinity. Why then is it ok to be a 'strong, independent, woman'?

When I hear "strong, independent, woman" I never think of physical strength, I think of mental and emotional strength...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant, I could easily out-squat and out-deadlift my husband by 50+ lbs, but he is much stronger in the upper body than me. He didn't like that I could out-squat him, but he gets his revenge since I can't even touch my toes now.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops

Awww, that's so sweet.

Your man let you win so you could feel all better about your lifting. Sounds like a good guy.

Anyway, arm wrestling is just as much about technique and speed than absolute strength levels. So there.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Cos I just beat mine at an arm wrestle, as Ive been lifting heavy and he is devastated . . . . . . . . . . oops

This country has got to the point were men have become way to womanly. Men should be men. This metrosexual, weak girly man crap wouldnt play anywhere near me.

This is bull****. Men should be who they want to be. My husband is kind of metrosexual. He spends more time in the bathroom than me (and it is not self-fun time) and he likes to decorate and rearrange our furniture constantly. He is the better cook as well. HOWEVER, he is in the Air Force Security Forces so he has to be able to take down guys 2-3 times his size so right now he is out in the desert wearing full fatigues with 80 pounds a gear, a 20 pound gun and a 200 pound pack. Oh yeah, and he's only 170ish pounds.

Men, like woman can be "girly" (I hate that word but we'll use it for the sake of argument) and strong just like a woman can be! Besides, who gives a crap? If her man has a problem with it, he can work out and if he doesn't then that doesn't make him weak.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    At a 100 pounds I don't see how you could possibly beat a man, lol no offense but it's not like you're a body builder, you do look great but just not like you'd be able to beat a man. Especially if he's a manly as you say he is. Men are naturally stronger, especially in their upper body strength. Are you sure he didn't just let you win or there wasn't some sort of fluke? I feel like if he was actually giving it 100 percent or not afraid of hurting you then you wouldn't have won. IDK it just seems crazy to me...I know I'd want any man of mine to be a hell of a lot stronger than me but it's just a personal preference. Obviously there are far more important things especially once you're already in a relationship. But as far as initial attraction I like guys that I feel can protect me or overpower me.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Men and Women have different strengths.
    Since you are talking 'physical' strength (especially upper body) then I would agree that most men are a bit stronger (but of course, not all). Women are capable of lots of physical strength...like on average we can typically tolerate pain for longer periods of time....and we can still be physically stronger than a man, we may have to work at it a little longer but we can get there......

However, if a man is comfortable with his S.O. being stronger than him then there is nothing wrong with it.... It depends on the man and how comfortable he is with himself.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Personally... i like a strong man! Not only does it make them feel like a man, but it makes me feel just that little bit more feminine when I need their help! :) Men dont like being beaten by anyone especially a girl... total ego buster!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    As a man, I feel I should be physically stronger than my wife. Also, I feel that my boobs should be smaller than hers. Thankfully, I've been working on that, and mine are smaller for the first time in years!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Wow back to the dark ages. Men should be stronger, men must be stronger. Ouch. YES, physiologically speaking, men tend to come with more upper body strength than women, but should be, must be stronger. Those statements had a definite social twist, not one born of natural physiology.

As a side note, I have a stronger lower body, he has a stronger upper body. I also have much longer legs, so when we roughhouse, his only hope is me not getting my legs involved.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I love my man to be stronger than me-to protect me, its his animal instict to protect and the genetic make up blessed by God to be stronger than a female.....its what makes him beautiful, sexy, irresistable:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Why in the world would I want to compete with my man.....I am a woman! I dont want a sissy of a poor excuse for a man. if you feel the need to compete with your man...you got problems.....deep down inside:huh:

:smokin: Yeah I said it! I went there!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter, although physiologically speaking, with a little work he should be able to out-do you easily.

And all of this "men should be manly" junk is a bunch of sexist crap. If a man is naturally effeminate, there's nothing wrong with that. People should be whatever the *kitten* they want to be, regardless of gender stereotypes.

Edited for typos.

Yassum!!
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OH....yeah I see a couple of people made a good point...he 'bout let you win. If he did that is very sweet....do something special for him today...show him how manly you know he is!
  • rininger85
    Options
    depends on how they want to be treated!!!:devil:

daaaaaaaaaaaamn crazy4lulu showin the guns! Get scared!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Lol, in my case, its kind of a given...
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use that as incentive to get my man to start working out!
    Every time I see a little more definition in my arms I make sure to let him know that he better start working out soon before my arms get bigger than his!...

Now he's thinking of getting a gym membership. He doesn't want me to be stronger than me and I don't want to be stronger than him... I can be bossy so in order to keep balance he needs to be stronger haha
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't care, rather deal with someone stronger then me then someone that does nothing but complain all day.