What do you do for a living? Do you like it?

Options

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was in Staffing for twenty years. Worked my way up from Receptionist to Sales to Regional Manager, but I was tired of the travel so I went into consulting for awhile, then I decided to go and work for corporate America... so I talked myself into an IT position at a large manufacturer, and now I am an IT Administrator who overseas all of the purchasing of hardware, software and I manage all the the wireless devices for our division. I also do Global Training and get to travel to some of our locations all over the world.

It sounds like fun, right??? NOT SO MUCH but it pays ok and the benefits are ok.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Retired early and hanging out with my best frnd, hubby all day! Love it :)
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Clerk in a library and yes I do like it!
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, know that he has had the best training and probably some of the best friends he will ever have by his side right now to take care of him. It is a dangerous job, but one I wouldn't trade.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm an Senior Account Manager at a very large insurance brokerage, I handle hotel accounts.. pretty interesting. I love what I do and yes there are days when I hate it.. but that's the way the cookie crumbles!
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    IT guy, and i do like my job, get to do something new almost everyday, and the people are great.
  • dzeff911
    dzeff911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I sell real estate. It is amazing. The opportunity to help people with what is probably the largest purchase they will ever make is very rewarding.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I am an administrative coordinator for a secondary institution that focuses on educating a niche market that is demographically low income/troubled and addicted.

It can be really tough seeing some of the kids walking through my door on any given day but the rewards of getting them into a program and watching them work towards bettering themselves and their situation is totally worth it.
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I design all of the plastic packaging that everyone loves to hate...you know, the stuff you have no idea how to open without completely destroying the plastic, thereby removing just about any hope of ever returning it.

That's me. ;)
  • garcia1774
    garcia1774 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Family Law Paralegal-- Love what I do...hate who I work for.. Been in the family law legal field for now about 12 years. Ekkkkkkkk. :noway:
  • sirthickness
    Options
    I am a Sheriff's Deputy in the Seattle area. I am still working the street (13 years) and have no plans to change that right now. Maybe move to detective or test for Sgt some day, but right now, I'm having way too much fun. Great boss, great partners and great patrol beat. My only regret is I wish I had started a little earlier in life.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I design all of the plastic packaging that everyone loves to hate...you know, the stuff you have no idea how to open without completely destroying the plastic, thereby removing just about any hope of ever returning it.

That's me. ;)

So YOU'RE the reason my My Little Ponies end up with frizzy hair! Stupid packaging and its artifical hair frizzing abilities. :-p
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I used to work on movie sets doing set decoration but for a year now I've worked for a high-end athletic clothing company. I love my job because the people are amazing and I get to work out for work! :love:
  • markdlennon
    markdlennon Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So YOU'RE the reason my My Little Ponies end up with frizzy hair! Stupid packaging and its artifical hair frizzing abilities. :-p

that MAY be me.

I don't get to work on toy packaging too much (that gets done more often for very cheap in the far east).

The last few years I've been working mostly with a beauty/healthcare customer, and it's going great. :)
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Front desk clerk at Howard Johnson....HATE IT!!
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    I'm an editorial assistant for a major textbook publisher. I am in the math department and we do books for grades 6, 7, and 8 and Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2. I absolutely love my job. I've been here 8 years now and it was only supposed to be for 3 weeks while I waited for my job at the IRS to start. I am so glad I never went there. Up until this job I had never had one for more than 2 years.

I don't have bosses breathing down my neck. I'm given my tasks and as long as I get them in by the deadline, I'm good. My hours are somewhat flexible, as in I have to track my time but I don't have to actually punch a clock and get docked for clocking in 1 click past and I can occasionally work from home. I wish I could do that all the time but I do enjoy coming into work, just not the drive. It's over 30 miles one way.

The only thing I'd rather do is NOT work.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am IT Manager for a large transportation company. I love it most days.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Self employed photographer and web developer. Love both.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a dietitian, but am cuurently looking into school for something else
  • RoxRae
    Options
    I am the admin assistant to the Director of Transportation & Career & Technical Education for the county school system. Some days I like it, some days NOT. I get overwhelmed with work sometimes and don't know where to start.