Goal Reward?

Options

Replies

• iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options

Holy Cow! $2500 for boots! Good for you!

i figure it has to be something i would never do without the goal. i would never buy those boots otherwise. :-)
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i agree that you shouldnt reward yourself with food, for me i think it is a set back. i reward my self with trying a new thing such as hiking or like in Nov i will do my first 5K Mud run for hitting my first goal... things like that..... but thats just me food is my weakness (which is why i needed to lose weight)
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well my birthday is coming up in November and I would really love a new pair of boots for fall so I think I will do a birthday/1st goal present to myself and get some new boots and maybe a cute outfit to go with! Once I hit my final goal of 165-175 lbs it will be a new wardrobe since I will have nothing that fits me! :)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Shopping spree! I still have a ways to go but I'm already saving up. I have hated going to malls since I gained the weight but once I burn it off, watch out Mastercard.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the shopping sprees! But for now, my goals/rewards are as follows:

170 (again) french pedicure
    166 (again) new underwear
    162 new pants
    158 haircut
    155 go thru closet and get rid of ANYTHING that doesn't fit right or is old
    150 shopping spree!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You are not a dog! Do not reward yourself with food!

Clothes, tattoos, massages, and vacations for me!
  • AnnaLeigh35
    AnnaLeigh35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really want a pair of Miss me jeans, I'm so not the type to buy expensive clothes for myself, usually always goes to my kidd's, and even then I don't really don't care what brand they are as long as they look nice and last!! So I'm hoping to get to my goal and when I do I will go out and get me a pair!!

Miss Me jeans are my goal too! I said I was going to buy them when I lost 50lbs (6 lbs to go), but now I've decided to wait until I can buy them in an 8.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Never reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!

^^^ THIS!

OK.. LOL.. let me explain.. I cut out all carbs completely and been hitting the gym daily for intensive work outs.. some.. no most people will have a piece of cake here or there.. I've had none.. like no grease or fatty foods at all.. while I don't miss fried chicken or pizza or chinese food.. I certainly miss cookies.. so I think I would deserve 5 after losing almost 30 pounds.. I'm not giving myself a "cheat day" like most people do.. just a 5 cookies.. GEEZ! LOL!!!
  • adomenichini
    Options
    I am going to skydive when I reach my goal weight!
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anything but FOOD. LOL

Never reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!

I heard this quote yesterday and it's rocked my world. How true is it that we do this to ourselves! Now anytime I have that "man I had a good day i'm going to have X for dinner" I have to check myself and say you are not a dog Marla! Quit it!

In terms of rewards, I am not sure I have one for my final goal weight. I'm 19 lbs away from it now and really I just want to see the goal weight happen! I've been buying clothes non stop with the weight loss as none of my clothes fit anymore. I'm getting a tat in a month but it's been in the planning stages forever. I'm going to China in a little over a month.. I think I'm just rewarding myself with a great (healthy) life!

9805421.png
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I just hit a 35lb loss and the hubby and I are spending the night at the beach :) Hadn't really planned on that counting as a 'reward' but I guess it qualifies.
  • theraevyn
    theraevyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Before I saw this question, I hadn't ever really thought about "rewarding" myself for weight loss. I look in my closet at the couple of pairs of pants that have dust across the bar, that I haven't been able to wiggle into in about a decade and tell myself THAT is my reward. Those pants.They aren't new pants. They are simply pants that I've hung onto because I loved them and stopped being able to fit into them. I can't really afford to Buy Things or Go Places and had never really thought of those things as weight loss rewards. Though I can see how that would be appealing to a lot of people.

I was thinking about rewarding myself with a 5k. I'd love to be able to do Run For Your Lives. Maybe when it comes around next year.

My greatest reward right now is feeling better about myself. Knowing that one day I WILL slide (not wiggle) into those pants and feel good about myself.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am going to skydive when I reach my goal weight!

^^^^^^ love this one!!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I just reward myself all the time! :happy:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I suggest you NOT reward yourself with food - that's what got you here in the first place. Treat yourself to a new outfit, a massage, a mani/pedi - something you don't allow yourself to have very often. You get to pamper yourself without falling back into old habits.
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    Get my stomach tattoo redone/fixed.
  • katejkelley
    Options
    I've been putting money aside since November for my goal weight clothes. When I get to 130 I'll buy the basics a couple pairs of jeans and pants, and a few shirts so I have clothes that fit, and then when I can maintain that size for 6 months then MAJOR shopping spree :) I've already got about $600 set aside for the new wardrobe.

You are very smart!!!:drinker:
  • katejkelley
    Options
    You're already so pretty - why do you need a new chin and nose?
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Get my stomach tattoo redone/fixed.

I'm just hoping like hell mine still looks good!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can't reward myself with food, part of this learning curve for me is not seeing food as a reward or something to make me feel better.

Ditto this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!