Losing On 1200 Calories Does NOT Mean Regaining

Options
I am horrible at posting pictures and I don't know if these will work or not. I am "technically" challenged because I am a senior citizen. My heaviest picture is me at 210 pounds. I am barely 5'1" tall. My heaviest weight was 233 but I would not allow anyone to take my picture. The second picture is my 61st birthday. The last picture is my 62nd birthday.

I have maintained my 117-pound weight loss for 2 years 6 months and 3 days (but who is counting?). I lost all of my weight eating 1200 calories daily. I have NOT regained my weight. I believe people that regain the weight they lose do so for one reason only ... they eat more calories than the burn.

Eating 1200 calories is NOT right for every person depending on your height, age, frame, medical history, etc. Find what works for your body and go with it.

No, I do not have a perfect body (far from it). Give me a break, I am 62-years-old. I work out 6 days a week and I work out hard. I do a lot of heavy lifting. I have thunder thighs and always will even if I weighed 90 pounds. I will never be a tall, thin-looking, willowy person. I do not have tons of sagging skin because I lost my weight in 7 months nor have I regained a pound. I am the best I can be for my senior citizen status. I no longer cry when I look in the mirror. Do NOT give up!

a9a60df5.jpg
a3cbbc5b.jpg
9112af7d.jpg

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    wow!!! Awesome!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations on your hard work!
  • Here is the link to my photobucket. I don't have a clue how to resize or change my pictures. You can see my current photo here. I am proud of my 117 pound weight loss. I worked hard for it and it gets old listening to how wrong I was for eating 1200 calories and working my buns off.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/grannygethealthy1111/
  • mommacxjx
    mommacxjx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • sargent1976
    sargent1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look briliant. Thanks for sharing.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting.117 pounds in 7 months is fantastic!! I am gonna try lose the same way.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! You are SUCH an inspiration!!! And you look AWESOME!!

Congrats on your loss and for feeling better about yourself!!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    you look incredible!!! so inspiring :)
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job!

You look awesome.

Thanks for posting this. I lost 80 pounds about ten years ago on a 1200 calorie a day diet. I gained it all back and then some over time. The 1200 calorie diet wasn't the reason for gaining the weight back. It is like you said--I gained the weight back because I stopped exercising and eating properly. Eating more calories than you burn will get you every time. I'm a believer.
  • ginbookus
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous, I hope I look that good when I'm 62!!
  • Alone_Janny
    Alone_Janny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow I was always asking myself if 24 was too late to loose weight, find a boyfriend and having a better life... I'm listening to your story and that is truely inspirational !
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fantastic :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I am horrible at posting pictures and I don't know if these will work or not. I am "technically" challenged because I am a senior citizen.
    I have maintained my 117-pound weight loss for 2 years 6 months and 3 days (but who is counting?). I lost all of my weight eating 1200 calories daily. I have NOT regained my weight. I believe people that regain the weight they lose do so for one reason only ... they eat more calories than the burn.

Eating 1200 calories is NOT right for every person depending on your height, age, frame, medical history, etc. Find what works for your body and go with it.

Congratulations. As a short woman, I well know that 1200 (or even less) is what some people need to lose weight.

Please don't put yourself down because of your age. I have a relative who is a bit older than I am. She asked me to accompany her to a store to look at computers and she said to the salesperson: "I'm a senior."

I wanted to smack her. That's an invitation to some people to treat you as if you're dumb. It's a form of learned helplessness.
  • elesiac
    elesiac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love you spunkiness, you are truly motivating!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for making sure to include the disclaimer that this wont work for everyone. :) I wish you continued success.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you are my friend! You are such an inspiration! You should never have to defend how you lost the weight. You are healthy and fit. The haters are just jealous that you've taken it off and kept it off. Love ya!:flowerforyou: Hope your birthday was wonderful.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I too loved reading your spunkiness. I too have thunder thighs and I love that you said you always will have them no matter how little you are, makes me feel less ashamed too have them. Thank you for posting! You are an incredible, strong woman for your amazing weight loss and dedication.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!