Would You be Willing to Wake Up This Early?

Options

Replies

• jessjpjb
    Options
    I get up everyday M thr F at 3am to work out for an hour before having to do a few things around the house, get around for the day and get myself and daughter out the door at 6am, we get home at 6pm...weekends i get up at 4am
  • lroconner
    lroconner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is not unreasonable. I get to the gym at 4:30am to workout before work. It really is a great way to start the day.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much the only time I can get my workout in, so yes I'm willing to do it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The trick is going to bed at an appropriate time. I get up at 4:30 3 days a week to work out.
  • perpetual98
    Options
    I enjoy sleeping too much so I end up working out at night. Last night I didn't get done with my walk until almost 11PM which is probably a bit later than I should go since I didn't fall asleep until after midnight.

For me it's easier to work out at night after the family goes to bed. Although the other morning I had one of my middle-of-the-night insomnia bouts so I did go walking about 5AM.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I used to get up at 3:45 to run because that was when I had time. You get used to it and I prefer working out in the morning rather than at night.
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ok, this is going to sound ridiculous, but at one point in the school year, i did have to wake up at 4:45 in order to get my workout in. i tried to do it the first few days, but just seeing the number 4 on that clock made me hit the snooze and crawl back into bed. my solution: set the time on my clock for 15 minutes later! it sounds silly, but believe me, when you've just woken up, 5 AM seems SO much later than 4:45!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am during the week to get in an hour weight lifting session. Totally worth it for the gym to be less busy. Plus I'm a morning person.
  • jennpf
    jennpf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It isn't unrealistic --once you do it for a month or so you get used to it. Just be prepared to go to bed a LOT earlier! That was my biggest obstacle!
  • bsierras
    Options
    Not unreasonable at all. My problem is getting to bed early enough. I try to get up at 4 at least 3 days a week. It gets easier once you get into the routine and you feel awesome during the day. Hate waking up that early but love how it makes me feel. Good luck
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It depends on you, and I think you already know the answer. I get up at 5.50, out the door by 6.15 and at work at 7. I REFUSE to get up any earlier. My coworkers think I'm not a morning person because I don't want to be here at 5am. My house mates think I'm crazy because I'm out of bed by 7AM Sat/Sun.

You have to do what works for you. Good luck in your journey.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, depending on my work schedule I have to get in early. Your body will adjust once you start....Seems like I burn more when I workout in the mornings.
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I actually get up between 0400 and 0430 depending on the day. It's tough but I kinda have to do it for work. Oh well.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity last week. I normally work a day shift, but for the last couple of weeks, I switched to evening shift (5 pm to 4 am) to help out due to staffing issues. Therefore, I've had a little alone time when I wake up because the kids and SO are off to work/school/daycare.

I normally get up at 4 am . . . just to get ready for work!! I am actually considering getting up at 3 am to do Insanity before work. There is no way to get it in after work, and I really want to continue the program. I usually don't get home until 5:30 or 6 and then have to start dinner for 4 kids and SO. By the time we eat dinner, clear the table, load the dishwasher and get the youngest kids to bed, it's 8pm. That is what time I probably will need to get in bed in order to get enough rest to get up at 3 am.

So, yeah, suck it up. It's not that early.
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am Monday-Friday and sometimes Saturday. It's not unrealistic and then you are able to get your workout out of the way for the day.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:40 5 days per week and only need an alarm maybe once a week. I do not go to bed earlier than before I started my morning workouts. My body is used to it and I actually feel more engerized for the day than when I was sleeping later and not working out.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I woke up at 4:00am to go to work today. This was after finding out my start time at 8:00pm last night. This is for a TV commercial shoot. I had to spend the hours between 6-10am running stadium stairs. I'm actually pretty glad I didn't work out before work.

So yes, I'm willing to get up super early when necessary.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I'm up at 4am and stretch for half an hour then go right into my exercise...
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:45 3xs a week, M,W,F to get my workout in. I won't lie it can be tough some days but then you are done with your workout for the day.

Me too!

I find that I have less opportunity to make excuses not to go if I'm there before I even wake up properly!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I would have to get up at 4:45 as well to get a 30 minute run in before I have to shower and leave to drop my son off at daycare and go to work!
    I have been thinking a lot about just getting up and doing it but I haven't been able to just yet!