Celebrating Weight Loss When You're Still Over 300 lbs?

Options

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
    Lao-tzu

Even the smallest step forward gets you closer to your destination.
    Brian Sharpe
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, you're not celebrating that you weigh 319, so much as that you have reached that point in your journey. You know still have a way to go but that doesn't matter. They say a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. I say celebrate each step if you want to, as long as you keep stepping. Try to remember that what you are doing is no easy task, and I know there are plenty of people smaller than you that couldn't do what you have already done.

So keep your head up and try to not rain on your own parade.
  • lisacn
    Options
    CELEBRATE ON MY FRIEND!!!! You have made a great accomplishment and are moving in the right direction. You are not where you wanna be but you are absolutely NOT where you use to be ...and that's what it's all about. A few weeks from now this 319 will be a thing of the past. I am VERY PROUD of you ! You are my inspiration!:happy: :happy:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You should be very PROUD of yourself! You are making positive changes in your life and you have every right to celebrate!! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Where you are currently with your physique is not very important.

The direction you're going with your physique is critical.

YOU are doing it right. Keep doing it.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    You have lost an ENORMOUS amount of weight, which is not only amazing of itself, but also shows you have it in you to lose the rest. You SHOULD be celebrating, and if you don't, we'll celebrate for you.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I say CELEBRATE! You have worked hard. Sure, there's more progress to be made, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate how far you've come! Milestones are important and you should set them. No one should wait until their funeral to celebrate their life... they have BIRTHDAYS every year to applaud the journey! :)

To give you a different perspective, sometimes I feel silly celebrating my weight loss because it is so insignifcant compared to other people. I only lost 50 pounds... which, compared to some of the amazing things people on this site accomplish, seems pretty piddly.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Any type of progress, and the decision you made to change your lifestyle should always be celebrated -- no matter where you are at in the process.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Um... I believe 37 pounds is a cause for celebration. You know why? Cause you earned it. You've stuck with it. You didn't give up. You have started that process and are still going. Dont let those doubts control you. Thats allowing other people to control you, those thoughts were originated by mean people who think just because you're not like them you can't do something. You are better then that. Don't quit.

and also if it makes you feel better, Im still fighting the same 5 lbs i've been fighting for a year now. I need to lose far more, but I can't seem to get the combo right between exercise, food, water, sleep and stress to get anywhere, so you can sure bet when I actually make it to 10, despite the fact that i have a 100 to go I will be dancin my a** off.
  • casslivingston91
    Options
    NEVER downplay yourself, look at how far you've gotten so far! 37lbs is one hell of an accomplishment, the only thing you would be stupid for is if you throw it away! You're an inspiration, keep going you CAN do it!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you don't celebrate the little victories...you will completely miss the big ones...

you've worked hard...that's something to be proud of...don't belittle it...

celebrating it is key.

^^This. You earned each and every celebrating Happy Dance! Go ahead! Enjoy - you are earning it!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Slaps you! Would you tell that to anyone else who has lost almost 40lbs? I bet you wouldnt I bet you would think that person was a total biyatch if anyone belittle that accomplishment.

Well, if you dont think you deserve dancing for your loss I will dance for it. You celebrate every tiny stinking little pound that you lose not because you are losing weight but because you are finally showing yourself love.

Sorry for the tough love! Please be proud of your accomplisment and be patient and be kind.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Celetebrate good times come on! doby do do do do, come on! :laugh:

A loss is a loss, be it 0.1 or be it 2 lbs!

Remember your victories and celebrate everyone!

You're not celebrating how much you weigh now, you are celebrating that you have done the hardest thing, to make a positive change in your life and to admit that change was needed.

This guy cracks me up, it's Nerd Fitness:
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/09/04/power-of-habit/
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/09/06/unhealthy/
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    A loss of 37 pounds is excellent (hello, that's over 10% of your starting weight)!! Own your success and CELEBRATE it!!!
  • Linda_Ba
    Options
    Everything I have read says that just losing 10% of your body weight can make a drastic change for the good in your health. You have already acheived that. As some of the other people said you are not celebrating the fact that you are over 300# (I am as well). You need to be celebrating that you now care enough for yourself to be taking care of you and giving yourself a better life. You are awesome!! There is a quote that I keep on my wall that I have to remind myself of every now and again.

"Life is a competition not with others, but with ourselves. We should seek each day to live stronger, better, truer lives; each day to master some weakness of yesterday; each day to repair a mistake; each day to surpass ourselves." _ David B. Haight
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you rock
  • phatech
    Options
    Hi, you have done a great job to have come from 356 to 319 that in itself is awesome. I celebrate each pound I loose as a small victory in the war against fat. Each pound is a small battle and one day we will look in the mirror and see that we have won the war against obesity. Please don't fret, you didn't gain the weight in a day and you won't loose it in a day. Count each pound as a blessing to your return to good health. Each pound brings you closer to your target weight so please celebrate and don't let the demons in your head tell you that your not doing an awesome job. Your a winner because you have come this far, don't give up now.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I started at 322. I celebrate every pound lost (heck, I celebrate every .25 lb lost) I celebrate every time I decide to grab celery instead of pretzels. I celebrate every time I reach for water instead of Diet Coke. I celebrate every time I elect to do just one more minute on the elliptical or one more lap in the pool. I reward myself every time I hit a 5 pound milestone, drop another 5 % or move into another BMI classification.

Maybe i just like to party! Or maybe I've decided that I'm worth it? You're worth it too!

I won't slap you ... I'm handing you a party hat
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you're doing an INCREDIBLE job! you have every right to celebrate, you know why? because you worked your butt of to get where you are and deserve that credit. be nice to yourself, let yourself enjoy this loss! :happy:
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    206013_399652413423304_1457527543_n.jpg

Just keep it up and you'll be under 300 in no time! <3