Celebrating Weight Loss When You're Still Over 300 lbs?

Options

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You deserve to celebrate it! It's a celebration of your decision to take control over your health. Celebrate every pound and every healthy choice--they're all getting you closer to your goal!
    :happy:
  • honda_k2
    Options
    This is so true
    I have started putting rocks in a section of my garden that weigh the weight i have lost. Then occasionally i am going to pick them all of up and once carry them around the garden to remind me how much i have lost and much lighter I feel now. Celebrate your loss of lbs with pride and happiness, put it out there and tell the world, as you can see so many people are supportive of you.
    Congratulations :-)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way a lot of times. Believe it or not though, I am quicker to congratulate someone's loss at 300 pounds than someone's loss at 150. I know it seems biased, but I was almost at 300 at one time, and I KNOW how difficult it is to get started. You have at least 100 more reasons (pounds) than the normal person to complain on why it's too hard, what's the point, etc.

You should feel epic! Everyone who works on achieving their goals should feel proud! But you should be even more proud!! :flowerforyou:
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Take that self-defeating attitude and kick it out for good. You're making a great change! Be proud of who you are and how you're improving your life. Celebrate!!!
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    HECK YES!! CELEBRATE the bejeezes out of each and every loss! YOU are doing this, girl!

Consider yourself smacked!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the amount of time it will take to reach it".
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Celebrate it! Yes, you are still over 300, but not for long! I started out at 332, and HATED it , but every time I got on the scale and had a loss it was so motivating. I hit 299 about a month ago and felt like I won the lottery!

So celebrate you losses, for each one, you are getting closer to your goal! You can do this!!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hunny every pound gone is a victory. Every victory should be celebrated, and if you are moved to dance and shake and holler WOO HOO then, by God, HOLLER WOO HOO. You work hard for the weight you lose you should never feel "stupid" about wanting to cheer yourself on and celebrate your own value.

I had mini celebrations every 10 lbs, hell I have mini parties every time I look at the scale and the number is lower than the day before. I weigh myself DAILY just fyi :D You are hearing someone else's voice telling you that it's stupid, time to muzzle that wretch until he/she learns manners.

Have faith in yourself. Be PROUD of yourself. And if you want to have a mini party and shout woo hoo. Shout. WOO. HOO.

WOO HOO!!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. when i started here i weighed 340. my weight keeps bouncing between 320 and 330 now. i've cut down to between 1200 and 1500 calories per day and i'm exercising 30-60 minutes 4-5 days a week. i've cut out so many foods and most sugar and am working on lowering my carbs and incorporating low-fat proteins and more fiber. the weight is hanging on but i've been dropping inches like crazy since the start of the month. i have muscle i've never seen before building on my neck and shoulders and can lift my 40 pound daughter like it's nothing. i'm becoming more flexible and can handle yoga much better and recently bought a pilates dvd. so while i've only lost 16 pounds so far, any weight loss is better than nothing. the weight didn't get put on overnight, it won't come off overnight. keep up the good work and know that i feel the same way you do! any loss is a reason to celebrate, even if it's just a silent "YAY!" and a fist pump to yourself!
  • fabulessmommy
    fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's not silly to celebrate. You should feel proud of yourself. You’re becoming a healthier you. This is a battle that no one can fight for you. So every pound lost is a win on your part! Every day you determine what you will and won't eat and who you will and won't become. You rock! I look at myself in the mirror every day and remind myself that I a beautiful! Sometimes I think it's silly but it keeps me motivated. Celebrating your loss keeps you motivated. I say celebrate right on honey! :)
  • SBlost
    Options
    Awww...don't beat yourself up. You have every reason to celebrate every single little loss you have right down to 0.1 pounds because it is happening because you are on a course to change your lifestyle forever! Good luck :smile:

Well said!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

CONGRATS on your loss and celebrate!!! 37lbs loss, you did that hard work, instead of sitting on the couch saying you will start your healthier life tomorrow, you got up and did it!!! Awesome job!!!
    I cant wait until I hit 30lbs. I am half way there and aiming to lose about 130lbs all together!!
    good luck on the rest of the weight loss. Celebrate every single pound gone, you are becoming the "new" you!!!
  • MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ***SMACK***

Good job and you can celebrate the victory but war is not over.

Now that you know you can do keep going to do better.

ITS GREAT to celebrate after you small victories, but don't slack or get depressed. Keep moving
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thanks again. :)

I just read this entry on my blog, from the day I made a conscious decision to change, and boy... was it an eye-opener. I am SO GLAD I'm not there anymore. It took me a few months to actually get started, but I'm so glad I did. Maybe I should keep this bookmarked.

http://drawn-to-scale.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-is-just-stupid.html
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go to the pet department at Walmart, find the biggest bag of dog food they carry, throw it over your shoulder and walk around the store for a while and then put it down and walk around the store again! Then come back and tell us you don't have a reason to celebrate 37 pounds gone! Honey, celebrate every pound gone, every good food decision made, every new notch on your belt, and every bead of sweat! Remember you can't reach the destination if you don't take the journey and every step of the journey gets you closer.
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Someone smack some sense into me. Please. :)

I'll smack some sense into you: You lost 37 pounds. Celebrate it. You are continuing to lose. Celebrate that. Assuming you have been losing through healthy eating and exercise, be proud of yourself for developing good habits.

When I was at my heaviest (around 260), I used to think it was pointless to try to lose weight, because even if I lost 50 pounds, I'd still be 50 pounds overweight. Now that I have lost 50 pounds, I realize that I was wrong. I feel so much better at 205 then I did at 260 and I have much better habits. Even if I don't lose another ounce, I am so much better off and I am happy about it. Even if you don't lose another ounce, you are still 37 pounds better off (that's 10% of the weight you started at by the way, hardly a minor loss).

TOTALLLLLLLLLY agree with this post. Feel proud about how far you HAVE come. What this is is NOT a sprint to the finish line. Its a whole lifestyle change and you should think about it differently. Glass half full girl - half full!
  • IowaLady80
    Options
    I think we should all be celebrating the fact that we have made a decision to change our lives. I have been taking this weight loss thing one pound at a time and I am always excited to see the scale change!!
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far. I focus on losing weight one pound at a time. It helps keep me sane- and I have leaned to celebrate those small achievements.

Focusing on the big numbers won't get you there any faster- focus on being heathy. Remember this isn't a "diet"which is temporary- it's a healthier lifestyle.

Best of luck to you!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    I was 368 when I started, I am finally down in the 290's. It is amazing not to see that 3, But do feel proud of yourself and look how far you have come. It will be in the 2's before you know it then you will have another goal to reach for. Celebrate every goal, you worked hard for it.
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You should not only be proud of yourself, you should use your weight loss as a continued motivation to keep going forward! In my mind, my weight loss obstacles are/were just as big as yours! I never, ever thought that I would be able to even keep 3 pounds off! I lost and gained 3 pounds over and over for 10 years!! When I finally lost a fourth pound, you would have thought that I won the lottery! Could anyone tell that I lost 4 pounds? Heck no! Did they care? Mostly, not so much! But whatever! It was a milestone for me. So go ahead and celebrate your milestones, your pounds lost, your little victories from each day. Celebrate EVERYTHING! Because you are not only becoming less heavy, you are becoming healthier and stronger. And this is the place to celebrate. WE are all cheering for you!

And congratulations!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, and can relate, as I feel the same. I joined MFP in February, but did not really start until March 12th. Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary of logging everything. Tomorrow I weigh in. I think I will be under 200 pounds for the first time in almost 3 decades. People tell me everyday how fantastic I look, and how well I am doing. I think to myself, I am still obese, why should I celebrate. But, I have achieved something I hadn't done in decades, and I have to own that. It is an accomplishment. You are doing it too! With determination and perseverance, we will get to where we want to be. So, we need to allow ourselves to acknowledge our milestones. We are all worth it! The best of luck to you along your way!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Be proud of what you have accomplished and the fact that you have the tools now to get where you are headed. You are awesome!