Celebrating Weight Loss When You're Still Over 300 lbs?

Options

Replies

• maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    celebrate what you have done. if you dont than it can lead to feelings of failure and overeating again. It has happened to me and becasue of that I have put back on the weight that I have lost plus more. Now I started here a month ago and so far I had lost 7.8 pounds that is pretty awesome. Keep going you are doing great.
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You deserve to celebrate! This is your journey and you have made a significant accomplishment! Focus on yourself and each step that you take toward achieving YOUR goal. This is all about you!
  • MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ((((((((((((SMACK))))))))))))))))))

If you dont' want to celebrate, I'll do it for you!!
    :drinker: HAPPY DANCE

:laugh: :tongue: Keep up the great work, Hun!
  • Amanda2br
    Options
    Yes.. Celebrate.. Let everyone know it! 36 lbs is alot of work! Keep up the great work and be proud of every lb you lose!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Focus on what you've achieved, which is fab! I've lost 42lbs over the past 14 months, so I know how hard it is, as does anyone who's had to loose weight.

Soon you'll be celebrating the next 37lbs lost, then the next etc.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Enjoy your success. This a small victory in the grand scheme of your goals, but a GREAT victory none the less. If you won’t celebrate it I’ll do it for you. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Line up those 37 lbs in water bottles, then try and carry them around for 5 minutes!
    Then do another happy dance around those water bottles and be happy you will never have to carry them around constantly anymore and anyone who even dares to question your celebrating should walk around with those bottles straped on them for half a day!

You are doing great, if we can not be happy about the little wins (or in this case losses) we have every week, then we have an even harder time to keep our good habits!
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Focus on one thing and one thing only.....PRESS ON AND KEEP MAKING PROGRESS EVERYDAY!! You are SUPPOSED to rejoice in all of your victories! Never feel bad about celebrating your own success! You're the only one that truely matters on this journey you're on. If you can't get excited every step of the way what would be your motivation to continue? I say put on your goofy celabratory face and DANCE! YOU'VE EARNED IT! :-)
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Please do not let anyone make you feel like you have not made a tremendous achievement! Yes, you may not be at your desired weight...but you are making changes in your life to get there.

CELEBRATE IT!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way: The heavier you start, the more you have to celebrate! For example, I weigh 328 and have 129 pounds to lose. That's 129 reasons to do something that makes me feel good and make "losing" fun! You already have 37 celebrations that are fully earned and deserved. You won 37 times so far! Congrats!

I love that way of looking at it! I'm tempted to try it myself.

Seriously though hon - 37lb is brilliant. And no matter whether you've got 200lb left to lose, or 2lb left..it's still that one step closer to being as brilliant as you already know you can be.
    It's okay to be discouraged and down. But knowing that you can carry on and continue without stopping is what you should be celebrating too :D
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You have every right to celebrate every achievement. Losing weight, no matter how much you weigh, is not an easy task and you should be proud of yourself.

Today you’re celebrating 319 lbs. Next week, it might be 317, then 315 and so on… and one day it will be your goal weight.

Keep up the good work!
  • jenjen0214
    Options
    DO NOT SCOLD YOURSELF FOR CELEBRATING!!!!! I celebrate every pound that drains off my fat butt! You have made an amazing start to a long journey. I am nearly two years into what resulted today (from the scale) a total loss of 117 pounds....I am freaking ecstatic!! I am still 199 pounds, people still call me fat, and I still look fat, but I am going to keep working at this.

I am proud of your and your progress, do not feel bad about celebrating ALL the victories you have!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I try to think of my weight loss as getting "healthy" and not beautiful. Every pound is a step healthier than before. It's like riding a bike. If I am riding 12 miles with some obstacles (hills) and I make it up one hill in the first mile, I am still proud of myself even though I have 11 miles left to go. Its ok to feel great when you lose even a couple of pounds. The joy after a loss helps keep you on track to your goal. You are doing great, love it!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You won't be over 300 for much longer, pretty soon you will be in the 200's, don't you think that is something to celebrate?
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think it's great. You are on a journey...you are taking the time to enjoy all the milestones along the way...yes, you have every reason to celebrate. You have every reason to be proud of yourself. :smile:
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You should totally celebrate! 37 pounds is loads to lose!!!! :D You've lost 10% of your total bodyweight that's an amazing achievement!!! Well done you'll be on the success story thread in no time with losses like this!!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Don't just celebrate the weight-loss.

Celebrate your new life. That's what's REALLY worth celebrating. Your self discovery, your journey, and your new lifestyle are worth celebrating. The weight-loss is just a bonus.

^^THIS!!
  • Stac2004
    Stac2004 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Don't just celebrate the weight-loss.

Celebrate your new life. That's what's REALLY worth celebrating. Your self discovery, your journey, and your new lifestyle are worth celebrating. The weight-loss is just a bonus.

^^^ THIS!!!!! Great perspective!
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's important to celebrate all of your progress, to look back and see how far you've come, instead of the path you have left. 319 is an accomplishment because you're trying, you're succeeding, and you're striving to be a healthier person. I think that's a wonderful thing to celebrate. :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too sometimes. I think it's a good thing to feel like that from time to time. It keeps you in check of your goals. You should celebrate your weight loss though.