24 lost and CANT see a diff

Options
Neither can anyone else.. :( clothes still fit the same as i can tell, its really a downer...i dont get it .. when will i see a diff.. i see numbers lowering on the scale.. but...i dont see anything nither does anyone else ..:(

Replies

• Watersapphire
    Watersapphire Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi - firstly congratulations on the 24lbs!
    There must be some kind of difference - did you take your measurements at the start, if not do it now - then you have some record of where you are. Take some photos, too - even if it is for your own record!

How tall are you? I think the taller you are, the longer it usually takes to show the weight loss (and also the other way round, if you put a little weight on it doesn't show so much!).

If it helps, I am 5ft 11 and people have only just started to notice in the past couple of days that I have lost weight and it's 30lbs lost!

Stay positive, am sure those comments will come in!
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    definitely don't rely on the scales, especially if you're doing exercise as well :)
    Do as Watersapphire says and take photos (same outfit & pose) and take measurements of your waist, hips, arms & legs :)
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    TattedLiLdiVa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well im NOT as tall as you thats for sure...im 5'6 1/2 ..so idk...i dont see a differance.. but i will be going to get mesured soon..(getting married in december) ..the last i was mesured it was before i started trying to loose...scales dont lie.. but ehh ...lol i guess i have to be patient...its just kinda disshearting to see people loose 15 pounds and see a drastic result...im happy for them but. its like ....idk ..it makes me sad i cant see anything
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All your profile pics aren't from the same time are they? I can see a difference in those. 24 pounds is nothing to scoff at. Sometimes it takes people a while to notice because they are oblivious. Don't let all the hard work slow down. You will get where you want to be soon enough. I know it can feel like forever. In fact I just weighed myself again tonight and was really excited the scale had moved down three pounds since my last weigh in. I couldn't believe it so I stepped on again just to be sure, and wouldn't you know, it was different? I figured out a cheerio had slid under one edge. ARGHH!!! Lol. Good thing I didn't log that!
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    Options
    LOL.. no .. i weigh myself three times to get and avg and make sure .. i see the same number 3 times before i log it..lol DARN cheereos.. i stay away from them lol..but no my pics are from diferent times.. and face pics can be deciving if not taken from straight on ..lol ;) but yea...im trying to stay positive.. people ask me how im doing on my weight loss .. i tell them . hey i have lost .. (insert number here ) and when it got to the 20 mark .. i just get the DUMB look like " girl u know u havnt lost that much .. why you telling me that "<--- thats the look i get from people, ...so its like -_-.. but i really have ..----_
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 24lbs! People may not be noticing if they see you on a regular basis. You may definitely not be noticing for the very same reason, you see yourself in the mirror every day, so it's hard to really gauge any differences. I bet if you see someone tomorrow that you haven't seen in weeks, they'll go "OH MY GOSH YOU LOOK AMAZING!"

Like Watersapphire says, take some pictures, they're usually the easiest way to see any actual differences. And I can definitely see the differences in your profile pictures. The one you have up now and the one that you have dark hair in are similar angles and I can see your face has thinned out a little. Just keep pushing, soon you'll see it too. =)
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nah. You're just naturally beautiful so they are having trouble with the healthier beautiful you. Quit outshining your friends, darn it! Lol. Sometimes five pounds will show and the next five won't. Annoying, but true. I lost 20 before anyone said a word to me, and I am 5'3". I know it shows. Then I went down a pant size, which felt great until I realized the trimmer clothing made me look the size I was before! (The fit did it!) Gotta laugh it off and keep going. Sometimes gaining muscle can replace the fat lost and so your overall size is close to the same. BUT you can tell you are getting stronger. You can do more push-ups, sit-ups, etc...

I was talking with a friend of mine today who claims she has sore abs after doing 15 crunches. I was absolutely shocked. I am doing around 100 left, right, center, and then bicycle and barely feeling the burn. I think it is just that I have been doing it longer now that I think about it a little more. My initial reaction was "Seriously? Dude, fifteen?" which I am positive was not helpful.

Still mad at the cheerio though. BAD cheerio!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you need to lose to start with, if somebody starts at 150lb and loses 15lb, It's gonna show. Someone starting at 300lb losing 15 won't...be patient, you will notice a difference soon and before you know it everyone else will be noticing :happy:
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    From your profile pics, you can see it in your face. The pic of you with dark hair - your cheeks are fuller compared to your current pic. You're beautiful in both pics, but you can see a definite pronunciation of your shin and cheeks in your current picture compared to that picture of your face with dark hair. I am sure that your other body parts have lost weight too.
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    Options
    Thank you yea ... the profile pic up now is more recent from like a few weeks ago..but im still pushing through this crap. i have my days where i think i fall off but im still going ....it may take me a while but .. ill loose..
  • Mummy2EliandAda
    Mummy2EliandAda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i was the same it didnt really show in my opinion till i had hit the 50-60 pounds lost mark as i tend to hold my frame well. the best way of measuring for me is how my clothing fits. my work uniform is loose fitting now and i can tell from when i first got it 3 months ago i have lost weight. I am a medium build girl and i to be honest i am taking a slow approach i rather be able to take steps and be able to maintain them than go all out and stumble and be back at square one.

when loosing weight we are all under the illusion that each weigh in we should weigh less.
    HOWEVER we dont always consider the following things

- If we have been drinking more fluids
    - if we have been building muscel
    - what time we have been weighing ourselves

as long as the trend is that the weight is going down thats all good hang in there the weight didnt come on in an instant its not going to come off in an instant. its taken me 9 months to loose 34.5 kg ( thats some of the weight i gained in pregnancy )

putting steps in place to curb negative feeding habits can help these things i found helpful.

- supermarket shopping NO trips down the confectionary isle , no fizzy drink diet or normal always buy things that you can use to make your lunch or things that will leave left overs. fruits and veg for the nibbly times and almonds helped with the hunger pangs

- leave the eftpos card at home and take the cash you need for the day
    only take what you need, money for parking paying bills - essential things that means no spare change for bought coffees and treats things that could trip you up.

- water water water , keep a water bottle on your desk at work and near you at home if you keep things near you that are healthy you are less inclined to wander if something is already in front of you you will settle for it even if its healthy.

- if you get invited out to lunch have a look online see if the place has a menu that offers healthier options - if not have a snack before you go and have something light when you get there .

hope you found this helpful i fell off the horse frustrated so many times, as long as you get back on and keep fighting the good fight for you - the amount of pride that you have done this for yourself will be worth it everyone is different and their bodies. space your weigh ins to every second week the difference may be more noticeable
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Well im NOT as tall as you thats for sure...im 5'6 1/2 ..so idk...i dont see a differance.. but i will be going to get mesured soon..(getting married in december) ..the last i was mesured it was before i started trying to loose...scales dont lie.. but ehh ...lol i guess i have to be patient...its just kinda disshearting to see people loose 15 pounds and see a drastic result...im happy for them but. its like ....idk ..it makes me sad i cant see anything

Aren't you doing this for you?? You know you're making progress because the scale is moving. don't worry about anyone else or what they think or see. Also, how much do you have to lose?? I think the less you have to lose, the harder it is to see. I'm 5'6''.... when I started i was 303.4 -- my family noticed right away - before I could see it. BUT i also lost weight in my face first! so it depends on where you're losing (which you can't control, unfortunately).
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You are a very beautiful girl. Your profile pictures sure do show a loss in your face. I'm pretty sure you have lost inches also. You look great and congratulations on losing 24 lbs. That is wonderful. Keep at it, everything will catch up, just give it time.
    Good luck
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'4 , and I can't really tell a difference that I lost weight looking at myself. I got motivation pictures of myself from previous diets. The shorter you are the more weight will show , like i'm all bunched up with all the weight on my short arms, legs, and stomach. Even my short little fingers....lol. Especially my chubby face! Nobody has given any notice or compliments on me losing weight, but that doesn't matter to me at all. What matters is knowing I'm trying hard every day with my diet, exercise, and paying attention to everything on my diary. That is GREAT that you are still seeing results on the scale. Some people would wish for that and that's all you need to make you drive even harder n be happy that your hard work is showing!!! Especially for ur mental motivation. My weight is always up and down on the scale, maybe due to water weight and muscle gain. I do believe the scales can lie a lot If you are doing everything right!! Lol. I've noticed my clothes fit looser. Knowing I'm making great changes is enough for me. Only I know how much hard work I put in everyday, and through struggles. I don't let others get to me. It's me and me only on this journey that measures me changing my life for the better. I need to get tape to start measuring my body for results instead of just the scale. *_*
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    take pics, thats the only way I see a diffrence is a pic I took when i stayred, and a pic I took recently, all my clothes fit just fine, and without those i see no diffrence, but keep it up and you will stat seeing it soon, and take a pic of you now, then do it again in like 2 months and as long as you keep working hard you will see a diffrence in the pictures
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you need to lose to start with, if somebody starts at 150lb and loses 15lb, It's gonna show. Someone starting at 300lb losing 15 won't...be patient, you will notice a difference soon and before you know it everyone else will be noticing :happy:

Yes, agree with this. You usually have to lose between 10% and 15% of your start weight to see it.

25 pounds is nothing to sneeze at though! Fill a backpack with 25 pounds and wear it for a few hours, and you'll appreciate the loss more. :happy:
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's crazy, isn't it??!! I have lost 30 pounds and I'm wearing the same ol' pants!! My weight loss has been slow and I think it just takes a bit for your body to shrink.
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im actually so glad to see this post. It is exactly what I needed to hear today. Someone at work last night was asking me if I had lost any weight yet from working out and packing my lunch. I was like :((( 21 pounds. No one can tell. I know my clothes are fitting better, but I did think 20 pounds would be like a landmark that people would notice. I realize its not about them, its about me, but honestly I dont notice it by looking either !!

I should have done the pic thing, I keep saying im going to start and I dont do it.
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    Options
    Well.. i want to loose well all together over 100 lbs BUT i want to loose 94 more pounds now.. i was 309..
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    Options

Aren't you doing this for you?? You know you're making progress because the scale is moving. don't worry about anyone else or what they think or see. Also, how much do you have to lose?? I think the less you have to lose, the harder it is to see. I'm 5'6''.... when I started i was 303.4 -- my family noticed right away - before I could see it. BUT i also lost weight in my face first! so it depends on where you're losing (which you can't control, unfortunately).

lol ok that last one was ment for u im new to the board thing .. but i have 94 more pounds to loose lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!