Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

fat loss, muscle gain...confusion!

I switched my cals to maintence and started lifting heavy and more often then doing straight cardio. my hrm says i burn between 500 and 600 hundred cals average. My cals are set at 1830 before working out. Some days i eat 1300 some days i eat 2300 depending on how im feeling hungry or not. Average though is about 1850. (not including workout cals, 1850 average actually consumed)
My workouts kick my *kitten*, yet i feel like nothing is changing..no fat loss, no more muscle, clothes fit the same...So my question is do I feel like i'm stuck because of the diet? I either need to eat more or less? but with that burn daily my net cals are closer to 1350 ave. so i should technically be losing? Im lifting alot and getting a good burn because lifting heavy is hard work! I occasionally go for a run and i do Insanity as well. CONFUSED! THANKS!!

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    İt may be too early? İt literally took me four full weeks eating at a deficit to see the tiniest drop on the scale, but i gradually saw changes in my body. Are you taking pics? Are you aiming to maintain or lose? İ would give it a bit longer...
  • What macros do you work off? How much protein do you average? May be worth tweaking these a bit as your calories sound OK.

Looking at your profile you are already pretty ripped so I assume you have been weight training for a while? What is your training routine? Maybe try mixing this up a bit - alternating low rep high weight and endurance strength training
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    THANKS! Maybe you hit it with the macros...more consistancy there....the only one i ever hit consistantly is protein and i eat about 150 grams...other then that fat and carbs there is no average its all over the place! and yes time too!!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    How long have you been training?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    How long have you been training?

I have this question too. Also, what is the frequency of each type of training and what is your weight routine?