SO SURGERY,,,, would you???

Options

Replies

• roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    To my knowledge, loose skin can only be solved with surgery. In regards to if I would consider it - definitely. Do lots and lots of research, and don't cheap out.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I Have Thought about it before.... But instead Why not do it yourself After you get surgery what do you have to do Eat les.. workout. Iv seen someone who got surgery their in the best shape of their life know but they cant eat very much... They have to eat little little things throughout the day.. Their stomach is not very big after they get the surgery. So yes i would consider if nothing els worked but i would say atleast try your best at everything before you get it because their are a lot of health risks ... and if you dont eat healthy and right and exercise you could get really sick. or you would gain the weight right back so Its a yes and no situation.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I would never have a surgery that wasn't absolutely necessary for my health. I have heard too many stories of these things going horribly wrong, and I'd rather spend that money on something a lot more tangible, like a diamond tennis bracelet.
  • bigbootycuti
    bigbootycuti Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally am going to too! I don't have kids but I have always had extremely large breasts, but whats the point in doing it now because even when I get back to my ideal weight I had huge breasts then too! I feel like a breast reduction will help my self esteem and help me continue my fitness. Do what makes you happy and having 3 kids is reason enough to do it... you deserve it!
  • bigbootycuti
    bigbootycuti Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was of course talking plastic surgery, not gastric bypass. I've heard bad things about gastric bypass and I work in healthcare. If you are thinkn plastic surgery like a tummy tuck, def do yer research and if it makes you happy, why not?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I would very much have a boob lift and tummy tuck after I'm done having children. Just be sure you take your time and find a good reliable surgeon and staff. Don't go cheap.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure. I like to see what happens with more weight loss. Good luck to you
  • MzzAshley
    MzzAshley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have the means to pay for it, Id say you worked your butt of and deserve it, go for it girl!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I probably will eventually. I am not very close to my goal/ideal weight so I have a while. Definitely hope to do it though.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I plan to after I have children. Mommy makeover, boob job and a tummy tuck :) Just no point in fixing things surgically until after I have children.
  • CandyTX
    Options
    I've lost 184 pounds with another 15-50 to go (depending on how I feel, I'm taking it 5 pounds at a time once I hit 200 lost). I will most definitely have plastic surgery. I had weight loss surgery (gastric sleeve) which has given me an entire new lease on life (we all have our own journey and that's what it took for ME after 30 years of obesity). Being that heavy for that long left me with a LOT of skin though. I have no illusions that I'll need plastic surgery. No idea how to pay for it all, but in a perfect world, I'd have the whole works done :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    yep! had surgery two years ago (implants), best decision I ever made for myself!!! I couldn't b happier :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I can't see my arms ever looking good. Loose skin it really starting to show... Yes I would certainly consider surgery if I get to goal Nd it doesn't look right. Especially if the NHS are willing. I've worked so hard and I don't see anything wrong with getting the surgery at the end of it if I need it x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm not considering it, I will have it. But only after I maintained my weight for a full 12 months.
    If you worked so hard to get there, and you can show yourself that you can continue doing it, and stay healthy. Be happy, do it :-)
    I did not work that hard to run around with 2 bags under my arms, and between my legs, and that enormous bag at my belly.

He beat to it! I would have typed pretty much the very same thing! Not considering it, DOING IT! But not until I'm done losing weight, doing every I can do get fit etc., mine will be for medical reasons as I likely will have a lot of loose skin.

If you feel it's the thing to do for you to feel better, I say go for it, you've worked hard. Extra skin won't go anywhere no matter what you do so the only thing to do is make peace with it or have them remove it.

I've decided to only make peace with mine will I'm working my way down the scale!:laugh: :wink:
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have been in the medical field for over 30 yrs and I worked with Bariatric Surgeons, I would not recommend that surgery, so many patients came back cuz of gaining weight back. Just my opinion.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Go for it. It's your body. Many people will say if I can have a flat tummy so can you, not necessarily every body is different. It's your body, and after working on it so long you deserve to like what you see when you look in the mirror. But that's just my opinion.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I Have Thought about it before.... But instead Why not do it yourself After you get surgery what do you have to do Eat les.. workout. Iv seen someone who got surgery their in the best shape of their life know but they cant eat very much... They have to eat little little things throughout the day.. Their stomach is not very big after they get the surgery. So yes i would consider if nothing els worked but i would say atleast try your best at everything before you get it because their are a lot of health risks ... and if you dont eat healthy and right and exercise you could get really sick. or you would gain the weight right back so Its a yes and no situation.

the op is very clear, she is talking about plastic surgery to correct loose skin NOT bariatric surgery.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have been in the medical field for over 30 yrs and I worked with Bariatric Surgeons, I would not recommend that surgery, so many patients came back cuz of gaining weight back. Just my opinion.

the op is very clear, she is talking about plastic surgery to correct loose skin NOT bariatric surgery.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    no friggin way. i am prrof positive that you can do it. i weighed 316 the day i delivered my 2nd child. i have a nice flat set of abs that i work very very hard for everyday.it is do able!!! it has taken a looong time but it can be done!!

Would you mind sharing how long it took and how old you are? I'm thinking I'll see what I look like one year from reaching my goal weight (at now) but I'm 49 so not sure I'll ever 'bounce' back. Definitely not something I would do if it can be avoided. :smile:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Ugh! PLEASE READ THE OP, not just the title before responding. The OP is CLEARLY not talking about bariatric surgery.