people that are poison ...

Options
13»

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am a recovering addict. Whether it be drugs or alcohol, remember that addiction is a disease. It makes us say and do things we would never do if clean and sober. I was a hateful, mean, out of control person when I was still using. I was very verbally abusive and said and did many horrible things when I was using. Don't take it personal. It was the alcohol talking. You are powerless over his behavior. You know you are doing good. Hold your head high.

ditto :-)
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Take a bag of dog SH$T and light it on fire on his front steps and ring his bell and run.

For some reason this, just this!!!! HAHAHAHAH
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You probably look very skinny...The alcohol was probably making him see double! Keep up the hard work and don't let a nasty person bring you down. I have someone who tries to bring me down all the time, and she calls herself a friend. Sometimes you just need to listen to your inner voice and tune out anything that brings negativity your way!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I cast evil spells on people like that. I envision something strange happening to them, like I wish they win the lottery and they lose all the money to back child support. Or that they become famous for doing something stupid, like claiming their kid is stuck in a Mylar balloon when the kid was on the ground safe the whole time.

I don't believe that the spells work, but envisioning news crews making a laughing stock out of a mean person always makes me feel better.

Strangely, mean people tend to have terrible things happen to them anyway. The biggest bully I've ever known has terminal cancer. That mean girl from high school now has MS. Their meanness poisons their souls.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The world is made up of sensitive people and not so sensitive people. I think us sensitive people have it hard because the non sensitive ones try to make us feel their pain for them. Telling it to not bother you won't work, I know that all too well. Just try and realize that being sensitive is a blessing and a curse. Feel the sting and then move on. You know where you have him. A lot of awful comments made by people comes from jealousy actually. Jealousy at their inability to feel and jealousy that you can tackle your weight issues but he can't seem to get a handle on his alchoholism. Consider the source and take is as a blessing that you can feel.
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A few months ago, you were overweight and you took control of that situation, made better choices, and lost 56 lbs.

A few months ago, your neighbour was an alcoholic and ..........what, oh, he is still an alcoholic ......... ah well, never mind :ohwell:
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If I were you my response would have been "Alcohol piece of crap is still home". Don't let him get you down though. Some people are just complete *kitten*. It's most likely cuz he feels miserable about his own crappy life. Big hugz to you

"Alcohol piece of crap is still alive"

Fixed that for you.

Thanx, that was a much better edit :)
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    If I were you my response would have been "Alcohol piece of crap is still home". Don't let him get you down though. Some people are just complete *kitten*. It's most likely cuz he feels miserable about his own crappy life. Big hugz to you

I would say this too!

Great minds :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ugh...ignore this filth. Seriously, your neighbor is obviously a disgusting pig. Good for you for losing so many pounds already :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Remember your last victory. Keep it forefront in your mind along with your prize at the end. Constantly. If you need to put pictures, small statues, quotes, reminders of your last victory. When I was losing weight I left these little reminder at my desk, on the bathroom mirror, on the fridge, on the kitchen table, in the car.

Push aside all other opinions and advise, find and decide what you want and have single minded focus on those. Tune out what everyone else says or wants for you. YOU OWN IT. YOU DECIDE.
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Stay focussed on your goal. Don't let his disease be a cancer to your future.

Vent here and not with your neighbor. Venting at your neighbor will only make it worse. He'll only get drunker and louder. Every. Stinking. Day.

Just because he is drunk is not an excuse for his terrible behavior. He owes you one of his twelve steps and you will probably never get it. Is that a reason to not be fabulous? When in doubt, go the the success boards and be inspired toward your goal.

Words hurt. It's ok to feel hurt. But you have hundreds of healthy people here who are supporting you in your goal to become your best. You choose: one sick person or hundreds of healthy people.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but read about self efficacy.. Now second. Next time your neighbor spews, you should yell back "LOOK, OUR DRUNK NEIGHBOR IS OUT".

Third,,,, read "The road less traveled". As soon as you realize life just sucks, then you can truly appreciate the things that are important. I struggle with this as we all do. Good luck.