SO SURGERY,,,, would you???

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    yes, I would! I did it 8 months ago and wouldn't change a thing! Since you had twins, it probably goes beyond lose skin...you probably have a pretty good gap in you abdominal wall. They can fix that too :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this issue, but yes, I would consider it. When you've done EVERYTHING in your power to achieve low bodyfat and a flat stomach, some people still have excess skin. There is NO amount of exercise and NO amount of diet that can fix that skin. If you want it gone, get the surgery. You've worked hard and deserve to feel good about yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Surgery always has its risks. One of my best friends had a tummy tuck this summer and had some pretty severe complications. Her incisions kept coming back open, there was fat necrosis and so she had huge holes in her abdomen that drained all over the place. She's doing better now, but it was rough, and it has been a long recovery for her.

Last year I had an emergency appendectomy, which is probably the simplest, most routine surgeries of them all. Even still, I ended up with abdominal abscesses that required my incision to be re-opened, and then left open to close on its own. It was extremely painful...the most pain I've ever been in...and I was down for over a month.

So, I guess I am pretty leery about having a surgery that is not actually necessary. Do I have loose skin on my belly from having kids? Absolutely! But I'll deal with it, I suppose. And I'll work my butt off to make it the best I can on my own.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    nope
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    no friggin way. i am prrof positive that you can do it. i weighed 316 the day i delivered my 2nd child. i have a nice flat set of abs that i work very very hard for everyday.it is do able!!! it has taken a looong time but it can be done!!

Although I am very happy for you and the results you have achieved (I can't see you other than your profile pic) but this is a blanket statement that just doesn't hold true for everyone and again this comes down to an individual by individual basis.. Go check out my blog and you will see that in my particular case losing all my weight naturally and slow (been at this 38 months) there was just no hope I would ever tighten up my loose skin anymore than I already have.... Best of Luck to everyone who is or is not getting plastic surgery, I for one even though scare to death know I need this. Not only for overall physical reasons but for my self esteem as well....
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I just put this in another thread...

I had an appointment but called it off due to the recovery... it's very extensive. They separate the skin from the muscle pretty much from your hips to armpits and all the way around, sew up any parted muscles in your abdomen and stitch you back up. My c-section scars took quite a while to go away... the abdominoplasty scar will take just as long and I fear looking like the bride of Frankenstein AND being off my workouts and such for long enough to recover (plus, I have 5 kids, the youngest of which is still under 3yrs so it's a lot of work)...

I'm now about 10 lbs from my ideal weight and I think with a bit more muscle and a bit less fat I can get rid of it now... I'm gonna keep trying.

But I will buy breasts. There's nothing that can be done about those :frown:
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a tummy tuck in March, so I say......... if you need it, want it, then do it. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Ok so for 18 months you've been hard at the gym/ exercise and have finally hit that ideal weight that you've always had in mnd and even achieved a size smaller than you ever thought possible. But theres one thing that is still not how you imagined it- THE STOMACH!......

I have had 3 children by 2 sections (twins 1 year ago) and all the above is me. I have finally hit my under 150lbs- '5ft 7 and the smallest I have ever been. But I have this 'pouch' as I call it that just does not look nice. It is the only thing I dont like about me, its visible through certain clothes sits over bikinis and just does not look pretty. I could continue to loose weight as its only excess weight/ fat right??- but I dont want to look to skinny. I like the fact I have shape, my boobs are small (this is a whole new issue) if I keep going what will be left.

SO surgery- would you consider??!!!!!

I have all of those same issues. I'm older so I have a lot of loose skin. I've decided I will not have surgery. I've talked to a very experienced coach who has had many clients do this and apparently it is all quite painful. At my age (almost 52) I've decided I don't want the time taken away from me to recover from various surgeries, time is too precious and I'd rather spend it on bike rides, running, at the gym, and doing outdoors activities with my loved ones. My husband is the only one who sees those parts of me and he is against it as well, he loves me as I am.

However, you must do what YOU need to do to be happy. Nothing wrong with it if it makes you happy. Just make sure you have given your skin time to adjust first.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. If I had a pooch from having kids so be it and I would be proud of it. It's nothing to be ashamed about.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    No, I wouldn't. If I had a pooch from having kids so be it and I would be proud of it. It's nothing to be ashamed about.

Not to be rude, but if you had a pooch from eating too much would you be proud of it too? I think not. Having multiples completely stretches out the skin on your stomach into something that looks similar to a shower curtain. It isn't a cute little bump, or whatever it is you are imagining is something to be proud of. It hurts to jog. It is uncomfortable in general. It can really mess with your self esteem. Especially if you have worked your butt off to lose all this extra weight and then you've got this skin, just hanging. I'm speaking from experience when I say this. Once I lose my weight and keep if off, if there is no progress with this stomach skin, then I too will seek medical help.
  • panamasammii
    panamasammii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I lose the weight and maintain it for a while and most importantly if i can AFFORD it!!! - YES YES YES!!!!!
  • ferb03
    Options

Not to be rude, but if you had a pooch from eating too much would you be proud of it too? I think not. Having multiples completely stretches out the skin on your stomach into something that looks similar to a shower curtain. It isn't a cute little bump, or whatever it is you are imagining is something to be proud of. It hurts to jog. It is uncomfortable in general. It can really mess with your self esteem. Especially if you have worked your butt off to lose all this extra weight and then you've got this skin, just hanging. I'm speaking from experience when I say this. Once I lose my weight and keep if off, if there is no progress with this stomach skin, then I too will seek medical help.

Well said!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    get the pouch from ur tummy and put it in ur boobs :D lol jk i would
  • melgunner
    Options
    I am a dental hygienist and people love to whiten their teeth I see no difference in cosmetic surgery. Humans have intelligent minds and need to be satisfied with the self if you want surgery to feel and look the best you imagine than there is nothing wrong with that. My suggestion is to get a consult and the surgeons will be able to help you out any way that you wish.

As for me I would have no problem getting a cosmetic surgery, I plan on getting a face lift as I get older. I know many people don't like facial surgery but if I want to have something done for me I will.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I Have Thought about it before.... But instead Why not do it yourself After you get surgery what do you have to do Eat les.. workout. Iv seen someone who got surgery their in the best shape of their life know but they cant eat very much... They have to eat little little things throughout the day.. Their stomach is not very big after they get the surgery. So yes i would consider if nothing els worked but i would say atleast try your best at everything before you get it because their are a lot of health risks ... and if you dont eat healthy and right and exercise you could get really sick. or you would gain the weight right back so Its a yes and no situation.

I am a really good eater the healthy lifestyle has been adapted into my avery day I have maintained under 145lbs for around 1.5/ 2 months and I am a workout olic- its always been a big hobby of mine, this is purely to reduce the skin, not the weight- I have done that all by myself over the last 18months and achieved the goal I sat out too reach. x
  • vichm
    Options
    get the pouch from ur tummy and put it in ur boobs :D lol jk i would

I was so considering both!! Lol.. :-)
  • vichm
    Options
    If you have the means to pay for it, Id say you worked your butt of and deserve it, go for it girl!

:-)
  • vichm
    Options
    I Have Thought about it before.... But instead Why not do it yourself After you get surgery what do you have to do Eat les.. workout. Iv seen someone who got surgery their in the best shape of their life know but they cant eat very much... They have to eat little little things throughout the day.. Their stomach is not very big after they get the surgery. So yes i would consider if nothing els worked but i would say atleast try your best at everything before you get it because their are a lot of health risks ... and if you dont eat healthy and right and exercise you could get really sick. or you would gain the weight right back so Its a yes and no situation.

the op is very clear, she is talking about plastic surgery to correct loose skin NOT bariatric surgery.

Thank you- so many people have miss read me?!!- I thought I was pretty clear..If i went in for a bypass there'd laught at me..I only just weigh 140lbs!
  • vichm
    Options
    Ugh! PLEASE READ THE OP, not just the title before responding. The OP is CLEARLY not talking about bariatric surgery.

THANK YOU :-)
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i would most definitely consider it. I want to love my body and i'm far from that point even after having lost almost 50lbs. If that nip and tuck was the final step to get there then heckaboo yes I'd do it