Shopping tomorrow... 100 calorie snack ideas??

Options
Tomorrow is grocery shopping day (boo). Anyone care to share their favorite snack ideas around 100 calories?

Replies

• karrathachick
    karrathachick Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Someone else on here gave me the suggestion of cottage cheese. I'm cutting up an apple and dipping the slices in - super delish, filling and you can keep the portion sizes under 100 cal if you keep to half a small apple etc. Just did my grocery shopping for the week- so good having it all done and healthy meals planned for the coming week!
  • healthystartgirl
    Options
    Bananas! I just love them so much :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    0002400057982_500X500.jpg

Del Monte No Sugar added Very cherry, 105 calories for the whole can.
  • riotshows
    Options
    Celery with light cream cheese, different flavours 20 - 35 per tbl spoon. Read the labels
    Bryers ice cream bars - fabulous 120 cal each
    Fudgicles 90 calories each
    popsicles 10 calories each

baked chips 90 calories for 20 and that surprisingly is enough
    Yogurts, puddings etc low calorie

Sugar free jello 20 calories a cup

Dilly dip light 20 calories a tblspoon awsome with veges.

Frozen grapes...great snack
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    ghk-pringles-light-potato-chips-mdn.jpg

70 calories per serving and tasty.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    2.JPG

110 calories per serving and it is a good sized serving, very tasty
  • ellajewson
    Options
    Well Naturally Double Choc protein bars. So yummy and so good for chocolate cravings!!
  • A bit more than 100 calories but healthy Graze boxes in the UK are amazing, at graze.com
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Nice thread!
  • karrathachick
    karrathachick Posts: 34 Member
    Options

These look fab! Will have to give them a try for sure!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    bars-90-calorie-chocolate-caramel-and-pretzel.png

I love these but be careful to drink plenty of water they can make you gassy.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    one serving of fruit
    small piece of cheese (one mini babybel is 70cals).
    bit of yogurt.
    about a small handful of nuts (cals depend on what kind of nut).
    one slice of whole wheat bread with a light topping, like light jam, slice of chicken or roast beef, light cream cheese etc.

I'm a big fan of snacks that haven't been processed (or at least have barely been processed) and that don't require any work.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Take 2 or 3 arrowroot bars, spread some cream cheese on them, then add a tiny bit of jam to each one. Tastes as delicious as a cheesecake and it is enough to curb any sugar cravings. Each one would be around 50-60 calories depending on how much cheese and jam you use and what kinds.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Take 2 or 3 arrowroot bars, spread some cream cheese on them, then add a tiny bit of jam to each one. Tastes as delicious as a cheesecake and it is enough to curb any sugar cravings. Each one would be around 50-60 calories depending on how much cheese and jam you use and what kinds.

Yum, that sounds amazing. Definitely going to try it.
  • shilden
    Options
    Sara Lee® Light & Dreamy Pound Cake is a reduced-fat alternative for health-conscious consumers. At 80 calories per serving, it’s made with 55% less fat than our Butter Pound Cake, but still loaded with great taste. Moist and delicious, it microwave thaws in 10 seconds per serving!
  • Reddancingwolf
    Options
    My secret is a cup of Jelly (the cubes that dissolve in water - not jam/jello ;) as I find it helps with my sugar cravings, but is extremely low calorie! Less than 40 kcal per serving.

I also saw an article in a beauty magazine, where the following are all 100 calories:-
    1x banana
    30x green grapes
    6x dried apricots (helps with the sweetness cravings!)
    14x almond nuts

If you have good self-restraint you can also have the following:-
    10x pringles
    25x jelly belly beans
    1x (25g) lightly salted popcorn

Goodluck!
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks,
    Celery sticks
    Pops chips (not baked or fried, popped, lol)
    Fiber one has some great 90 cal bars, Kellogs has some "breakfast" bars too.
    apples
    grapes
    nearly any fruits or vegetables you enjoy, just split them into "serving size" shortly after you get them so you can just grab one serving & know what you are eating.
    String cheese
    Oohh, Tillamok has little single serving pepper jack cheeses, soo good.
    an egg (boiled or whatever)
    Trail mix or nuts (again watch serving sizes)
  • bluebellkarma
    Options
    If youre in the UK, try Kallo Corn Cakes - they're like rice cakes except much yummier - like a biscuit made from popcorn - they're really filling and only 25 calories each! You can get them in Waitrose.
  • Pheeia666
    Options
    97% Cottage cheese and rice crackers with spring onion chooped into the cottage cheese