Repairing your broken furnace (Metabolism)

Options

Replies

• Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • b1essed
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • gina441
    gina441 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Excellent information.:smile:
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just try to not let myself get too hungry, that's how I gained weight in the first place. I would not eat all day because I was working all day and then be so starving I would eat EVERYTHING I could get my hands on as quick as I could before my next job started!!! Now I've calmed my life down and am getting my diet under control. I can't imagine having to think about all of the things mentioned here but I practice some of them daily :). Good read.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    First of all, who is Terry Christian? I can't believe all of the hoopla in this forum over an article by some unknown that is full of unreferenced claims. Starvation after 5-6 hours? That has been proven false. Aerobic exercise....even running a couple miles will catabolize muscle? GMAFB. Come on people, there are hundreds of posters on this forum that have proven these claims false. I can't believe everyone's overlooking these red flags in hopes of "restoking their metabolic furnace".

Thank you. I was beginning to fear I was the only one. Also, eating carbs in the AM and fats at night. Or totally misrepresenting Atkins (or any other controlled carb eating plan, for that matter) as there is no such thing as zero-carb eating. It speaks to a lack of understanding of macro-nutrients, that's for sure.

There are some good tips in the article but certainly not all. Who is this guy anyway?
  • MrsAchu76
    Options
    bump
  • Jbdworm5
    Options
    :)
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bumping 2 read later,Thanks!
  • christine_lisel
    Options
    Added to favourites and def gonna read later;)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I was getting ready to shoot this down and mock 'Terry Christian' because I remember that name as a woeful male TV presenter in the UK in the 90s but then I actually read it.

And it makes much sense.

Fix the fire then worry about the fuel ...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    So much fail.

Move more eat less....why oh why do you want to make something really hard (losing weight) even more complicated?
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ali2004
    Options
    its great...thanx for sharing :)
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am going to read the rest of this later, but I have my doubts about how accurate the article will be when it refers to Adkins as a zero carb diet.
  • vrhoey
    Options
    I like some of the information here, but I don't agree about the exercise section. Thanks for sharing.
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is the meaning of ...Bump...