5'1 ladies what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 105 and 110 - 110 is optimal because the idea is to have some muscle. My bone structure is "tiny" and I have a connective tissue syndrome and deteriorating joints. The whole focus is to get weight off, tone muscle as much as possible, and hopefully buy some more time to be active. Working with a doc and a trainer.

I am 55.
  • mslainie
    Options
    I am 5"2" age 51, with a goal of 136 as well!
  • Switzer12
    Switzer12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also 5'1", but am about 20 years older than you. My healthy BMI puts me in the 132 range. That is my goal. I have about 12 lbs to lose to get there. But they are hard ones, though, as I have a sweet tooth and have to be careful every day.
  • nainerd
    nainerd Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1", 28 years old, with a goal weight of 120 by May 2013.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi There...am 5 foot 1 and aged 41...my goal weight is 136...purely because that is top of scale for health...I'd actually be happy at 140 - am curvy and I like it...also don't want it to show in my face....
  • mother4noah
    Options
    I am 44, 5'2 tall, and my goal is 125-130. I currently weigh 147. I truly think this is a personal goal for each of us, depending on body structure, family lifestyle, and personal health. Some of us look great at 110, while others look like we are starving ourselves at 110. Discuss your goal with your doctor, and listen to your body.
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and am shooting for 108-110lbs. I don't have too far to go, so mainly I'm working on toning. I decided on my goal weight based on what weight I would be if I had the same lean body mass and around 20% body fat.
  • tacklethis
    Options
    Hi I'm 48. My current weight is 114.6 My goal is 108. I started at 120.
  • Hi,
    I am 5'1 and my goal weight is 120.
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have an initial goal weight of 140 -- which I haven't been in YEARS. I'm almost there! :D My ultimate goal weight is 120. But honestly, I'd just like to be toned and healthy.
  • lolobi1
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 123lbs age 41...would love to hit 120 and stay there...but overall I'm content with being healthy and toned :-)
  • Dame_Venus
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My goal weight is 130 but I'll take it ten pounds at a time and if I find myself happy and healthy beforehand I won't worry about it too much but 130 sounds pretty ideal for me.
  • wkrul
    Options
    I am 65 years, 5'. I don't really have a goal. I want to try 10 lbs and when I reach that another 10 lbs and so on. Since I started I lost 3 lbs. I hope I can keep on doing this. I also exercise 5 times per week, 3x per week aquafitness and started last week 2x per week low impact aerobics. I am diabetic and can really lose some pounds. Had hip replacement 6 months ago.
  • goodladi
    goodladi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'1" 60 YOA goal weight 125 or better:)
  • Lezipper
    Lezipper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi your height and weight is a little lower than mine 5' started 184 and 57 years old. I loseon average less than 1 pound a week, eating 1200 -1300 cal a day.I have lost weight so many time and gained and as I get older it redistributes. I lower my expectation every time due to age and other factors. Now I am have a problem with me feet so exericie is sort of out. The charts are ridicuous for height , weight. Weight Watcher is about the most fair because they take age into consideration. if I weighed tohe top at 126 at my age everyone will thnk I have cancer, it's not me. I would love to 138-142 but to keep it off , the calorie in take and exercise it not realistic for me. I would be proud if I lost enought to put me in the 150s and hopefull out of the plus sizes and into the petites. Good luck to you.Weight Watchers told me if I don't want to stick to theri goal ( even though I am a lifetime member ) I need a doctor's note. that was the end of our relationship. I would love to hear about your journey.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight right now is 150. I haven't weighed that little since I was about 13 (I'm 40 now), so even that goal feels unrealistic to me lol, but I have less than 30 pounds to go now to reach it. :) Honestly, I'd even be happy to stay where I am now, if it came down to that, because I feel so much better than I did before...
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 as well, will be 40 in November. I originally set my goal at 135, but changed it to 130. The top of the recommended weight for me is 132. But I'll decide based on how that weight feels as I get closer. I still have about 25 to lose. Good luck to you!
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My goal weight (5'1 220lbs right now), is 130. It says I should aim more for like 115-118, but I know I will be happy at 130 :)
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my original goal weight is 140. I set that with my doctor at the beginning of the year knowing that it was still in the "overweight" range. I'm only 12ish lbs away from that goal so I'm going to aim for 130ish next. But at that point I want to shift my focus from losing weight to gaining muscle mass. (I'm slowly working towards that now.)
  • Nina1007
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and will be 30 years old in October. I'm 160 lbs now and my goal weight is 120. But I want obvious muscle definition 2. Not big muscley muscles but u kno what I mean.