Step away from the Nutella

Options
13»

Replies

• ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    LOVE NUTELLA!!! and the kids do to so its very hard not to have it around... But I have found that actually grabbing the Tablespoon measuring spoon and measuring out 8 oz of milk taking time savoring both fill me up and satisfy me :) Good luck and be sure to let up know what helps :)
  • courtneybusdeker
    Options
    i love nutella too...anyone ever try coconut butter? its super expensive but looks delish!!!
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I need help stepping away from the Nutella jar. I started my "healthy" life style on Feb 20, 2012. At that time I was known to eat peanut butter by the spoons full, 1000+ calories a day. I gave it up completely. In July I started to allow myself peanut butter once a week. Last week I tasted Nutella and now I'm eating it by the spoons full.

Why can’t I get past this? I know it's not good for me and is going to hurt my weight loss. What to do? Has anybody else experienced this? :noway:

I have heard the suggestion of putting this in the freezer...then, when you want it you will have to thaw it and measure out exactly the amount you plan on eating. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Damn, Nutella is that good, then I got to try it!!

Dont' do it!! lol
  • blondie0942
    blondie0942 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Also, the cool kids in school always got the little snack packs while I didn't. So now I'm an adult I EAT ALL THE THINGS! Bahaha.

Hahaha, story of my life! I wasn't allowed fast food as a kid and when I moved out of my parents' house that's all I ate for months :laugh:

I love nutella on whole wheat bread. sooooo good. I just keep it out of sight most of the time, so I don't eat it all in one sitting! :wink:
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think the snack packs may be the best idea. Or portioning out the jar as soon as you get it home.
  • nis75p06
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a tablespoon of Nutella on a multi-grain something (english muffin, toaster waffle, bread, whatever). When the bread is hot, the nutella gets all melt-y and a tablespoon is plenty!

I got my nieces eating nutella on wheat too - they all love it. Their mother hates the taste and won't buy it, so I keep an unopened jar in the pantry for them to smuggle home whenever they come over!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Eating a whole jar of nutella is gluttony. Best not to have it in the house, if you can't control yourself.

I have been eating it recently, at 1 tsp on a slice of rye. That gets the craving for sweets out of the way.

My husband is a great help when things get out of control. I will ask him to hide the offending substance, and he doles it out to me on request (calorie-controlled request). After much pleading on my part.

The only drawback: sometimes he eats it before I do.
  • DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i've been wanting to try it, but have been slow to because so many people say it's so good and i don't want to start up yet another thing that's going to be a negative for me. however, i do have one tablespoon of peanut butter on toast 2 - 3 times a week if i have toast. so, i think i'd be okay with nutella. i clipped a $1 coupon from the paper AND it's on sale at my local grocery store. so, i may give it a whirl. if it gets to be a problem, i'll leave it out at work and it'll be gone in no time. i think it's good to not buy it or buy a smaller amount. also, try filling up on other things. fruit, veggies, water, etc and then have one or just a half serving of nutella.
  • moniraq
    moniraq Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think this post is a testament to how many people love Nutella!

I'm not addicted to it but I sure like it. Like other people have posted, I think if you stick to the single serving packages, you should be ok. They're a little more than 2T if I remember correctly but it's better than eating half the jar!

Good luck!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love nutella but now im hooked on peanutbutter&co dark chocolate dreams you can find it at just about any store i love this stuff. Its gluten free no trans fats or cholesterol. 2 tbsp is 170 calories.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I signed on this morning, after a nutella binge last night and saw this post. I grew up on it, and while I can control it most times, I can't always control it. So, it's gone. No more nutella in the house. Well, I ate the last one last night. I tried buying the small packs, but the Nutella & Go pack has 270 calories. That's a lot for a tiny snack like that. Maybe buy the smaller individual ones? The little ones have about 100 calories. For me, those just make it worse. They're too small. You start, and you can't stop. Maybe buy those and freeze them? Take one out at a time? Or, just get rid of it. Losing weight will feel a lot better than the nutella will ever taste. Thanks for the post. Clearly, we're not alone.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Why can’t I get past this? I know it's not good for me and is going to hurt my weight loss. What to do? Has anybody else experienced this? :noway:
    I guess the way to get past it is read the ingredients again. You'll find that it's full of yummy hazelnuts!, but on the flip side, sugar and palm oil. Peanut butter doesn't have this--o.k. o.k., regular whole PB doesn't have the added stuff. So, it's really fatty/baddy.
    I've taken things like this to work and let other people eat it. That way it's out of sight, out of mind and I'm not wasting it.
  • alibearo
    alibearo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After many times of buying and failing with nutella, I too had to stop. Everytime I would go to the grocery store and tell myself, "I'll only eat a tablespoon at a time, it'll be a nice treat"... Well, I'd eat the whole jar that night. I did this time and again until I finally resolved that unfortunately I just cannot have it in the house.

I have PB2 and chocolate PB2, and though they are not nearly the same thing, they fill a partial craving.