Replacing fat with muscle so don't worry about numbers!

Options
I used to just look at numbers on the scale until recently. I noticed my clothes fit differently because my sleeves were tighter and waist in my pants were looser. I realized that the scale isn't the only tool to check your progress. The weight training is making a difference in body compostion and quite franky is boosting my metabolism and testosterone!! :smile: I know muscle weighs more than fat, plus burns more calories at rest. For those not weight training it might be a good idea to do some. It has helped me a great deal!

Replies

• DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So true. This past couple of weeks I've been doing the 30 Day Shred, and have not lost one single gram, but I have lost lots of centimeters so far. It got me down whenever I weighed and didn't see a shift on the scale, so I decided for the month of September, no more weighing, only measuring.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, it's simply more dense. A pound is a pound is a pound. With that being said, its awesome that you're seeing progress. Keep up the great job!