What's everyone's thoughts on 5 HOUR ENERGY ?

Options
I've never had it before.

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Its effectively a caffeine pill, a B-complex pill, and a multivitamin in liquid form. If you have issues with caffeine then don't do it.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It is caffeine, artificial sugar (sucralose aka Splenda) and vitamins. Skip it and have a cup of coffee- it's cheaper.
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like it and it works for me sometimes. only the extra strength though.

I like the effectiveness not the taste.
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i hate it, it makes my head feel cloudy. are you wanting to use it throughout your day or powering through a workout?
  • Kjhill83
    Options
    Caffeine is a crutch.
  • cj12141
    Options
    I fully agree. Caffeine is a crutch. It's one thing to enjoy it from time to time, but if you're one of those people that's not "awake" in the mornings till they've had their blessed coffee, forget that. :/
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    For $3 I can get a couple of cups of coffee.........or make about 4 pots at home. Based on what I've read of energy drinks in general I'll give them a pass........
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My dad and brother think it's great. Personally, I think it sucks. I like Korean ginseng a lot better. But you can't hardly get good energy drinks these days. The market is flooded with high sugar/high caffeine crap. :ohwell:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Oh man the one time I tried it (I did half the bottle like it said) my face got SUPER red (I forget what that side effect is called) and my heart rate accelerated a ton. I cut caffeine when I started eating better so I think it was a shock to my system. It was scary though. Not for me.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i've had it once and it made me feel very restless and anxious. i hated it.

you might as well take a double dose diet pill. its essentially the same thing.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. It tasted like chemicals and did nothing for me. Total waste of money.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Never had it! I am a redbull girl :drinker:
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would avoid it! I work in a family practice office and I see what they do to people- crazy blood pressures and heart rates! NO THANKS!
  • KiKi429
    KiKi429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i love it!!!!! i use it if i miss my coffee stop in the am or when i am getting ready for a tough workout... It makes me feel brand new sometimes.. i find it quicker acting and way more potent than my morning coffee :)
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    Oh man the one time I tried it (I did half the bottle like it said) my face got SUPER red (I forget what that side effect is called) and my heart rate accelerated a ton. I cut caffeine when I started eating better so I think it was a shock to my system. It was scary though. Not for me.

ya that happened to my friend when she drank it or one like it.. It's from all the niacin in it
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Never had it and never will.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    73% of doctors would recommend a low calorie energy supplement to their patients.....If they said it on tv it has to be true!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    i hate it, it makes my head feel cloudy. are you wanting to use it throughout your day or powering through a workout?

This was my reaction to it, as well. I didn't have the "crash" like sometimes do with coffee, but I had a hard time focusing.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Great for occasional use. They work great! Don't take it within 8-10 hours of your bedtime or you will not be able to sleep. Also, stay away from the Extra Strength one.. I was reeling for waaayyy too long after taking it.
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    i love it!!!!! i use it if i miss my coffee stop in the am or when i am getting ready for a tough workout... It makes me feel brand new sometimes.. i find it quicker acting and way more potent than my morning coffee :)

thats me and my redbull