Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 pounds by 12/21. More would be great!
  • cherylkf
    Options
    Okay, I'm in...my goal is to be down one pant size. Good luck all! :tongue: Thanks for suggesting this.
  • namaste
    namaste Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm so in need of a kick in the pants. Been feeling very discouraged lately. The first week I dropped 3-4 lbs, but I've been holding steady now for several weeks.

I'm in a wedding just after Thanksgiving, and I'm going skiing in Colorado the first week in December. So alright, here goes. At 167 now, so I would like to be at 160 by Thanksgiving, and 150 by Christmas. I'm going to try for more than that, but just this would be a great start.

Thanks for all the encouragement I've gotten just from reading other people's posts. It really has helped me realize that it is a constant struggle, but that though I may lose some battles I can still win the war. Thanks guys!

-Angela
  • janieF
    janieF Posts: 17
    Options
    I was actually just thinking about this. And how hard it is going to be around the holidays... my family isn't so bad, but my boyfriend's family is always encouraging you to EAT EAT! on the holidays... I logged my food for today, and if every day is like today, I will lose 9 pounds by december 11. So count me in on the challenge, i hope to lose 15!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Going to Ireland on December 29th so need to lose another 12 by Christmas!!
    That will be a total of 25. Yahoo!!
  • bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My Christmas goal is going to be 20 lbs. I'm at 300 now so 280 by Christmas, and hopefully lower.
  • sherielf
    Options
    OK, I'm in - I will weight 149 by December 21,2007!

Scary!
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    what's everyone's progress so far? I'm down 5.4 lbs already!
  • kacarlotto
    Options
    Hi, I just joined my fitness pal today. I'm ging for broke and making my first goal to lose 10lbs.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

I've passed my goal by a pound.
    Would like to lose about 5 more pounds since Turkey day is coming.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options

I have lost 1 pound. I am 2.6 pounds from my goal.
  • chelc8807
    Options
    15 lbs. by christmas!...but hopefully more. I'm at 158 now(lost 2 lbs so far!), so hopefully I'll be 143 by Christmas, and my goal weight is between 125-130. The sooner it comes off the better but im shooting for february.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2.5 pounds since I join this challenge on the 7th! I have 7.5 more to go by the 21st!
  • jdaniels
    Options
    I am in. I will say 10 pounds by Christmas. I only weigh once a month so I will weigh on the 21st of Nov and give an update. I started at 211 on Oct 21st.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this except I don't know how much I weigh, so I can't give a goal, but I can give what I would like to be by then, and that is 200 lbs or less.

:laugh: yeah I'm with ya there banks, I don't know what to put down for christmas. I know:tongue: getting on the scale can be my christmas present to myself:tongue: yeah and about the belt, banks thats my next purchase. I simply can't keep using the old one as I would have to put holes in it now. That's how I know this is working for me. Yea I get to go shopping.:bigsmile:
  • sherielf
    Options
    I have dropped .6 lbs which is great considering the weekend I had!!

7more to go by Dec. 21/07!

:smile:
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    my goal is 15 lbs total....
    So by Dec 21.... I want to have lost 10lbs AT LEAST if not the whole amount!
    aarrggg Christmas goodies..... :devil:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Count me in too! I just started all of this yesterday but I am going to set my goal at 12 pounds by Christmas Eve! That puts me back to where I was this time last year and a fresh start by New Year's!

Good luck to everyone else! It's a hard battle but remember it's a war you can win! :drinker:
  • MsSandyE28
    MsSandyE28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been so discouraged. This may help! I want to be 190 by Christmas. This will be my present to myself. It's only 10 pounds, but I've been having trouble sticking to the excersize. The eating part is actually easy for me... well the lack of. LOL. Anyway, 190, I'm in!
  • playinwfire
    Options
    ok I'm 153 today the 16 of November I want to be 145 by 21 of december!!! I'm in! I'm not setting a big goals for me... little by little it's easier and healthier!

Thanks you for the motivation