cjb8900 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Woah!! amazing!
  • DenisePenland
    Options
    Wow u look so great now!
  • chiselle
    Options
    Gosh, I've read you story beginning to end and I'm utterly speechless. Amazing transformation!! I've also starting lifting with free weights this year and I find it much better than cardio, rowing, treadmills etc Loved your shares about listening to your body as my appetite is fluctuating from day to day due to the workouts and I've been trying to adhere to the calories set out by MFP. Now I will take on to eat only when I'm truly hungry.

Thanks again and your pictures are incredible. Like another woman reader here, I want to look like you.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    bump
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing
  • thorpy6
    Options
    seriously inspiring, what an amazing transformation!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You are right, you can become strong and healthy by doing ANY Consistent Exercise and Eating properly. You look good at 51 yrs old. but it took you MANY years to get where you are...trial and error. YOU ARE a-typical and frankly, I'm glad. You can also achieve better results via Pilates, Yoga... and for SURE these can be done for LIFE with NO Negative side effects. But you are evidence that CONSISTENCY of Routine is what is Important, NOT Extreme measures, whether eating or Exercise, its about consistency and constancy. That is why Moderation is so important; some poor chick out there will try weight lifting heavy weights for 6-12 months and don't look like you and get disappointed and quit...maybe even damaging herself (joints)...instead she should just lift or do cardio in Moderation, something that can be carried into older age where GOOD HEALTH is Valued, not just "looking good." If you can't SUSTAIN a Routine and Eating Plan older age will be a Challenge.

I agree about eating less; there is evidence that now shows that less calories are more healthy for us. Eating/Digestion IS the Aging process, so any relief we can give it will help us age less (Aging Well is about how you FEEL, Mobility, Activity Level and less pain and disease) as You grow older. Dr. Fuhrman ( The Immunity Solution; and Eat To Live) explains it better in his books. He recommends that women eat between 1400-1800 per day max.

Anyway, some people will always follow some FAD out there (Extreme Running, Lifting Heavy, 30 Shred, PX90...) and it lasts for a short time and they burn out and ACTUALLY Harm their Joints, then rest up and start a NEW FAD, and by the time they are 40-50 y.o. are bumbed out, over weight, HURTING PHYSICALLY and Emotionally, and wondering where it all went wrong. I've learned that if what you are doing is not sustainable for Life (with a little tweeking as you age) then it is NO Good and unhealthy.
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Bump to re-read later, cause I want this!
  • zeebaby90
    Options
    wow such an inspiration!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    wow. Just wow. You look better than the majority of 18-20+ year olds.
  • okiesarah
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. My little girl was sitting here with me reading your story and she asked me if you had a husband. I said, "I don't know, why" and then she said, "well she will not have a hard time finding one if she doesn't." Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I get in that "I am too old or too out of shape mindset almost every other day" so it is good to see what you have done.

Sarah
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. My little girl was sitting here with me reading your story and she asked me if you had a husband. I said, "I don't know, why" and then she said, "well she will not have a hard time finding one if she doesn't." Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I get in that "I am too old or too out of shape mindset almost every other day" so it is good to see what you have done.

Sarah

Oh Sarah that is so CUTE. :) hehehe Yes I'm happily married for 23 years and I can tell you that my husband plays a HUGE role in my success so we are both happy, mainly because I'm healthier now.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Anyway, some people will always follow some FAD out there (Extreme Running, Lifting Heavy, 30 Shred, PX90...) and it lasts for a short time and they burn out and ACTUALLY Harm their Joints, then rest up and start a NEW FAD, and by the time they are 40-50 y.o. are bumbed out, over weight, HURTING PHYSICALLY and Emotionally, and wondering where it all went wrong. I've learned that if what you are doing is not sustainable for Life (with a little tweeking as you age) then it is NO Good and unhealthy.

So true. What I have done is sustainable for me. The program I did does start with beginners though and is not a crazy fad, lots of girls start out doing what is the correct weight for them using dumbbells. Because of my previous experience it didn't take me long to switch to an Oly bar where others stay with smaller dumb bells (nothing wrong with that!), but I still do lots of dumb bell exercises for the small muscle groups, and I believe it was getting away from ALL heavy lifting that helped me, and that is something almost anyone can do. It's not a harmful or extreme workout and is designed for all levels. And I believe there are probably other workouts designed for women that are not too crazy either.
  • summi2011
    summi2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your story. I'm truly inspired, I can try to put some of your tips into practice. You look amazing.
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    INSPIRATIONAL!!!!! AMAZING!!! OUTSTANDING !!! #MOTIVATION!!!! WOW SPEECHLESS IN AWE!!!
  • arraby01
    arraby01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, such an inspiring story!!
  • secz
    secz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great. I really needed to read this. I am 50 and just started over TODAY. Your st:happy: ory was just what I needed THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!