Jillian Michaels "30-Day Shred"

2»

Replies

• Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    I put a BIG FAT "X" on the calendar for each day I complete. I can't wait to see my full month of September with an "X" on every day!!!!

Great idea! I'm gonna do that!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Love this idea of the big X on the calendar. I just started the 30DS. I found the full DVD on youtube. All 3 levels are there so I got started instead of waiting to order. It wasn't all that hard really. The only problem I had was the pushups because I have broken my wrist a couple times, torn ligaments and RA in that one wrist alone. So I get a few pushups done and then have to go down onto forearms. Looks weird and don't get much of a push up going. Is it ok to do that? Use elbows to do pushups I mean? Its just too painful to even put my hand in a fist and pushup. Any other way to do a pushup where your not using your hands or putting weight onto your hand/wrist area?
  • One week done.....7 days! Still going! I am praying to get some great results from this work out. I will measure again at end of 30 days.
  • sundaymiller86
    sundaymiller86 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm currently on day 15 of 30DS and as of this morning I have lost 6.4 lbs and just under 14". I've definitely found it helpful, and I'm a big girl too. If you decide to do it definitely take measurements as you will be adding a good bit of muscle, so the scale probably won't be the best indicator of the results youre getting.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I loved doing the 30DS at home, it was great. I had to stop because I fell pregnant so I didn't really end up getting to see my results. I am eagerly awaiting the all clear from the Doc to be able to start again. YAY.

Have fun, I hope you like it & get results :flowerforyou:
  • I just started it and I gained 2 and it's making me panic (I am at my goal weight even with 2 pound weight gain but I don't want to gain MORE, ykwim?) I think stepping off the scale might be worthwhile for me until i am done. Plus, even if I gained 5, if I looked more toned, who cares, yk?
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    I started 30 Day Shred on September 1st. I took before pictures in January when my new years resolution started since then I have been exercising 4-6 times a week...It's pretty much 6 days per week. So far I have lost 12 pounds. I only have 4 more pounds to reach my goal, so I decided to try 30 Day Shred to see if there is some extra results my next measurement and weigh in. Week 1 I did Jillian Michaels Level 1 and 75 minute elliptical every day. Week 2 my Fit camps started again they are every Monday Wednesdays and Fridays and I would do 75 minute elliptical as well, then on my days off of Fit Camp it was J-Mic Level 2 and 75 minute elliptical. Week 3 I will be doing Level 2 again and the same pattern. Then I will be taking an extra week with the 30DS and doing Level 3 for two more weeks. Feel free to add me and I will let you know how this turns out for me!
  • I am on day 4 of the shred and I am suuuper sore, I haven't been on the scale in 4 days so we will see what happens. I did take before photo's tho :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    My 30 day shred is in the mail. I plan on taking measurements and weighing. I'm excited to get started!!
  • BUMP for future reference (: This is interesting!
  • OK 2 weeks done! YEAH! How is everyone else doing? I find that Level 2 is getting harder not easier. I am on day 16. I am feeling it in back and legs.
  • I put a BIG FAT "X" on the calendar for each day I complete. I can't wait to see my full month of September with an "X" on every day!!!!

Great idea! I'm gonna do that!

I put a sticker in my day timer each time I work out. Corny, I know. But I love flipping the pages and seeing all the stickers!!