Damn you pee!

Options
13»

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    its the price you pay for optimal hydration!!
  • jmefierce
    Options
    You're drinking too much fluid.

I personally don't subscribe to the "you must drink (insert number) cups/ounces/litres of water a day" movement. Our bodies are well designed to signal to us if we are dehydrated. There is no need to "flush out" "toxins" with lots of water - our bodies also do that perfectly well.

I agree with this but don't think most people are independent enough or attuned enough to their bodies to understand their individual needs.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I personally don't subscribe to the "you must drink (insert number) cups/ounces/litres of water a day" movement. Our bodies are well designed to signal to us if we are dehydrated. There is no need to "flush out" "toxins" with lots of water - our bodies also do that perfectly well.

THIS!!!! stop listening to conventional wisdom and listen to your body! This is NOT optimal hydration.. it is over hydration. Start researching....
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN! :grumble:
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    I too end up running to the bathroom at least 2-3 times a night. But i guess I would rather be doing that and to have optimized hydration.

Ive felt such a difference since i cut out soda, sweet tea and other drinks from my daily eating plans.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    could be diabetes get ur blood sugar levels and HbA1c checked
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    haha...I hear that! I used to never wake up 2 pee and now I get up 2 times per night. It's doing us good though! And I've been type one diabetic almost 27 years...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I drink water...lots of water, I love water! I drink quite a bit and I too used to have to go a lot, but then my body adjusted to it. At most I might need to get up once a night now.

From the boards it sounds like some of us are lucky and get accustomed to drinking a lot of it and it doesn't effect us that way anymore and others they need to pee constantly. :grumble:

I feel for you, all of you, really I do, before my body adjusted it drove me crazy! But I've been a water drinker for a long time now and it's all I drink other than occasionally hot tea.

Give it some time and hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones too!:wink::tongue:

Otherwise seems like you're getting some good tips that might help you out on this thread.:drinker:
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Except....if your body is signalling you that you are thirsty then you are already dehydrated too far and your body is actually panicking about it...its a fight or flight response.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was lying in bed this morning at 5.30 thinking the same thing!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    At least we all wake up first....be happy about that! :laugh:
    25r30wi.gif

Well now that's an assumption! :tongue: But hopefully we all have part down... :smokin:

You made my morning, I laughed out loud at your post, thanks for that!:laugh:
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well first good for you for drinking as I have such a hard time. Maybe trying to drink it earlier would help some. Sooo frustrating!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Meh. I have a bladder the size of a peanut. Makes no difference to me when I drink. I have gotten up at least 3 or 4 times every night to pee for as long as I can remember so nothing has changed. I am actually hoping that losing some weight 'might' allow me to sleep better - since this is the conventional wisdom it seems.

When I was younger my doctor told me not to drink anything after dinner time (didn't work for me but it might for you)
    Good luck!
  • gsi163866
    Options
    I've actually been going online to find out reasons as to why this is happening to me!! I'm glad I can find comfort in knowing you all are having the same problem. :-)

For me, I drink a lot because it helps me from getting hungry throughout the day. I've also changed my diet to strictly whole foods and a lot of fruits and veggies, which makes me pee even more!! But they say that a lot of the fat that you're losing is expelled through your pee (so they say), so now i'm kind of happy when I have to pee.lol

At night, I'm peeing 3-4 times a night easy and it's so frustrating because sleeping is extremely important when your dieting and are on a workout regimen. BOOO....i guess whatever it takes to reach my goal!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I went through MONTHS of this. didnt matter how early in the evening I stopped drinking I still woke up every night, sometimes twice. Its only literally stopped the last few weeks so I guess my body has finally got used to it :)
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    when i first started drinking a lot of water i was getting up 3 or 4 times a night..as time goes on i dont get up as much..but during the day i pee like every hour sometimes more depending if I get cold or not.
    Agreed here.....this happened to me at the beginning too.....I typically aim for half my body weight, in fluid ounces, of water to consume throughout the day.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Don't drink too much a couple of hours before bed time.

Yeah. I can't really afford to get up in the middle of the night to pee because I find it really hard to get back to sleep once my sleep's been interrupted.

Same. Sucks, doesn't it? :(
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I drink 8 or 9 bottles (16oz) of water a day from the time I wake up at 2...230am til I go to bed at 9pm and have never had that trouble. But then again..........I dont sleep much. I do think it's important to drink a lot.........being diabetic it helps a lot too.

Stand Strong and do what works for YOU!!!
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Even these past 2 weeks or so that I've been "off" my diet and not drinking water, im up 2-3 times a night going to the bathroom, I feel like I'm pregnant again peeing all the time.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, I hate this too. It's why I'm awake and posting now in fact.