Big Boob Problems

Options
Hi I'm New. Name: Amanda, age 22
I am about 5'4, 205 lbs, size 15/16 jeans, bra size 38DDD (which could be wrong)

I find it very difficult to do workouts, between running (HA! not happening), situps, and just the constant back pain working out always feel quite painful. I'm looking for advice on the matter. Hopefully my taking weight loss / working out more seriously I can go down a few cup sizes to avoid a future procedure.

Was just wondering if anyone would have any advice, insight on the matter or someone who understands my pain... literally! :ohwell:

Follow my tumblr : http://polkadotbikini2k13.tumblr.com/

Replies

• trisha671
    Options
    Hey, Welcome to MFP! I had the same issue, I am a 36DDD and often found it difficult to find the right size bra's. I use to double my bra's in order to work out properly until underwire started to be a pain. My solution was to order really good sports bra's on amazon. Best sports bras I've ever had. Very comfortable, affordable and most importantly painless! Yes you will find your size, and you will be able to run, hop, skip and jump :-)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    DDPYoga, great cardio/body strength workout with no bouncy boobs, and like she ^ said, invest in a nice (real) sports bra.
  • missjojo76
    Options
    I have the same problem, it had put me off exercise for a long time, now I have taken up jogging, at fist by wearing 2 bras which was ok, but I would recommend getting properly fitted, and finding the right bra. You will be able to do anything when properly supported, it will also help eliminate any back pain you might experience, and properly fitted bras make your boobs look smaller!!! Good luck and enjoy working out!! :-)
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A really good sports bra will do it! Don't invest in too many though, wash them frequently instead, because your boobs will shrink as you lose weight, and you will most likely need to buy new ones several times before you reach your goal weight.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes i never liked doing sports because of my boobs i am a 12E/F. Anything where you had to jump is very uncomfortable. i have gone down a cup size with some weight loss. all i can suggest is to invest in a good sports bra.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    hey...i did a post on this last night and sounds like shock absorber sports a bra are miracles...ordered mine last night ! x
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i don't know if anybody else does this...but i wear an old wire bra under my sports bra, or i wear two sports bras. i find that it keeps me locked and loaded. but you should also try some lower impact cardio, try the elliptical (less bouncing than when you run), swimming or just plain old walking. when lost weight, my boobs were first to go, then everything else just became easier. start off with that, then go for the harder stuff when they hurt less. also...i can't really think of any weight lifting exercises that big breast-icles would hinder. so you should weight lift your heart out!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    YEP, 2 bras. it's the way forward. and if you can find a bra with the clasp on the straps at the back, even better (you hook the straps higher up too for more security). then i wear a crop top over that, in a size too small for extra squishing. then i often wear a tight singlet over that, then i put on my running top. seems like a lot of hassle, but so much better than discomfort, jiggling or unfortunate chafing.

are you genuinely here for support, or do you just want people to follow your twitter thing whatever-it-is?
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    YEP, 2 bras. it's the way forward.

two bras make me feel suffocated ! struggle to breath properly ! haha
  • amcmullan
    amcmullan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, but 2 sports bras or 1 really good one usually does the trick! :)
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Strap them bad girls down with sports bras and tape!:laugh: Then do a lot of push ups and arm presses, puts muscle in the cushion, tones and tightens a little so they behave as ladies should!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Get yourself sized asap-when my back kills me when my regular bras get to big and that's without exercising.

For about $40 or less you can get the Glamorise Adjustable bounce control support bra. I started wearing one when I was a 40 G and was jogging. Now I'm a 34F and am still buying this sports bra. I agree with only buying one or two and just washing them.

You should also be fitted for a bra every ten pounds lost.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good running bras that essentially use compression, wide straps, and good design to solve your problem. They can be expensive but you can just buy one and wear it for workout and change afterwards.

Any sporting good or running shop will have them. Try it on and don't go for looks. Ones that work well for really big busted women are not gorgeous and will make you look way flatter. But they do work.

Don't get stretch straps.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    38G, feel your pain! Get the best sports bra you can, and try intervall training which incorperates regular breaks <3
  • anamy90
    Options
    I'm a 38F. Only thing really is to lose the weight and invest in a very good sports bra. They're a curse and a blessing. Wouldn't change them for the world though, i love my boobs haha.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues for running I have a very good restrictive sports bra, we wouldnt want 2 black eyes now would we. As for laying on your back try rolling a towel underneath your butt cheeks.
  • deedeehopes
    deedeehopes Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not only should you invest in a good sport's bra, I think you should try doing some strength training for your back!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have big boobs! I use Moving Comfort and love them. They are a bit pricey but so worth it!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    99 problems and boobs aint one!

Ok, that made me laugh!!!
  • KandyF
    KandyF Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes a high-impact sports bra that has clasps in the back (not the pull over kind) and wide, padded adjustible shoulder straps. Go to a good foundations department and get measured. You can order Moving Comfort through a local running store (who should let you return if it turns out to be the wrong size, measuring only goes so far), or Amazon. I *think* the model is "Fiona." It is important to get the high-impact type, though, the compression it provides minimizes or prevents bounce.

I have no connection to Moving Comfort -- other than that I love my bra. Before I got it, I had moderate success with a low impact bra under a compression shirt, but I like the bra better.