Small, Medium or Large...frame size?

Options
2»

Replies

• creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bump to check out the calculators later.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am also confused by this. I have read the wrist size guidelines, but my wrist size changes with the amount of weight I am carrying.

I believe I was once able to overlap my fingers just a bit around my wrist, but I was about 10. :tongue:

I know my fingers were able to touch at some point in adulthood, so I am going with "medium."

I could have written this...lol. My wrist also changes with the amount of weight I am carrying. Currently, they touch, so apparently I'd be a "medium" frame.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about frame size, just keep track of your body fat percentage and how you look in the mirror as you progress, and you will see what your ideal weight is once you have your body looking the way you want it to look.
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My wrists are MASSIVE....
    They always have been, I have a 3" gap between my finger and thumb and i can feel the bone right there just under the surface.
    I may never be Thin but still need to lose loads but i wrists and body frame will always be large
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    The wrist thing doesn't work for me either, I've had under active thyroid from birth and always had really thin wrists and long fingers in proportion to rest of my body, even when I was 16st my wrists were still thin but all the weight was on my torso (boobs, tummy, bum etc) and arms have always been thinner than my weight suggests. I usually looked more pregnant than over weight all over.

Does this make me apple shape? I've naturally been around 9 and half stone for the longest in teens early twenties at my healthiest which according to charts for my height puts me in the middle as I should be between 8 and half to 10 and half stone, so I guess I would be a medium frame?

I don' t think I would look healthy under 9 stone my boobs are already looking deflated and face and neck older and I'm still 5lbs off 9st 7 (133lbs). my abdomen/hips are still the biggest in proportion with rest of my body though I do have a waist now that curves in!
  • d1veej
    d1veej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have the exact shape you do 6 to 8 pants and 38 bra and mostly large and extra large tops. i wear blouson tops over skinny skirts and pants and people just think aalll of me is the skinny they see at the bottom.lol
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost some weight, yet still got a bit of belly left, if I lie down or suck my belly in there's a two to three inch drop between my rib cage and belly. I reckon that at least suggests a 'large frame' :).
  • horsemom47
    horsemom47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm 6 ft 245 and I do no look "fat". I have been described as one of those Amazon fighting women...lmao! I have a big frame. BUT I am overweight...my blood pressure is elevated and my weight is not a healthy weight for me. My goal is to lose 20 lbs, lower my BP and drop to a size 16....I look thin at 220-225...believe it or not!