What's your favorite?

Options
Just wondering what everyone's favorite workout is?
How long do you do it for?
How many days a week?

Mine so far is walking the dogs, riding my stationary bike, elliptical, Zumba & turbo jam DVD!

Replies

• valurtiaga
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week for 1 hr - 1 hr and 15 mins.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like working out to my yoga DVD's for back pain and fibromyalgia. Gentle yoga is something I can do. I also like to walk. Usually 30 min is a good workout for me.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    workout 6 days a week... 4 weight training days, 2 HIIT cardio days... 1-2 hours lifting days <1hr on cardio days

...favorite workout LEG DAY!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I walk my beastly dog 7 days a week rain or shine. :) Right now I'm loving and hating Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Wii Zumba, and always Pilates. I try to do one of these 5-6 times a week.
  • xxbookwormbabexx
    xxbookwormbabexx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Dancing, hands down. I don't even notice I'm working out until I'm sitting in a stretch afterwards covered in sweat.
    I also do elliptical all the time :)
    Or hike/walk with my dogs
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 3-4 days a week and lifting 2-3 days a week. 1-2 rest days.
    My favorite workout is running outside, but I also love biking & swimming. I do the elliptical sometimes on lifting days.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I do 2 days each week of heavy lifting and 3 days each week of cross fit type workouts. Squats are my favorite lift. I always enjoy the other workouts because I put them together on my own, circuits and stuff. It's a good time.
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    My favorite workout is P90X and Turbo Fire, I am doing a hybrid of the two right now.
  • Big_Daddy6
    Options
    Weight lifting 5 days a week.
    Running / walking 6 days a week.

My favorite that i do is the deadlift......300lb lift so far but I bet 400lbs is just a few months away.
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    Mine is walking, walking, walking and hiking! I walk 1 hour over 3 miles every day and the pounds are slipping away every week with proper eating too!!!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Running and a crap ton of boxing :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting 3x a week.

Spin class 1x a week.

Maybe a couple of short runs (2-3 miles) if I can fit them in!
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week. Cardio 4 times a week and strength training 3 times a week. I also work with a personal trainer 2 times a week. I work with him on strength training days.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Right now it's Starting Strength 3 days per week. In a few months it will be 5/3/1 BBB 4 days per week.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Heavy Lifting 6x a week
    "Cardio" 1x a week
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    oooh. Wii has zumba? Maybe I should get one. Does anyone have any opinions on how much exercise a Wii really provides?
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    Mine is walking, walking, walking and hiking! I walk 1 hour over 3 miles every day and the pounds are slipping away every week with proper eating too!!!

It's really encouraging to hear that! I walk my dog every day and I walk fast. I work up a sweat and even run a little now. I often wonder if walking is enough. Everyone seems to think you have to go to the gym to loose weight. I do swim and a little resistance training, but my favorite is the walk!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    my favorite work out is dancing..... I do it every day, for at least an hour a day......it allows me to work the parts of my body that aren`t sore.... and encourages me to stretch and test the parts that are....

Dance so you can fly baby!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I weight lift x5 week and do cardio once or twice a week.

Favorite lifting workout - Back, Shoulder, & Biceps day because it's the day I do deadlifts which I love!

Favorite cardio workout - Nice long bike ride up the canyon near my house or boxing.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Sort of a toss up between deadlifts and squats. If it's squat day then my favorite is squats. If it's deadlift day then my favorite is deadlifts.