hummus!!!

Options

Replies

• figgy06
    Options
    Any recipes to share?? I don't know how to make it at home? Thanks!
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Pretzels, pretzels, pretzels!!! And hummus.
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    Made my own with chickpeas, avocado and jalepeno. Use it as a veggie dip with carrots and cauliflower. Love it!!
  • figgy06
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!! I'll try it this weekend!! ;-)
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Brown pitta breads tosted r FAB with houmous :)
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    Wow!!! Do you have a recipe?
  • cateyjo
    cateyjo Posts: 108
    Options
    Here is the recipe I sent

1 can garbanzo beans, drained, keep the liquid
    1 avocado
    3 T lemon juice
    1 t garlic, minced
    1/4 t sea salt
    1 jalepeno
    1/2 t cumin
    1 T olive oil

Put it all in a blender or food processor and blend it up. Add some of the liquid from the beans to thin it out as needed.
  • reneemlt2k
    reneemlt2k Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started my love of hummus by adding it to my salad at Jason's Deli rather than using a salad dressing.
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    UMMMM with pine nuts is my fav. Dip carrotts, cucumbers, celery and wassa crackers in it. Makes a great light lunch. Going to try the red bell pepper now that sounds yummy.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Here is the recipe I sent

1 can garbanzo beans, drained, keep the liquid
    1 avocado
    3 T lemon juice
    1 t garlic, minced
    1/4 t sea salt
    1 jalepeno
    1/2 t cumin
    1 T olive oil

Put it all in a blender or food processor and blend it up. Add some of the liquid from the beans to thin it out as needed.

Thanks! I love hummus too. I dip cucumbers and carrots. Making it would be alot cheaper that buying it.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Spread on plain rice cakes, yum yum yum :)
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have it almost every day...I've given up butter and all dairy so it's a handy substitute... I have it on toast, crumpets, in noodles as a sauce, as a dip with cucumber, carrots etc. I go for the organic version from Tesco. Only prob is the garlic, my boyfriend says I HUM after houmous!
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love me some hummus, but I've recently found that pesto sauce added to it makes it mind-blowing! Only thing better is baba ghanouj (which is also the funnest word to say everest!)

Baba Ghanouj is pretty much the same thing, only made with roasted eggplant instead of garbanzo beans.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I make my own with canned chick peas, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini. Or I buy Sabra. Love hummus! Trader Joes has pretty good hummus too.
  • AimeeCu
    Options
    I really love it on celery and that adds no additional calories. Also on the pretzel thins.

I have found I have a new found love for turkey jerky!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I make my own hummus. Canned garbanzo beans..garlic ,olive oil , tahini , lime juice and sprinkle paprika. I buy fresh whole wheat pita bread from the Mediterranean Market. Yum!:smile:

^^This! Much yummier made from scratch and so easy to make with a food processor.
    Options
    There's a recipe floating around using fat free yogurt in it instead of tahini. I'll try to dig it up if anyone's interested. I'll have to try the one posted above with avacado, sounds great.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    There's a recipe floating around using fat free yogurt in it instead of tahini. I'll try to dig it up if anyone's interested. I'll have to try the one posted above with avacado, sounds great.

Yes please :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Drangel88
    Options
    HUMMUS!!! yay!!!!! i love it! we should make a topic called HUMMUS lovers! jajajajaja :)
  • JuanaViviane
    Options
    What exaclty is hummus and what do you eat it with?