TRADER JOES

Options

Replies

• AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Pretty much my entire kitchen is full of TJs. Lol, I have to many favorites to list so here are a few.
    Chocolate chip fudge bars 120 calories
    Power crunch bars
    Frozen Vanilla Greek yogurt
    Salmon burgers
    Chili lime chicken burgers
    Pulled BBQ Chicken, pork, and beef
    Snapea Crisps
    Seaweed snack
    Roasted Plantain chips
    Reduced guilt wheat crisps
    94% fat free popcorn

I should stop lol, so so much more! Check out my diary anytime, its open, I'm getting back on track with logging :-)
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Omega 3 Trail Mix (comes in individual pouches)
    Dried Mango/Chili Mango
    Honey Sesame Almonds
    Speculoos Cookie Butter (bad for you, but so tasty)
    Pea Crisps
    Dark Chocolate Raisin/Pecan Bar
    Ginger Chews
    Peach Salsa
    Soy Chorizo
    Veggie Masala Burgers
    Prepackaged/sliced Chili Lime Chicken Strips
    Mango Granola
    Lemon Gingersnap Icecream

I mostly only buy snack foods there, if you couldn't tell.
  • erinmick2
    erinmick2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pre-cooked Lentils
    Just Chicken - Teriyaki
    Turkey Meatloaf
    Classic Hummus!!!!

I honestly can't do their produce. I've been to one in AZ and one in LA and there's alwaaays fruit flies around. Totally grosses me out. However, my boyfriend just turned me on to shopping there in the past couple months and each time I go I get more and more. Starting to kinda love it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Cookie Butter, Garlic Chipotle Salsa and Cookie Butter Chocolate Bars!
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bananas are the cheapest there, .19 cents per banana here so you can pick out all the huge ones :)

My bf and I are addicted to the Going Bananas chocolate covered banana coins, lol.

Oh and their pastas are delicious. I especially love the pesto tortollini.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Frozen wanton soup is really good!
  • bbbccp
    bbbccp Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The quinoa duo with veg, roasted red pepper hummus, whole wheat couscous, and orange chicken are just a few of my favorite things!
    I also like the cards that they carry- cute. And the face soap, and they sell Clif Bars!
  • xozoe
    Options
    Vacuum Fried Banana Chips
    Mixed Nuts (Roasted, 50% less salt) have Brazil nuts and hazelnuts which are so good
    Raw almonds
    Quick cook steel cut oats
    Great whole wheat breads selection
    Often local produce at TJ's is cheaper than TJ's packaged produce
    And tonight I tried their Thai red curry sauce for the first time. So, so good. I am waiting to try their peanut butter with sea salt. Mmm.
  • ltowns11
    Options
    Bump I will need to go grocery shopping there!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Charles Shaw Cabernet, Blue Fish Pinot Noir, their Dark chocolate
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Almond Clusters cereal...I am OBSESSED! I call them crack clusters. :tongue:

And I eat their salads every day.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Reading these posts, shows me different things to come, as They Always get new Items in, so it helps.
    So Many Godies there. A few lazy day Faves
    Edamame Humus
    Tabouli
    Black or green Olive Tampenade
    Mini Edamame Crackers
    Meatless Meatballs
    Masala Burgers
    Soy Chorizo
    Coconut Oil
    Their not cream cheese cream cheese
    ....AND
    FLOWERS, FLOWERS, FLOWERS ( when mine are done: :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • kfesta52
    kfesta52 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just stocked up for the office there today! My favorite to have on hand is the Annie Chun Udon Noodle Bowls. Yes, packaged food, yes carbs. But the sodium is not outrageous (460 mg per bowl), and they are 240 calories for the whole thing, almost no fat, still have 4g fiber, and they cost something like $2! I have them for lunch all the time, at least a couple days a week. I have a snack too if I want, but I honestly find them surprisingly filling, I think it's all the volume of broth. And I don't usually end up starved in the afternoon.

Other favorites:
    I love the "bubbly water", their sparkling mineral water. The carbonation makes you really feel full, no calories, and just a hair of sodium. I often get the Fage 0% plain greek yogurt and add some honey and a handful of one of their granola cereals, awesome snack. If you like Indian food the Paneer Tikka Masala is very aromatic and tasty; stats are pretty typical of a packaged food (i.e. pretty mediocre) but it's a small-ish lunch in one whole day. I've recently taken to their baked lentil chips with sea salt and pepper plus a couple of good spoonfuls of double roasted salsa. You get a lot of chips per serving at low calories, the sodium is not horrible (220 mg). They have a good selection of tea and coffee. The fruit is okay, I always buy bags of tiny apples, and sometimes tomatoes and such. Fresh basil is the deal of the century compared to the grocery store. Hooray for the wines, reasonably priced and not half bad, I could do a whole post on a couple of my favorites. Milk, sour cream, butter, margarine, yogurt, etc seems about the same prices as our grocery store and a better selection actually. And there are great options for dark chocolate in various configurations for small treats here and there!

Word of warning - the place is NOT health food! Read the labels, you'd be amazed at many of the food products, especially anything in packages. They might sound healthy by the names, but pick them up and read - not very good stats. I realized in re-reading this post that I actually might get an awful lot of packaged foods overall. I try to be pretty smart about what packaged foods I choose. (I've lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months and am at a happy weight of 106 right now, so TJ's hasn't been too bad too me overall.)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My staples from Trader Joes are:

Frozen Organic Brown rice (saves time on cooking)
    Olive oil popcorn
    Unsweetened Coconut milk
    Cheddar Cheese Puffs
  • zobqueen
    zobqueen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    never been to a Trader Joe's. Not one here!
    everything sounds delish tho!
  • gpark33
    Options
    I just had TJ's White Bean Hummus and it was so goood! I get my Ginger Chews there and chocolate.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    WAY too much that I love there - here are a few I can think of right now.

Fresh Pineapple - I do the cutting and have never had a bad one.
    Rosemary Chicken with Wild Rice (refrigerated fresh) -- I don't do much frozen
    Dorot frozen chopped garlic cloves - I steam or roast veggies with it
    Baby fingerling potatos (yellow bag)
    Mint Mouthfulls (frozen TREAT)
    Blueberry Vanilla Chevre cheese
    Multigrain crackers
    Chocolately Cat Cookies :-)
    Empire Kosher Turkey Breast - raw - you cook it
    Low Salt sliced turkey (lunchmeat)
    Lite White sliced cheddar
    ANY of their butters (not dairy- look near jams and jellies) Pumpkin, Fig, Mango - whatever they have in
    $4.99 Lambrusco - lightly sparkling white wine from Italy - YUM
    Spinach, Kale and Yogurt dip
    Carmelized Onion Dip
    Hummus - any of them!
    Frozen organic brown rice - ready in a snap!

OK - will stop now
  • 4GorgeousKiddos
    Options
    I often tell people to think of Trader Joe's as more of a gourmet food store vs. a health food store. Don't blindly pile things in your cart, check labels!! With that said their frozen brown rice is a staple in our house.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Chili-Spiced Mango. Oh em gee.