Why didn't anyone tell me?

Options
Ok so why did you all keep it a secret? Carrots & Houmus.... really? I HATE Houmus with a passion, carrots are ok but boring....... together...... O M FREAKING G

Are you kidding me? 4 carrots & 20g of Houmus & I'm only eating 122 cals & my mouth is having a party.

Damnit....next time there is a party like this..... TELL ME.

Replies

• RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    LMAO
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hummus on toast with some tomato or olives.
    hummus and bread with veggie burgers and salad
    hummus on everything is just brilliant.

Try making it with different beans and experimenting with other spices. Get some brilliant concoctions.
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    Ohhhh I so need to buy some hommus and try this!!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh I so need to buy some hommus and try this!!!!

Oh yes please do...... Houmus on carrots tastes like cream cheese to me..... BIG weakness for me..... I got a MASSIVE tub of the skinny one lol.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    google hommus crusted chicken recipe... it looks amazing!
  • sparrow70
    sparrow70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    is Hummus usually premade or something that u make? I'm not sure we would have it in hicksville Ohio. It's hard enough to find brussell sprouts somedays lol. Then again, we only have a couple of stores. How would u describe what it taste likes? I have seen people eating it b4 on a show I watched (big brother) & always wondered.
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Hummus. 2 tbsp is only 60 calories. *drools* I think I have to go shopping tomorrow and get some again.
  • MadzP
    MadzP Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What on earth is Hummus LOL
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    is Hummus usually premade or something that u make? I'm not sure we would have it in hicksville Ohio. It's hard enough to find brussell sprouts somedays lol. Then again, we only have a couple of stores. How would u describe what it taste likes? I have seen people eating it b4 on a show I watched (big brother) & always wondered.

It' chickpeas (cooked & mashed to a paste), oil, sesame seed paste, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, salt, sugar,..... well that's what is in mine lol.

Tastes like cream cheese to me
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Another good one is Baba Foods - Avocado & Cilantro Hummus. I like to use it as a spread on my sandwiches instead of mayo.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Do know what else is absolutely amazing:

http://veganyumyum.com/2008/02/hasperat/

Ridiculously delicious. Houmous, spinach, carrot and cucumber on a wheat tortilla. Genius.
    Even tastier if you warm it slightly.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    when i first started the weight loss track i had hummus every night, i love it but then i looked at the cals in it so havent had it since.
  • Leahsz
    Options
    Hommous on toast with egg on top sprinkled with cumin. Mmmmmm...
  • amybrennan136
    Options
    Anyone tell me what does it taste like?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Anyone tell me what does it taste like?

with carrots to me it tastes like cream cheese.... on it's own it has a slight nutty flavor I think.
  • KathleenH3
    Options
    It's fantastic! One of my favs, but I make mine at home myself.
    The only thing to be careful of is watch out for ones that are made with tahini. Tahini is delicious and makes hummus even more incredible, but it is SO high in fat and I mean, BAD.
    I may just have to make some tomorrow and post my recipe for you all :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Oh yes please. I'd love that. I was sooooooooo tempted to put it on my pizza just now (chapati wrap, tomato paste, vege mix & chicken) and thought it may taste nice.... but figured I'd just have some later lol
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic! One of my favs, but I make mine at home myself.
    The only thing to be careful of is watch out for ones that are made with tahini. Tahini is delicious and makes hummus even more incredible, but it is SO high in fat and I mean, BAD.
    I may just have to make some tomorrow and post my recipe for you all :)

Please do post a recipe :)
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Humous is a dip from Northern Africa/the Middle East. It's made from chick peas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.

It's pretty easy to make yourself, but here in the UK you can buy it everywhere so I don't bother.
  • Leahsz
    Options
    tastes nutty, garlicky, lemony...and creamy.