Hey girls,
Whats your daily calorie goal?
Are you having success?
How tall are you ?
:)

Replies

• queensturg
    Options
    Currently, mine is 1400 calories per day. I upped it a little from 1270 because I was struggling so much to make that a realistic goal. Even 1400 seems tough; some days I can make it, other days I end up eating anywhere from 1500-2000 per day. The past few days have been good though, and I've been under my goal. I'm just trying to do the best I can, and to at least make healthier choices, even if I go over my goal.
  • KelliMarie89
    Options
    Hello,
    My daily calorie count is 1900 and i'm 170cm. I've been using this program for a couple of months but gave up due to stress, I let it get the best of me and gave up. But I've started using the program again and I've got a better attitude and more motivation this time. I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Monday to see how I'm going.
  • MadzP
    MadzP Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal lies on 1200 without exercise. I am 1.7 m tall. And yes, success indeed.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My goal's 1450 on here, without exercise. I eat back my calories. 5'5"
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1439 each day.... then add the 400-700 cals I get extra from my run each day..... at the moment I'm still 111 in credit before I even get to my daily allowance. Should mention I'm 5'4" and 87kg
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 164 cm and weigh 63.5 kg. My calorie goal is 1500 (settings are sedentary and 0.5 lbs/week). I eat back most of my exercise calories, so most days I eat around 2000 cals and net around 1400. I took a break from MFP over the summer for maintaining, but being back, I've lost an average of 0.5 kg per week over past six weeks. I'm actually a bit below my original goal, but I think I'll keep eating like I do now for a little while longer and see where my weight stabilizes on its own.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    1600-2400 depending on if I exercise that day and how intense. I'm 5'8.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1390 before exercise, and I've just started to eat back my exercise calories, so anywhere between 1300 to 1800 usually. I'm 165cm tall, and I was having success but stalled when I was failing to reach my calorie limit - hence, attempting to eat back exercise cals now :S Hoping it's working again.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I lost 28lb here doing 1200 per day plus walking everyday and it took me about 8 month and then I was maintaining at 1800 plus my walking till this July when I was on holidays for 2 weeks and eat and drank silly :laugh:

Now my daily goal is at 1400 I walk an hour everyday earning about 250 extra calories which I normally eat about half off. I don't log on a Saturyday and eat around 2500 that day but I try to be smart about it I, it works for me :smile: I am losing about 0.5lb a week and need to loss another 5lb to get back to maintainance hope this helps.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1700, I only workout 3x a week. If I workout more than that then I will up it to 1950 cal.
    I'm 5'2.5 and 119lbs. Yes I'm getting results at this amount.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 calorie goal 1450 + exercise, I eat back 50% of the calories I burn, try to exercise 3x a week
    Ive lost 12lbs so far my start weight was 196lbs and im starting to gain a little muscle now although I cant see it yet I can feel it.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1460, upped from 1270 yesterday because I realised i was going for a run etc just to create a big enough deficit to be able to eat a filling meal :-(
    I wont be eating back my excercise calories now on my higher calorie goal, i want to excercise because i want to, rather than because i want some mayo on my lunchtime salad :-)
    Im 5ft 9 (175cm)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 164 cm (5'5")
    My goal is 1200. Usually I don't reach it, though I exceeded it a couple of times.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    1400, 5'3, 145. Losing steadily!
  • evanesco
    Options
    1760, I'm 5' 3" and 137lbs. I run 3 days a week and do Bodyweight training 3 days a week. I lose about 1lb each week.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1510 and 5'8". I usually only eat about 1200-1300 of the calories though because that's just how it works out. Now that I've actually been strictly following my intake goal, I have had success so far.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" at 134lbs, my goal is 1700. I don't get to exercise much, I have a moderately active job and college life. :)
    & After too long at 1200 and not losing, I get amazing results at 1700! (And more energy!)
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1600 (I don't always meet it, but it works better for me to be under than to be over so I made my goal high). I am 5'2" currently 180 lbs and loosing an average of .5 to 1 lb a week.
  • faith519
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 years old, 172, 76kg and my calorie goal is 1690. I do sports 6 times a week. These consist of a variety of activities: 2 kettlebell trainings, 2 vinyasa flow yoga and for the other two days either do another yoga, the stairs or insanity dvd. I have 1 day off to rest when I don't do sports.

I counted it out for my daily intake using a very accurate daily calorie need equation. Here it is below:

Based on this equation my BRM is: (8.7*kg) + 829 = 1490 kcal (this is adjusted to age groups also)
    This is my absolute minimum, that I cannot go below to keep up a healthy weight loss.

Now to adjust that to my activity level in a day: 1490 / 24 = 62kcal/hour
    Sleep: 8*62 = 496 Kcal
    Office work, normal low level activities: 15*1.4*62 = 1303 Kcal
    Daily 1 hrs sport: 1*3.8*62= 223.2

Based on the above I need to consume 2022 Kcal daily to maintain my weight with my current activity level. To loose weight you can subtract about 10-25% so here I am: 1690 kcal/day.

I have just started to do this programme seriously with the sports over three weeks ago and lost 2.5 kg since, which is all fat. My body feels really toned up, flexible and I feel much better about myself. I have abs of steel that I've never had and very very importantly I don't starve!! I'm not hungry, I feel like I am eating plenty of food (doing the 5 portions).
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1400. The 1200 suggested by MFP were just too low for me, and 1300 still had me feeling hungry after exercising. Plus, 1400 is pretty much my TDEE minus 20% (as suggested in the MFP road map).

Oh, and I'm 1.53 m (5' 3/4"), and I currently weigh around 59 kg (it fluctuates a lot if I step on the scales every day).

Edit: I do eat back my exercise calories, because not doing so is the UNhealthy approach. And I want to lose weight in a healthy way, everything else would just be a waste of time.