Real women...

Options
now, before you all start grumbling, know that I am not a fan of the "real women have curves", "real women are stick figures", etc., but I have recently seen a Secret deodorant commercial that actually made me like the saying "real women..." because theirs is "Real women sweat."

Now that's a positive saying I am proud to say I agree with and feel sends a positive message as it doesn't pit body types against one another.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    ****, I forgot to put on deodorant after showering at the gym today...:explode:
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :heart:

nope i agree

and

Im sexy when Im lifting and I sweat
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's a good motivator and it promotes the product. Makes me happy.

Much better than "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"

If I see that one more time, I may shoot something. Something.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Sweat is delicious.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love a good sweat!!!! :heart:
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I think ALL women sweat. Real women have curves I think was made to make slightly overweight women feel better about them selves. I don't think a saying should define who you are. Feel comfortable in your own skin and don't worry about what other people or media are saying
  • AyriaM
    AyriaM Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with the term "real women" and I used to be obese
    ...now overweight and working on it....and it still bothers me to no end.

I used to ascribe to fat acceptance and dressed accordingly and felt confident for it.
    I've always pretty much been confident with my body for the most part, regardless of size.

But when you're trying to sell a product based solely on this "real women" crap, I have a problem with that.
    They only do it because there are more overweight/plus size CONSUMERS than those of normal weight.

The last I heard was 2/3 of America is overweight+?

...so yeah...it's purely a sales gimmick. Then the doctors make more money off the consumers with their medical problems growing....we're in a sick consumer society.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    sweat on women rocks...that is all.

THIS!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It's a good motivator and it promotes the product. Makes me happy.

Much better than "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"

If I see that one more time, I may shoot something. Something.

^^Agreed.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I sweat buckets when pushing myself to new limits.

I am not a fan of the "real women this / real women that" either but real women (and men) sweat even a tiny bit (unless there are some underlying issues with glands).
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I used to ascribe to fat acceptance and dressed accordingly and felt confident for it.
    I've always pretty much been confident with my body for the most part, regardless of size.

But when you're trying to sell a product based solely on this "real women" crap, I have a problem with that.
    They only do it because there are more overweight/plus size CONSUMERS than those of normal weight.

...so yeah...it's purely a sales gimmick. Then the doctors make more money off the consumers with their medical problems growing....we're in a sick consumer society.

it's an ad...for deoderant...

Calm down.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Real women dont sweat.

They dont fart or do #2 either.

*Covers ears* La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-I-cant-HEAR-YOU-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I like that saying, mainly because I have also heard people (mostly women) say that "sweating is disgusting and just not them"

in fact, at a wedding last weekend I was told by one woman that "sweating is my pet peeve"

I was flabbergasted, how can sweating be a pet peeve? I mean embrace it! it happens, and if it happens because you've put out some major effort all the better!

I didn't tell the woman at the wedding that I had completed a 29k run that morning, I revel in getting to the point that you have sweat so much that you can rub salt off your forehead!
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    I definitely agree, I feel it promotes being healthy and active. Too many focus on a size and there are many sizes that are very unhealthy because they don't exercise. People need to take "Diet" out of their focus and work on being healthy and sweating is part of getting healthy.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

I disagree 100%. women of every shape, size, and body type sweat. We can all work out to improve ourselves, and i think that's more what they're saying. it has nothing to do with anything else. of course they're trying to sell their product, it's a commercial. but it's not pandering to one type of woman more than another.

i think it's awesome, Bry, and totally agree with you. Also, i feel sexy as hell when i'm in the gym lifting and i've got sweat running down my chest!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    sweat on women rocks...that is all.

THIS!

This again....I'm sweaty now!!
  • embercakez
    Options

maybe some of these fatties need to put the fork down and work out?
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I love to sweat! I just don't like the pit stains. :grumble:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I am not a real woman. I am actually a super genius cyborg sent to take over your world.

It turns out they should have built me taller and thinner, with better people skills and a longer attention span. :tongue:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Real women dont sweat.

They dont fart or do #2 either.

*Covers ears* La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-I-cant-HEAR-YOU-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
    agreed \m/