True story.
    and boobs, they have those too.....\m/
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    All women are real.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It's a good motivator and it promotes the product. Makes me happy.

Much better than "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"

If I see that one more time, I may shoot something. Something.

I hate that saying. Hate it with every fibre of my being.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I really hate this trope of 'real women do/are/say x', because it implies a dichotomy where somewhere out there, there are fake, artificial or lesser women defined by their doing otherwise. Which is a dangerous idea to promote, even when it's couched in happy feelings of celebrating women.

Why can't the slogan just be 'because women sweat'? Seems just as effective...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    All women are real.

except that one from Mannequin, because she was actually a mannequin. :wink: :laugh:
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    A sweat-drenched woman is about as hot as it gets!!!!!

I like this ^^^^ :bigsmile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    All women are real.
    ...........hmmmmm......after watching rupaul's drag race....maybe not.....\m/
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Real women have vagina's. The end.

True story.

correction...Real woman are BORN with vaginas. :bigsmile:

This is a fact braught to you by: "God" and" Natures Goods- where nothing is man made". (Sponsered by: DNA and Mother Nature and "Myth Busters Episode 69- Under the Hood")
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    All women are real.
    ...........hmmmmm......after watching rupaul's drag race....maybe not.....\m/

Transphobia much?
  • shadoewz
    Options
    Sweating when I am working out....awesome.
    Sweating from a hot flash......not so great
    ;)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    All women are real.

... unless she is interested in me. In that case, she is, most definitely, as imaginary as unicorns, dragons, and pots of gold at the end of a rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    All women are real.

... unless she is interested in me. In that case, she is, most definitely, as imaginary as unicorns, dragons, and pots of gold at the end of a rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Womp, womp.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Real women refuse to be cubby-holed into some small subset of what real women should be....

I hope my daughters know they are mistresses of their destiny and not slaves to the voices of complacency, consistency or noble aphorisms.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    CORRECTION...Real woman are BORN with vaginas.

This is a fact braught to you by: "God" and" Natures Goods- where nothing is man made". (Sponsered by: DNA and Mother Nature and "Myth Busters Episode 69- Under the Hood") :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I think the saying "real women have curves" is stupid. Some women do have curves and it's not an excuse to be fat, some women don't have curves, it's just a part of life, we come in all shapes and sizes, fat or no fat. You can look at one female with 20% body fat and compare her to another woman with 20% body fat and they can look completely different based on genetics. Just my opinion. All women are real women, regardless of what their body looks like. I guess I'm okay with saying things like real women sweat because well, it's the truth. We all are born with sweat glands and it's promoting that it's okay to be real and not to be ashamed of it. However, I hate sweat on men and women, so my saying is going to be "real women take showers". there you go, my opinion on things.

Just for fun, I heard the saying "real women have curves" before in conversation and my response was "curves don't have rolls"

food for thought, lol
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I :heart: when I get sweaty! It makes my boobs glisten!! =P
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    CORRECTION...Real woman are BORN with vaginas.

This is a fact braught to you by: "God" and" Natures Goods- where nothing is man made". (Sponsered by: DNA and Mother Nature and "Myth Busters Episode 69- Under the Hood") :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

All women are real, some women are trolls.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I just don’t care for any of these phrases.

Not every woman wants or needs to be athletic. *shrugs* Although this is the least offensive of the phrases, probably since it doesn’t really flat out insult anyone. I think everyone, male and female, should try to be more physically active in their life, but I have friends (both genders) who choose not to be and who are in decent health. I suppose kudos to the commercial for trying to encourage active lifestyles.

I will say that I absolutely despise the saying “real women have curves” though.

Most of the time it’s being said by large women who are stuffing their faces full of fast food crap as they point to pictures of Bettie Page or Marilyn Monroe saying “Look! she wasn’t skinny! Real women have curves! Blah blah blah! I don’t have to eat better or exercise because I’m a real woman because I have huge boobs. Skinny women are ugly!”

I’ve actually seen/heard someone who is about 250 lbs say the phrase once while eating a big mac at her desk and referring to Marilyn Monroe.

This kind of mentality contributes to the obesity problem in this country. Do some people prefer women with a little more meat on their bones? Sure. Bettie was gorgeous. She was also in shape and healthy looking. She was not obese. There are plenty of slender to average sized women who have curves, thanks. Also, plenty of people like women who are thin.

Also, most people don’t care one way or the other as long as you’re a good person.

And finally, the main reason this phrase offends me: I know a woman who had to have a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. She was thin to begin with and now she doesn’t have breasts. Technically, she has no “curves”. You going to tell her she’s less of a woman than someone with double Ds?? I don’t think so.

I feel like once people have a generic catch phrase like “real women have curves”, they feel like it’s a get out of jail free card to excuse any unhealthy lifestyle they choose.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I :heart: when I get sweaty! It makes my boobs glisten!! =P

If you need me, I'll be in my bunk.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Meh, I buy products because they're good products...not because they are good at marketing.

Like someone mentioned earlier the "real women" marketing ploy is an easy sell because its a fad right now.

Its still the same product that used to be marketed by tall and skinny models who don't sweat ;)