Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 3

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Verda, Thank you so much :smile: you made me feel 1000% better. It's just been a crazy week & I think the stress just got the best of me. I am going to take your advice & take it one step at a time. Thank you for the gentle & love filled push, I need it. One more thing I need to mention, you look AMAZING at 51 :flowerforyou:
    You are soooo welcome and I thank you for the compliment!:blushing:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Moon, I completely understand that feeling... just wanting to scream it out and knowing that as deeply and truly as you feel that way, the cosmos should just reach down and melt away the fat to reveal the you that you know you are. It's SUCH a hard feeling. Vent here as much as you need to and know that you'll have understanding and support and lovingly strong encouragement to take the fire from your feelings and do your best with your next chance to make a choice. So many people in the world have no idea how hard this journey is, but we all do. Big hugs!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    MAN!!! This is exactly why I think PLANNED days off lead to WEEKS off. LOL. But seriously, I was at work today and I felt my neck start Itching. I have hypersensitivity at times and I'm allergic to nickel and shrimp BUT I've not been in contact with either recently. HOWEVER since my job HEAT was malfunctioning today at at 85, dentistry was near impossible. I stayed all morning but once the RED RAISED BUMPS gathered the attention of the staff and some patients I decided it was a great reason to go home SICK!! COUGH!!! I usually would work until the end, no matter how I felt but my stomach started feeling sick and my legs were itching.

I have slept for the whole afternoon. I haven't eaten since breakfast, but don't you worry!! THIS SISTER CAN EAT. I will make up for it.

As for fitness.... MAN... I may get on my elliptical. I'm sure if I work out the bumps will flare up again but I WILL get a workout in... OR maybe YOGA!

Hoping I figure out whats causing my body to react. I keep the same eating habits recently and I cook my meals at home. The only thing I have eaten differently is baby carrots but I've never noticed a problem with them before... HERES TO GETTING OLDER AND GAINING MORE ALLERGIES!!!!

LOL! Have a great day!!!!

Tamm

Personals:

Kel- Hope you feel better!!! Shredding can wait. You will know when your ready to start again!!!

Moon- Glad you find support in our group! :)

Amy- FIRM is great! Great job on the unofficial weigh in too! Also the group is doing a great job!!!! YAY!!! Go SIXERS!

Sandy- Congrats on the cruise. You have a target now! Just one meal at a time and one fitness goal a day can make you smile all the WAY!!! YAY!!!

B- Great job!!! YAY

Amy PDX- I'm so proud of you! Great job removing that pound! Moving in the right direction! YAY

Cathy- Hope you are feeling better too and GREAT RECIPE!!!

Rhiannon- You should write a cookbook! I miss your recipes! :) Glad your back girlie!

LADIES... I just realized its FEB again!! LAST year this time we HAD to write one thing we LOVED about ourselves each post!!! Let's do it ladies!!!! ***** IMPT*****

Well as you can see from my earlier comments didn't feel to hot today but I did weigh in at 196.5 Feeling good about that! LOL

take care ladies,

Tamm
  • vhuber
    Options
    Hi Tamm, I love reading your post's! You and your sis are sooo darn busy!! You have such a great attitude, it is contagious! Get in that workout you will even feel more fine!! The rash, could it be from new clothing, new med, new lotion-perfume-body spray-hair spray, bath items! That is how my husband gets to lotions! Wishing you wellness!
    Verda
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Yep my schedule is pretty busy, but I am generally determined to get in my workouts because I feel like crap if I don't take at least a little time to exercise and eat some good foods...

My attempt at personals: Don't be mad, I copied someone's list and will write my own comments... lol sorry, I've been super busy, bare with me.

Emmie- sorry to hear about your grand dad. God Bless you and your family

Congrats to ALL of the group members especially the ones who lost weight. [Kristin, Rhiannon, AmyS, Cathy, AmyLou, Alison, PrimalB, Tamm, Amy(pdx), izzypup ] Special shout-out to my sister DRTAMM... lol. (told you it wasn't the birth control! LOL inside joke)

Amy (Sorry to hear about your dad) - I read about your and emmie's dad... I too lost my father at a young age. I was 15 and he was in his 40's... way too soon. God Bless you and your family too.

hi chipper!!! I just like saying hi to you! Thanks for always thinking of me! How is your family? Oh and my test went well, I think :-) No final results as of yet! I'm on Neurology now... so I'm working with patients who have had strokes, are in comas, etc. It is really interesting...

Verda - WOOHOOO You look great and your workouts are amazing!!! Keep it up!.

To all those who are sick or have sick family members, GET WELL soon!

Ok to all those I miss, I am sorry. I AM THINKING OF YOU AS WELL!!!!!

DrTamm- Good job on losing those pounds! And it may even be a new hair grease/lotion. Discontinue anything new! Dr's Orders! lol... I'm almost a doc ;)

Ok ladies, I have to go to sleep! getting up at 5 to go running... then have to go in to work to meet my new patient and present him to the head DR early in the a.m.!!!

Sleep tight!:flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I have a question that is completely non weight loss related.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to easily decorate a High School Musical cake? I can bake with the best of them! But my decorating leaves a lot to be desired. I'm trying to save money by doing the cake myself.

I did it for my son's birthday in September, but his was easier. It was a Bakugan themed birthday, but he had science entertainment (dh did the entertaining), so I washed some of his plastic dinosaurs w/ the rocks & trees that went with them & decorated the cake with them. It actually turned out really cute! But High School Musical is way beyond my talent.

Amy - Have you tried googling 'high school musical cake'? You can also google that and just click 'images' at the top to see only the pictures. I found this link with a lot of pics of different HSM cakes. http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/high-school-musical-cake.html
    I made my daughter a volcano/beach cake last year. I'm not very creative on my own so I looked around on the internet and took my favorite ideas and came up with my own version. I love making unique cakes - but I'm not very good dealing with the icing/writing part. If you don't want to do a lot of the decorating with icing, then I would start searching the stores for HSM merchandise (action figures, keychains, check the toy section/party favor section, also cake decorating section at michaels and joanns). I also used different types of candy as different objects or to spell stuff out. The mall's candy store had some unique candy sold in bins. Someone on the internet laminated images of the characters and placed those on the cake. Someone else carved the cake into a pennant shape. I'm sure you'll come up with something great. Hope these ideas help.
  • amyls8710
    Options
    Morning sixers .....

TGIF right ???? lol ... i am pumped to work HARD this weekend ....

yesterday i did a 30 minute walk with leslie sansone.... as well as a 52 minute flirty girl fit with weights ! so needless to say IM FEELING it this morning !

I have to say im proud.... usually when i have a cold ... i just give up and make excuses ! ..... but im battling the cold.... and taking care of myself... with healthy foods.... and exercising .... and i think im feeling a lot better today then yesterday ! My TOM is never on track .... its different every month but i know thats arriving any day now ! im starting to see a difference in my body .... its amazing ! .... places that stuck out are now in ..... everything is lifting ! Ahhhhh my stretchmarks from my pregnancies are disappearing ! Its giving me such HOPE ! :flowerforyou:

Sorry i havent done personals .... ive been reading i promise ! Ill do them from this post ! ......

Tamm-- THE FIRm IS AWESOME ! i love it ! total body shaping !
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! YAY for Friday!!!

Emmie...I am sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:

Everyone else...no time for personals! But have a wonderful morning!!!!!!
  • greenerme
    Options
    Morning Sixers! I hope everyone is ready for the weekend!!! (I know I am)... I have back to back meetings from 10:30 on today... so I am not too sure how lunch is going to go today :grumble: Anyways I hope you guys are doing better than I am. I really stink at this... every morning I wake up motivated, but by the end of a wicked stressful day I am so drained that I can't keep motivated.... Sorry for being such a downer this morning.... TTYL
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not happy because i gained. I am now at 204 lbs today. still down from the dec 1 weigh in of 215 lbs. was not able to exercise for a week due to taking care of hubby and then overdueing it on th ea active. I was able to exercise again today. I did the ea active on low intensity. still can feel it. then did 1 mile of the 5 mile burning the pounds dvd with the 2 minute boost and then 1/2 mile of walk away the pounds for abs. I think this really stretched the muscle afterwards because I can feel them but no pain. very happy about that.

Hopefully we will get the blizzard and all i have to do is stay home and work out. Yeah!!.
  • emmie110
    Options
    Hi girls! YAY for Friday!!!

Emmie...I am sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:

Everyone else...no time for personals! But have a wonderful morning!!!!!!

Thanks, Kristin. :flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    Options
    Em - I'm sorry you're under a lot of stress. When I used to work, I would pack a sandwich and eat it while I walked for 45 minutes on my lunch break. I also went and walked on each of my 15-minute breaks. I worked my way up to 4 miles/day and it really helped keep me motivated since I was seeing fast results from all the walking. It also helped to keep my stress level low by the evening. And when weather was an issue, I walked the stairs in my 4-story building over and over or I just used an umbrella. I know it would be hard to have the motivation to exercise in the evening - but if you did I'm sure you would feel a lot better after wards. Hang in there.

Pam - I'm sorry you had a gain - but great job getting right back to working out. We can't let a little setback turn into a big setback or get us down.
  • emmie110
    Options
    My in-laws were in town last night and insisted on taking us out to dinner. I was good though - we went to Mimi's and I got the Chicken Salad with fresh fruit. They brought out one of those yummy evil muffins too. I had her put it in a to-go container though. Well, this morning it was sitting over there on the counter calling my name over and over. I finally just put the evil thing in the freezer. Phew - can't eat a frozen muffin. I'm feeling triumphant over a stinking muffin. It's funny how much power I gave to a muffin - but I took my power back. I win!! :laugh:
  • vhuber
    Options
    My in-laws were in town last night and insisted on taking us out to dinner. I was good though - we went to Mimi's and I got the Chicken Salad with fresh fruit. They brought out one of those yummy evil muffins too. I had her put it in a to-go container though. Well, this morning it was sitting over there on the counter calling my name over and over. I finally just put the evil thing in the freezer. Phew - can't eat a frozen muffin. I'm feeling triumphant over a stinking muffin. It's funny how much power I gave to a muffin - but I took my power back. I win!! :laugh:
    Good job!!! Even when I put them in my freezer I can hear them!!! LOL
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 180.5 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.5 lbs
    Rhiannon (PedalHound).......SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -4lbs / PROGRESS -6.2lbs
    Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 267 lbs / PROGRESS - 4 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 240.2 lbs / PROGRESS -.8lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 144.8 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 225.4 lbs / PROGRESS -0.4 lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 167.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 1 lb
    Em (greenerme) ......................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Verda (vhuber) ........................SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 148.00 lbs / PROGRESS 0+/- lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW 198 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 146lbs / GW 136 lbs / CW 148 lbs / PROGRESS + 2
    izzypup.......................................SW 187 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS -1 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 159 lbs / PROGRESS +0.3 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 199.5 lbs / PROGRESS +1.5 lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 210.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 141.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 1 lb
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......SW 154 lbs / GW 150 lbs / CW 155.8 lbs / PROGRESS +1.8 lbs
    Kelly(redneckwoman)............SW 152.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 150.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.6 lbs / PROGRESS +0.2 lbs
    Melanie (Melanieann48111)..SW 153 lbs/ GW 146lbs/ CW 153 lbs/ PROGRESS +/- lbs
    2bskinnyagain1978................SW 186 lbs/ GW xxx lbs / CW 186 lbs / PROGRESS +/- lbs

Hello ladies,
    Sorry I have been MIA, it has been a CRAZY week.
    1) My internet was down for 2 days.
    2) My nutritionist didn't show up 3rd week in a row.
    3) My daughter just 2 days ago got hand, mouth & foot disease.
    4) My son today is sick with an infected throat.

I am so sad to announce that I am doing so bad with my diet this week( up 1 pound) I did so good since the beginning of the year & I totally blew it this week. I don't know why I don't have the guts to try harder. I don't think I am goin to reach my 6 week goal this challange & it breaks m heart. I want to scream that I DON"T WANT TO BE FAT ANYMORE, I know this sounds stupid & weak but I am crying now while writting this.

Tomorrow is a new day & I am going to get back on track & work my butt off. Plz help me, I can't do this alone.

I think we have all felt that way. Try to shake it off. It was yesterday! Today is a new day and a new start. My heart goes out to you! It doesn't sound stupid at all. I have cried many times over my inability to loose a lbs when i was working out like a beast.
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!
    Sandy
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    what a crappy day with the doctors appt. computer acting up so will make this short.
    he said i didn't eat well enough and wants me to do south beach or eat 1200 cals a day and burn 1200 cals a day working out. says no snacks, no this no that. no one gets where i am coming from.

see was cruising right along, than DH was fired. i fell off wagaon for about 4 months. started getting my grove back was just starting along, than had a bad weekend and the following week getting back at it, except the scale started going the wrong way, and i just started bloating up. i have just been struggling right along as the scale keeps going up. so don't know whats up.

back later
  • amyls8710
    Options
    Cathy -- aw im sorry .... the doc wants you to burn AS much cals as you are eating??? ... is that normal ??? .... i eat 1700 cals a day .... and work out and burn like 250-700 cals daily .... i cant exercise any more then i do lol ! It is def. so hard to get back on the train .... after we jump off whether willingly or by accident or by outside interference ! i know you can do it ... i hope someone figures out the right thing for you ! Sorry your computer is acting up ! TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY !

Sandy --- it definately is cry worthy when we work so hard and lose nothing but our bodies know what they are doing most the time.... i find if i stick to it even when i see a gain or see a maintaining number.... i always see a good number the next week ! when i give up it may be higher !

Verda-- LOL .... i had to chuckle that the frozen muffin still talks to you hahaha

Emmie-- way to go on freezing that darn muffin hahahah !

Pam -- im so sorry you overdid it .... exercise is a good and bad thing... if we do too much of it or pull something then we CANT work out for so long..... but when we do it right .... it has so many added benefits ! i think your doing awesome with all the stuff going on .... and taking care of DH ! YAy for the GOOD burn haha !

EM- im so sorry your feeling down .... you can vent anytime ... thats what we are all here for ! It would definately be difficult to come home after a long day at work .... but just remember if you come home from that long day at work and eat HEALTHY and think about WHAT YOU CAN DO ...... you will start having a lot more energy ... and even more motivaation in the mornings ! (i kno its easier said then done) but ive been trying to make a conscious effort to say "THIS IS THE DAY OF NEW possibilities" new workouts... new recipes..... !!!!! try one thing at a time .... focus on that one thing for one week and then add another thing.... in a few weeks you will have cut out a lot of poor habits ! we are here for you along the way !

Kristin-- i agree yay for FRIDAY !

Tiff-- i so agree that i too feel very bad if i dont eat healthy and workout each day ! Good luck with your super early mornings .... !!!!! you are a hard worker !

Tamm-- yay for being under 200 ! that is terrific ! I will be jumping off of walls when i see a 100's .... I think thats awesome to write something we love about ourselves !

*I love that i love dvd workouts.... i own the firm, yoga booty ballet, slimin 6, flirtygirl fit, leslie sansone walk at home, power walks, etc... and I ACTUALLY do them all ...... i make a schedule each week and get it done ! *

Rhiannon-- love your photos ! Isnt it strange how our body changes as we gain or lose weight??? you look TERRIFIC ! btw ! xo

Moonq-- oh im so sorry ..... It is so hard when our babies are sick .... we seem to put everyone else in the house before our needs.... and sooner or later it becomes second nature to always put OUR needs on the backburner.... i told my husband its time i start taking Me serious for once .... We all have times where it seems like nothing is going right... YOU CAN DO IT ! i know you can .... if i can you can !we are all here for one another ! Try doing one thing at a time... if exercise is your weakest area focus on that first ...... if nutrition is your weakest then focus on that ! and once youve gotten that down pact and into a routine ... focus on the OTHER .... and you will make progress ! I know you will ! chin up girl ! We have faith in you! im tired of giving up ... If i would have stuck to it back when i first gained it ...... i would have only had 60 lbs to lose ..... and i put it off .... and put it off and gave up and when i started three weeks ago i had 110 lbs to lose .... and now im down to only having to lose 98 lbs ..... we can both do this !

B- where you at girl ?!?!? what kinda workouts you been up to ?!?!? miss you motivating buddy !

Im working hard this weekend so i can see big results on tuesday !
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Verda- I think your positivity is contagious and the fact your body looks amazing. Keep me motivated!! Thanks again!

Amyls- I like that you have a dvd collection you use. I have alot and need to get a monthly rotation going! keep up the great work, results are sure to come

Tiff- Good job working out sis! Whatever, It could be the birth control. LOL

Hi everyone else!!!! Oh... I miss you Lauryn!!!

One thing I LOVE about myself today is my smile!! If you smile at someone it can be contagious! Give it a try! :) But I know my sixers know that!

I had a busy busy day at work, its rainy so I ordered dinner to go and it was wonderful. From Texas Saloon and something but is was amazing and they had a brownie sundae for 1.99. I HAD to get it! LOL,not really had but WANTED AND SUCCEEDED at getting! LOL I went to the gym and did the bike for 25 mins, elliptical for 30 and strength training for my arms.

Love ya ladies,

Tamm
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Whew, I feel like I've been gone for weeks. I had to go out of town last night to give a presentation today in a city 2.5 hours away. But now I'm done with my presentation, back at home, and soaking some dried kidney beans. I'm making chili from scratch tomorrow. REALLY from scratch - I bought a few pounds of fresh tomatoes to go with my kidney beans that are soaking. I usually just make it from cans of tomatoes and kidney beans, but I wanted to try to make it with fresh everything to cut out a lot of the sodium of the canned veggies.

I'm exhausted. I woke up about every 60-90 minutes last night at the hotel. It was clean and comfortable, but I couldn't get good sleep. I'm so happy to be back in my own apartment in my own bed.

Good night everyone!

-Alison
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    OMG <- a very necessary prerequisite to my last two days... seriously.

Wednesday night had a good day, didnt work out but had a full day of classes, then I went out last minute to see one of the most important men in my life. He is my big brother although sadly not by blood. He just returned home from his first tour with the Marines in Afghanistan. So we hung out til about 2 am. then i drove home, and by the time i was in bed it was 3 am.

Had to get up at 8 am on thursday to make it to class by 10 am, then had classes all day i didnt even have time to eat until 3pm in which a friend and i went out and had vegetarian sushi! it was super yummy, veggie tempura rolls and sweet tofu rolls.. yummyyyyyyyyyy Well one of my friends was having a party thursday night and my boyfriend and I got into a MASSIVE fight (im surprise we didnt break up haha) so I went to the party, I didnt really eat at all thursday either until around 6 when i finally ate a delicious wrap... (so post wrap i went to party) anyways, CRAZY drama went down at said party, mind you I am a VERY low key person, so this whole event is something I have never encountered. Lets just say there were men getting into fights, there was a chick who had to leave becuz her abusive boyfriend showed up,a bunch of guys got naked for no reason at all, another who got kicked out for doing heroine at the party (THIS FREAKED ME OUT THE MOST! WHO DOES THIS!?!?!?) He was seriously kicked out of the place, then chased out of the sub division by security after the guy hosting the party called the cops. Oh and I watched one of my best friends cheat on her boyfriend. So Thursday was crazy, however, there were MANY fun parts.

So I finally got home around 5:30 this morning (friday) and decided to sleep through zumba, so I woke up and was at work by 10 am, then full day of work, got off at 6, then went to the gym to take some frustrations out as more drama involving my EX bf (for any sixers that remember, my ex lived with me, and turned out to waste all of my money, cheat on me, and he did illegal drugs which was the boiling point for me). So went to the gym and did 3 miles!!! burned over 389 calories! I enjoyed the dry sauna for about 15 minutes after that and then came home to relax.

Tomorrow waking up for zumba around 7, zumba is at 8. work from 10-6 then I dont know what saturday night holds. I do know that Sunday I have some super fun plans! I will have to fill everyone in tomorrow along with doing personals. I will DEF. be doing them tomorrow I promise! I have nothing else to do at work tomorrow!

So btw unofficially as of two minutes ago I am down a pound, I cant wait to unofficially weigh in tomorrow morning!

NIGHT SIXERS, AND HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!
    B