Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• i8apples
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5ft7 and my calorie intake is normally about 1200 however, yesterday i really bad and ate a whole (450g!!) tub of ben and jerrys ice cream!! that's about 1100 calories in one sitting on top of my daily intake of calories haha. But hey every day is a fresh start, just got to work abit harder this week to burn off those extra calories!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I eat 1525/day plus my exercise caloies. I'm 5'6", 113.5 lbs -- not looking to lose weight.
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Set mine at 1250 but I don't always make it to goal. I exercise 5 days/week and don't eat my calories back. Just joined and in 5 days dropped 1.5lbs. Pleased with my cal goal so far...will make adjustments if needed.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    1200 on rest days but on work out days I eat back as many of my exercise calories as I feel I need, sometimes all of them!

ETA: I'm 5'5" and so far so good.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,
    Whats your daily calorie goal?
    Are you having success?
    How tall are you ?
    :)
    I'm 5'2", I shoot for about 1700-1800 cals per day, I do pretty well with it (actually I'm usually around 1550 or so).... I burn a lot of calories in a day between resistance training, cardio, and pole dancing. In any one day, I'll hit at least 1-2 of those three things. So it works for me!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and eat 1500-1600 as my BMR is 1552. Yes, I'm having success, about 1.5 lbs a week.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and intake 1200 calories a day. I exercise 50-80 minutes a day. I had to find very filling low fat/calorie foods to accomplish this goal and now its working.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-ish and my calorie goal is 1400. Some days I'm under and some days I'm over, but most days I'm between 1350 and 1450.
    I've had success so far, so it seems to be a good number for me :)

Oh, also: I don't eat back my exercise calories. My exercise is inconsistent now that the semester has started again...
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    1900. I have lost almost 60 pounds by eating around this goal.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9",my dialy calorie goal is 1470 before I exercise.The problem I am having is when I exercise,they add so many more calories for me to eat.I cannot come close to the goal,usually500-600 cal.off.I am good on my fats,only eat MUFAS,always over on my protein,but I heard that's good. My question is for all youwho have experienced wt.loss,am I harming myself by not eating the fuul amt.after I have exercised. I was eating healthy,but not eating enough,was not losing,despite exercise. My doctor said I slowed my metabolism down,eat more. I have been eating really healthy,trying to eat every 2-3 hrs,small snacks,meals.Just want to know how close to I have to be to the goal to lose wt.Thanks

If you are using the MFP default setting for protein (15%, I think) then eating a little over is likely not a problem if you are otherwise healthy. Generally the medical recommendation is 15 - 30% protein for healthy adults (it varies based on size, sex and age). If you exercise intensely, even more may be okay. Check with your doctor if you have any medical conditions.

It's hard to say if you are hurting yourself by not eating all your exercise calories without knowing what you are eating and what the total calorie count on average is. If the deficit drops your net calories below 1470 that could be problematic at your height. If you need to add more calories without adding more bulk look at upping your fat content from healthy vegetable fat (olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, etc.)
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine is between 1200 and 1450 - set my my nutritionist. MFP says 1200. I do not eat back my exercise points and it is working for me. I'm 5'6.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't know how to quotemthen post. Thanks for your feedback. I am eating chicken,turkey,salmon,tuna,vegetables,some brown rice ,beans,or quinoa.Eat MUFAS,avocados,olives,almonds...Don"t eat bad,just concerned abt.number of calories they say I need to eat after exercise.It seems like I eat alot already.If you can tell me how to make it so you can view my diary,I can show you what I eat.Thanks
    I am 5"9",my dialy calorie goal is 1470 before I exercise.The problem I am having is when I exercise,they add so many more calories for me to eat.I cannot come close to the goal,usually500-600 cal.off.I am good on my fats,only eat MUFAS,always over on my protein,but I heard that's good. My question is for all youwho have experienced wt.loss,am I harming myself by not eating the fuul amt.after I have exercised. I was eating healthy,but not eating enough,was not losing,despite exercise. My doctor said I slowed my metabolism down,eat more. I have been eating really healthy,trying to eat every 2-3 hrs,small snacks,meals.Just want to know how close to I have to be to the goal to lose wt.Thanks

If you are using the MFP default setting for protein (15%, I think) then eating a little over is likely not a problem if you are otherwise healthy. Generally the medical recommendation is 15 - 30% protein for healthy adults (it varies based on size, sex and age). If you exercise intensely, even more may be okay. Check with your doctor if you have any medical conditions.

It's hard to say if you are hurting yourself by not eating all your exercise calories without knowing what you are eating and what the total calorie count on average is. If the deficit drops your net calories below 1470 that could be problematic at your height. If you need to add more calories without adding more bulk look at upping your fat content from healthy vegetable fat (olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, etc.)
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    1200 but that's only because I eat ALL of my exercise calories back. If I didn't it would be more like 1450. But I work out every day.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I average 1930 calories per day, burn through exercise about 2800-3200 per week, and net around 1500 or so. I'm 5'5 and I have been losing steadliy since I stopped worrying about eating back calories and just went from my TDEE and cut back overall.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 and eating back exercise calories. Going higher doesn't seem to help me. I don't have much to lose anyway, so only a couple more weeks and I'll be eating maintenance.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    5'7 calorie goal is 1500 but I do fasting on tuesdays and thursday and have 500 calories on those days
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Whats your daily calorie goal?
    Are you having success?
    How tall are you ?

Yes
    5'5.5"

I figured mine out using this: http://calorieline.com/tools/tdee And then, I rounded it.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging 1400-1500 calories and I am 4'10". I have lost almost 10lbs so I would say it's been successful.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2400-2600 calories daily. That's gross (as in before minusing exercise). On days when I'm extra active, I eat more. I try to net 1700-2000 daily.

Om nom nom...

164cm
    132lb
    22% body fat

I aim for 20/20/60 though find I have a hard time getting all my protein without going over in fat. Work in progress.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall.

1150-1200 if I haven't exercised.
    1200-1250 if I have exercised.