Feeling Colder?

Options

Replies

• jennieth
    Options
    I used to be hot all the time and now I am always freezing. I don't miss that warming fat though!

Awesome weight loss you have hit!
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

Feeling colder could be a sign that you lost a good deal of muscle mass along with the fat. It might be time to incorporate or increase strength training and check your protein intake so you can re-build some muscle mass.

I'm freakishly warm even when thin, and it's down to muscle mass.

Being warm will come in really handy for you in the winter time! :smile:
    I think ill just start carrying weights with me all the time tehehe
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    That's funny. Through my entire life I've always run cold, but over the past 18 months since I've lost weight and everything's evened out I sit at home on the couch at night getting swamp *kitten* and wondering what's wrong with my hubs for not sweating his balls off instead of the other way around.
  • CinnieSoph
    CinnieSoph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be around 180lb and am now 130lb (10lb to go) .... I am FREEZING cold all the time and go blue even when my friends are sweating. It gets pretty horrendous but I guess snuggling up in loads of clothing isn't too bad :) It was much worse when I was 110lb and it went right through to my core. I wouldn't be that skinny again though.
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm hot all the time! LOL But mind you I just started my journey.. though I'm looking forward to the day I am cold all the time. I feel like I'm always warm.. can't sleep with blankets or anything. My boyfriend thinks it's annoying.. so give me a few months and I hope to be shivering with the restof ya! :P
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Lost about 11 pounds so far and my goodness... I am cold all the time. I have to move around a lot just to try and make friction for warmth. So cold, my knees hurt most of the time at work.

At home, I host poker with friends (all overweight/obese). I am very cold and they are all literally sweating, going so far as to open doors and windows at 11pm to cool themselves down. Makes me even colder.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been experiencing the same thing everyday...I am always COLD 8=/ ...
    I now have a space heater under my desk at work and I now am wearing sweaters, something I never used to do. You may want to check your Iron level perhaps?
    You've come a long way! And have fabulous results, congratulations!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I get ridiculously cold, super easily. I am hoping that maybe once my body gets used to having less blubber to protect it, it will regulate. But if not , I can live with it!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    there are several possible reasons:

1. loss of fat tissue
    2. calorie conservation: a quick/drastic reduction in caloric intake with often result in your body storing calories rather than burning them. this, then results in #3--
    3. slower metabolism, which may or may not be caused by #2. truth is, with decreased caloric consumption and decreased body mass comes decreased metabolism.
    4. iron deficiency, which is common especially in women when dieting.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    im starting to notice that as well and ive only lost 5 lbs! man i have 51.2 more lbs to lose too man im going to need an electric blanket 24/7 to stay warm i think
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Same here. 30 pounds down and freezing at my office. I would rather grab a sweater than add the extra pounds back.
  • jmkmoore
    jmkmoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm always cold too. If fact, I'm cold right now. My hands are freezing! My husband likes the thermostat on 69 most the time and I always have to wear sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    As a previous post stated..." you lost all your insulation"! That's why your colder...bodyfat is pure energy and insulation for your body. Its great if your an Eskimo but not so good if you wanna be healthy, lol. Your metabolism will catch up and help level things out a lil. Congrats on the wonderful job you have done..definitely something to be proud of.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've always been on the feeling colder side, but I've noticed that since I've lost weight it's become much worse!! I too have a space heater under my desk that I'm using right now and have used this whole past summer (and it was in the 90s most days)!!! I thought that maybe it had something to do with the amount of water I drink now and since I drink it cold, it cools my core temp....what do you ladies think?

During the summer (and most of september) I've been chugging ice cold water. It ups your metabolism, because your body is working to heat up your core.

Think it's time we alternate warm and cold drinks to stop shivering lol

The cold water thing is a myth. It sounds plausible, but has been disproven. I can't find the studies, but I promise they're out there. I'd stick with hot cocoa :)

Haha it could be a myth, but my doctor told me the same thing, and webmd said it too. (but you're right, don't think there's too many studies done on it).

I love hot chocolate! But dang those calories! Found the Diet hot chocolate, 25 calories, delicious! Perfect for chilly fall nights :drinker:

I'm a fan of hot tea =)
  • adnol_2
    adnol_2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all of us. Sorry you are cold all the time. My suggestion is layer up. You can put more clothes on but take just so many clothes off.

Great job on the weight loss.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I think it is great. I have always been hot, I mean always. I am the guy sweating at the hospital because it is too warm. Always miserable, puddles forming around me from playing something as non exerting as Foosball. Now I am tracking, and losing, and chilly. I actually turned off the AC at work yesterday, "me"...if you only knew how absolutely ridiculous that would seem just a couple of weeks ago. I have lost a few pounds, which I am quite pleased with, and do not feel as hot as the turkey in the oven on Thanksgiving. Bring on the Cold, I am loving it !
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Haha this conversation makes me even chillier!:indifferent:

Thanks so much for all of the responses! Great to hear about people being the same or different!

I love autumn! Hope you all do too! Let's do a bonfire! :laugh:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    YEP!! Cold... most of the time, I'm at least chilly. So... I hear ya and know what you mean! :) I figure there could be worse side effects of losing - so I don't complain too often. But - when I need to "ice" after exercise/lifting... ugh! Cold to the bone! Ha!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    When I was a skinny kid I got cold easily. But after gaining muscle mass over the years, my body temperature increased noticeably.