Tatoos

Options

Replies

• MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nope nope nope. Don't have any tattoos, neither does my boyfriend. I'm never planning to get one, but if I ever did it would be like a life-size ladybug or something. I am not attracted at all to men who have tattoos. But then I'm a nice girl. Men with tattoos probably don't want good girls.

Here we go with the stereotypes!

I don't have any tattoos neither does my SO. Just like you, I am never planning on getting one, maily because I am a chicken and don't want to go through the pain. And I think I am a very nice girl who doesn't judge others based on the way THEY LOOK.

I find men with tattoos to be extremely attractive if the tats are done right. Why would you say "Men with tattoos probably don't want good girls". To many, tattoos symbolize turning points in their lives.

Too bad you don't have any tattoos Maria...I like my women trashy! I :heart: you

As a side note, I am educated, am a professional, and have never touched an illegal drug in life...except when I've seized them. They say a narrow mind and a wide mouth come together.

I can still play "trashy" without tattoos :)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "My body is my journal and my tattoos are my story." ~Johnny Depp :wink:
  • rhvandan
    Options
    I love my tattoos. My hubby and I are both tatted up.
    1. Black heart with gold wings on my left breast, from my ren faire days.
    2. Phases of the moon along my neckline/back
    3. Turtle and monkey on it's back on my left inner ankle- for my momma and me
    4. Cheshire Cat with "we're all mad here" on my right outer calf- he's my boy!
    5. Fairy sitting on crescent moon on my left shoulderblade- my tribute to Tori Amos...
    6. Celtic triskelion on right shoulderblade- my hubby and I got different variations of this for each other for our engagement
    7. Coop style bride of frankie dressed as a witch in front of a stitched up full moon on my right shoulder- yum
    8. HR Giger sketch on my lower back- my tramp stamp is a freaky bat thing that I just love to death
    9. celtic trinity symbol on right wrist- to symbolize balance
    10. My left foot has my oldest daughters footprint, her name, and her birthday in stars
    11. my left ring finger has my hubby and my initials and wedding date and I have the phrase "you're so cool" on the side of the finger- from "OUR" movie True Romance.

I have plans for MANY more. I'm educated, successful, articulate, law-abiding, and yes, a bit slutty. Tattoos no longer belong to ANY particular stereotype.
    Love my men, and ladies, tatted up. Be an individual, be YOU. I have no problem with those who prefer no art though.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, count me as one of those trashy "bad" girls, then, cuz I have 15 of them! :tongue: And (gasp!) I have a graduate degree, a state professional license AND work in management. :drinker:

BTW, if you want to see them, you can check out my pics.

And (good) tats on men are extremely sexy - my hubby has both arms 1/2 sleeved and a leg sleeve - all done in traditional Japanese style. He's hot as hell!!!!

We've both been very lucky to find amazing artists. Because good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good! :bigsmile:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos! On me and my hubby.

I have:
    Piceses fish on each calve; one in water, one in fire.
    A heart with a lock above my right butt cheek
    Nauticals on my left shoulder with "Gone but not forgotten" in memory of my older sister and older brother
    Testify with the middle T being a cross and it has wings on both sides on the back of my neck.
    I have various flowers from the top of my right shoulder, down my back, rib cage, hip, and thigh. Each flower has different meanings.
    My wedding vows are on my left upper arm with hearts and wedding rings around it
    And I have hearts with swirlies around my right wrist

Each one of my tattos had much though put into them and they all have meaning to me.

My husband only has two: His wedding vows to me and a skull eating a flag on each upper arm. However, I am not really a fan of his skull thingy.
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    Well, count me as one of those trashy "bad" girls, then, cuz I have 15 of them! :tongue: And (gasp!) I have a graduate degree, a state professional license AND work in management. :drinker:

I can't wait for the day when we don't have to qualify like this anymore. I'm intelligent and I make my own choices about my own body. I like to think I don't care what other people think, and yet I also often find myself explaining that *despite* my tattoos I am well educated and well employed in a professional field. It's so annoying that we're fighting against other people's assumptions.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos on anyone :) Bf has one Iron Man half sleeve on his right arm, one Punisher half sleeve on his left arm and a tribal from one shoulder to the other with a maple leaf in the middle (which has a skull features).

I have two small/ medium, one egyptian eye on my right shoulder and a tribal rose on my left ankle. I really want more tattoos!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    It's so annoying that we're fighting against other people's assumptions.

but if you know that before you make the decision to get one, it still says something...which kind of makes it a conundrum in the same way that dressing certain ways would give expected perceptions of you by others.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

but if you know that before you make the decision to get one, it still says something...which kind of makes it a conundrum in the same way that dressing certain ways would give expected perceptions of you by others.

Good thing my tats don't show when I wear my hooker boots......I'd get double the dirty looks.

:indifferent:
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    LOL I just read, good girls don't have tattoos, lol oh my god that is just too funny. I know the best girls in the world, married with children, amazing careers and they have tattoos, I have plenty and I am pretty sure I am a good girl.

I guess cuz I am full of them I should start sniffing drugs, being wasted every day and start back at that hooking job. lol man my pimp is going to be happy to see me back in bussiness.

Wow that is funny, good girls dont have tatoos.

That's one of my favorite stereotypes. I always have been and always will be a "good girl"...I got straight A's in school, I didn't start drinking until I was 21, I've never done hard drugs EVER, and people are often astonished to find out that I play the organ in church. A tattooed church organist??? Whaaa???? I like to completely shatter stereotypes, it's fun :)
  • bleacheblonde
    Options

Yes, it does say something...what it says is that people who get tattoos generally don't care for other people's perceptions. Especially when those perceptions are based purely on judgments and stereotypes, which they often are.
  • evereadysmile
    Options
    That's one of my favorite stereotypes. I always have been and always will be a "good girl"...I got straight A's in school, I didn't start drinking until I was 21, I've never done hard drugs EVER, and people are often astonished to find out that I play the organ in church. A tattooed church organist??? Whaaa???? I like to completely shatter stereotypes, it's fun :)

Yes, I have been told that people can't believe I have tattoos because I look like an elementary school teacher or a realtor (who knew they had a "look"). Subverting the paradigm from the inside: being a normal person, doing normal things, looking ways that aren't yet accepted as normal because people think we need to conform for their comfort.
  • bfvmg1
    Options
    I have three myself, and I think that tats on women are awesome, depending on the tat. Some tats really ARE lame, and should never have happened (I am sure a lot of people will agree with me on that). My wife has 2 right now, and wants some more. I want some more, and have some really good ideas for new tats.

As for the judgmental amongst us, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am sure most of you will express it loudly and shrilly, simple because you can.

Hugs and kisses to everyone!
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    They say a narrow mind and a wide mouth come together.

Oh, I will be stealing that wonderful saying.

I graduated 3rd in my class before heading to undergraduate and then graduate school. I received a 4.0 for both of my degrees. I am a licensed professional and make enough that my husband could quit his job tomorrow and I could support our household. I also have a sleeve of tattoos on my right forearm. When people ask why I didn't get them somewhere that others wouldn't see them, I just look at them and say, "People seeing them is the point!" I intentionally picked my right arm so my artwork is introduced to people when I shake their hand.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Do you like tattoos on opposite sex, do you have any? if so what and where?

Yes I do.
    I don't have any.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Love them I have 3 a nautical star and swallow on the back of my neck, a cross and roses on my back in memory of my husband that passed, and a ace of clubs in italian cards with a skull on top on my right ankle. I LOVE tattoos on men, super hot!
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    i have a chinese symbol on my R shoulder (my son's name in chinese) and my hubby's name on my ring finger. he has my name on his ring finger. i think a few are awesome but i dont personally care for the all over body tats
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are lame

Seriously lame. Don't you know they make you look trashy and cheap?

To each their own. Don't be a d!ck! Have a great day!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I dig tattoos. On anyone, any location.

I have two myself, one on my forearm and the other on my ankle. I've got a whole lot more planned for after I graduate, mostly on my back and arms. I'm not a big fan of tattoos on my own legs, for whatever reason, though I don't mind them on other peoples' legs, haha.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have a pink tramp stamp of a stylized five-petaled rose. I don't mind them on men as long as they fit my idea of tasteful, but I'm glad my husband doesn't have any. They just wouldn't look right on him.