Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• sue_886
    Options
    I just joined last week, but so far my calorie goal is 1,200-1,400/day. I spend 30-60 minutes walking every day, about 20 mins on cardio, and alternate between different types of strength training (arms one day, core then next, etc.) So far it's been successful! But like I said, I only started a week ago. =) I'm 5'8".

This may change over time; still figuring out the healthiest way for me.
  • Pats_gal
    Options
    Mine is 1490, i walk/jog atleast 2 to 4 miles every night and dont try to eat back what i exercise so im always a lil under my goal. my weight-loss goal is to lose 1 lb a week I started out at 150.8 i wighed a week and a half a go and was down to a flat 149. so for the most part my goal is working. im 5'4" and i only really gain weight in my lower abdominal area so with what i weigh and how it sets with my body im constanly getting asked if i am pregos. had a woman that has known me since i was born ask me if i was and thats when i decided it was time for something to change. lol
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200. I am older and have been quite sedentary since I injured my knee. I dont have a problem keeping to the goal and only truly exceededit about 3 times in 5.5 months. I have lost over 15 pounds on MFP since April1, 2012. I am planning on staying in this calorie:smile: range the rest of life so I dont gain weight back.BTW I am almost 67inches tall.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    5,4 and 1200. I dont do much exercise in the week but I do use the extra that I gain at weekends.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    cals to eat daily goal - 1200 (I am rarely ever able to eat this much)
    net cals after exercise daily goal - 600 (I net at or below 600 every day)

frame size (cause that matters too, imo) - extremely small
    height - 5'4
    start weight - 157
    current weight - 142 at last weigh in, probably less now
    goal weight - 120 to 115

Yes, it is working for me. I've been losing about 2 lbs a week. I'm never hungry, tired, or weak. I meet my daily goals for nutrients as well.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 9 in and my calorie goal is 1340. I am not eating back my calories at this time. I've lost 33 lbs total and 27 while doing mfp
  • JessicaKingerySC
    Options
    Wow...it is realy amazing to see how different everyone is! I just started this a week ago with a MFP goal of 1200 calories. While it has not been hard to stay right around that number, I have not lost any weight...in fact I actually went up slightly. So after doing some research, as of today, I have increased my daily goal to 1500 calories during the week and 2000 on the weekend. Hopefully I will get better results this way.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I also eat about 1200 calories a day but don't really care about calories as long as I eat healthily. I don't eat back my exercise cals. I am more tracking what I'm eating to see what healthier choices there are as long as they are nutritious as well. If I'm hungry I love to eat some nuts or chicken or fruits/veggies but I'm pretty full most of the time and don't have any cravings.. I don't deprive myself anything if I want it and luckily I don't have a sweet tooth. Love salty stuff though :)

I've lost 5lbs in the last 3 weeks so I'm glad to see that it's working :) Once I'm at my goal weight I am thinking of just reducing my exercise to 3/week instead of 6/week and keep eating healthily.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, My daily calorie goal is 1450 calories according to MFP. I struggle to get to that each day or I struggle to stay below that depending on what choices I make. I am currently around 185-186 and want to be down to 140lbs-150 as my goal weight.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    5'6 and before I was pregnant, I ate 2400-3000 per day, depending on how much exercise. I lost 40 pounds prior to getting pregnant.
  • gypsybree
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5
    My goal is 2110 and that's supposed to give me a pound off a week. I just started at that amount, though.. I was doing 2610 and was stable (maintenance).
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 168 lbs. I recently re-did my calorie goal and it knocked me from 1410 to 1370. I feel like I'm starving to death most of the day, but I'll give it a week to see how it goes, anyway...
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200
    I exercise and do not eat back my those calories
    I am 5'1 and over 55.
    It is working great for me. I am losing between a 1 to 2 pounds a week.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    Goal per MFP is 1200 but I'm ok with around 1400 or 1500. I've lost 93 pounds total, so seems to be working. :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    5'6 and before I was pregnant, I ate 2400-3000 per day, depending on how much exercise. I lost 40 pounds prior to getting pregnant.

Phew I thought I was the only one here eating properly lol.
    I am 5'7.5'' and I am eating 2400-600
  • shiloh911
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 1450 calories with no exercise/sedentary lifestyle to lose 0.5 lb per week. I eat back my exercise calories and make sure I stay above my BMR and it's been working pretty well for me.

I just started classes again 2 weeks ago, so since then I've been more maintaining than losing because of a combination of things, including being lazy and buying unhealthy premade meals, stress eating, and things like that. I've been more in the 1700 range lately.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Phew I thought I was the only one here eating properly lol.
    I am 5'7.5'' and I am eating 2400-600

:)
  • cjosenga
    cjosenga Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 foot, my calorie goal is 1460. I am a regular exerciser and trying to maintain after losing 20 lbs.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8". My goal is to net @1500 give or take a little.