TRADER JOES

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    But more specifically: I LOVE their frozen fruit blends for smoothies - they have a cherry one that's delicious. Chili spiced mango. And their nuts are awesome - love the salty sweet trail mix, and honey almond cashews. And I use their Everyday seasoning all the time!
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    I go about once every month or so and stock up - still shop elsewhere for fresh stuff, and for household items (detergent, etc.). Prices are good, tho once in a while I get there and find that there isn't any X because they can't get it at the moment at a price that would allow them to sell it at the price they want.

nuts of all sorts, but I try to resist the addictive honey sesame cashews
    good assortment of dried fruits - for oatmeal, etc.
    steel cut oatmeal (much cheaper than the same can at the supermarket)
    dark chocolate espresso beans
    frozen salmon rolls
    frozen fruit (great for smoothies - the mangos, for example, are cubed small enough to get blended easily, and seem riper than in the bags I've gotten at Whole Foods)
    Single serving frozen chicken tikki masala
    frozen shrimp
    my family likes some of the frozen vegetable +/or rice mixtures

Try it out, experiment, and see what you like!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Too many to list... but tonight, I think I'll have their Mahi Mahi burger. Love it with a little jalapeno raspberry (or peach) glaze.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    All of it!

But when I discovered they sell crumpets that are really crumpets and not some cr@p with a fake-o name I almost died and went to heaven!

I keep looking at those but have never bought them. What do you eat on them? Would you treat them like an English muffin??

The Trader Joe's crumpets are AMAZING. I toast them and eat them with peanut butter and jam :)
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Trader Joe's Hot & Sweet Mustard, Almond Milk, Roasted Garlic Hummus, Pita Chips, Frozen Raspberries/Strawberries, Afrikan Smoke Spice, the list goes on and on... love me some Trader Joes
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    They have the best, best breads....and such GREAT Prices!!!
    Love their eggs.
    Must have their cheeses!
    Vanilla ice cream is the BestBestBest!
    Fantastic section of chips
    Also nuts.
    I always stock up on the Stevia Powder.

Great Prices!!
  • Jerky, organic peanut butter with sea salt, organic preserves, various trail mixes, dried fruits, prepared salads, grilled chicken strips (for super easy meals), turkey bacon, chicken sausages, coffee, Greek yogurt, CA protein bread, sprouted breads, egg whites and too many naughty snacks to name (which I don't buy anymore). I LOVE TJ's .
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    for those wanting the cookie butter w/o buying the jar, they have by the registers a candy bar w/ dark chocolate filled with cookie butter.

Its delicious. i think its $1. gives you that cookie butter fix, w/o having to have too much self control.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    I know this is wierd, but I like t heir lettuce. It's so fresh and keeps well in the fridge. I also love their meatballs. It's a great store.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    They have a GREAT tri-color quinoa right now - its GORGEOUS and delish! :):)
  • meer__kat
    meer__kat Posts: 16 Member
    And for the grand finale......Dark Chocolate Toffee with Walnuts & Pecans

I LOVE this bar - and I don't really like toffee that much (too hard). I think it's bc it's ground up rather than huge chunks... so delish!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Thought of a couple more:

Pineapple Salsa (jarred) great on fish and chicken
    Papaya Mango Salsa (refrigerated) - ditto above
    Wake up Fair Trade coffee
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Vegetable Masala Burgers
    Trail Mix
    Pumpkin Six Grain Bread
    Vegetable Bird Nests
    Lime Popsicles
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    I just used one of my favorite spices in the world, Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute! It rocks and it made my fresh cooked spinach the best ever yet!
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Truffle cheese, the wines and the maple leaf cookies.....ERrrrrmehgeeerrrrddd!!! it's mouth-gasms waiting to happen!
  • emelecia
    emelecia Posts: 13 Member
    We eat the frozen Spanikopita all the time. It comes in a tray of 12 triangles that you just stick in the oven and 6 is about perfect for a meal. Works really well for a 2 person household and is low in calories.
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    WOW! Apparently I need to start shopping at Trader Joe's! Does anyone know how the prices compare to other grocery chains (like Kroger)? Do you do all your shopping there or just specialty items?

Prices are comparatively cheap for some items. I do not do all of my shopping there, staple items are cheaper elsewhere, but they have a ton of unique items and the prices are very good. I fill two of the canvas shopping bags every time I go and it usually is only about $30 - $40. Most of the stuff I buy from TJ's is convenience food - frozen meals, healthy snacks, etc.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Horseradish hummus!!!!!!!! Egg white egg salad with chives! mmmmm
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    WOW! Apparently I need to start shopping at Trader Joe's! Does anyone know how the prices compare to other grocery chains (like Kroger)? Do you do all your shopping there or just specialty items?

some things are cheaper at trader joes than at my local grocery store (Farm Fresh - kroger is around the same price as Farm Fresh). i go to trader joes for the items i know are cheaper and are/would be considered specialty at my grocery store but are considered everyday items at trader joes - like soy milk, free range eggs, mozzarella cheese, quinoa, italian deli meats, wine, etc. these things are cheaper at trader joes. it's definitely worth the extra trip.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    I am a Trader Joe's addict. No, really. My son has revoked my privileges - I'm not allowed to shop there if he's with me. I can wander the store, looking at products, reading labels and jotting down recipe ideas for two hours!

That being said, here is my current "standing" TJ's shopping list

whole wheat tuscan pane
    lite string cheese
    lite extra thin slices of sharp cheddar, swiss, etc.
    greek yogurt
    refrigerated chicken veggie barley soup
    BNRG protein bars
    microwave chicken tikka masala
    frozen brown rice
    frozen berries (incredibly inexpensive and fabulous in place of ice in protein shakes)
    chili lime chicken burgers
    frozen chinese mini dumplings
    jarred marinara sauce (least calories for fabulous flavor)
    100 calorie dark chocolate bars
    turkey jerkey - regular & teriyaki

I could go on and on