Dr Oz recommended this for appetite suppressant...

Options
13»

Replies

• RitaC21
    RitaC21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all of your responses....it was very interesting to get so many different (and many times funny) opinions. Obviously we're all in the same boat to a certain degree and after reading everything I decided NOT to try it. Whether he's a quack or not I've decided that I'd rather ask for YOUR help in this forum (even if it's from strangers). You all keep it real and I can relate to your answers. I'm going to increase my excersise and fiber intake and will continue to check in on this forum...THANKS EVERYONE...I REALLY APPRECIATE IT !!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Dr OZ is a snake oil seller. You know, food is a good appetite suppressant

:flowerforyou:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    lol...screw Dr. Oz.....
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbaJAJp7-p69OOnL7B1uMWsR016yOxH14P_Ztz1MxEf1AQjQfdug

nothing against Dr. Oz but this is funny!
  • shelley2shane
    shelley2shane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tried it shortly after that episode and it bites, didn't work for me at all but everyone is different. Just an FYI- I have tried SEVERAL supplements for dieting and they all were a bust! Water and fiber fill you up, :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I tried the white bean extract as reccomended by Dr Oz and found a couple of things:
    1. When I go to my local suppliment store, they know at any given time whatr Dr Oz is currently hawking because the hardcore flock to the store immediately and wipe the shelves out
    2. White bean extract makes you fart. Do not ingest prior to date night thinking you're going to cheat, you'll just embarrass yourself :bigsmile:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!! I work in the beauty industry and whenever Dr. Oz recommends some sort of beauty cream women pour in and buy whatever he recommends. I'm pretty well versed in most things beauty related but half the time I have no idea what these people are talking about. Dr. Oz is very, very careful about not mentioning brands, but rather ingredients (at least when it comes to beauty products)

I personally prefer watching The Doctors :-)
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    did Dr. Oz suggest Duct tape too as weight loss surpressant? can tape our mouths shut so we cant eat :p

sorry..couldnt resist lol
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat more food, you shouldn't be hungry all the time. Otherwise, I'd be afraid that as soon as I finished my diet I'd gain it all back! Eating clean and healthy really takes hunger out, at least for me.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I love when people go on the attack and try to discredit Dr Oz. Im not exactly his biggest fan, Ive seen his show maybe twice. But all these people that hear the name Dr. Oz and they immediately start calling him names crack me up. Let me know when you guys get your PHD. Ok?

I he actually did his own research I'd believe him. In his early days, before he solely had to rely on his staffers to find hot topics to stay current and fresh, he was quality. You know, back when he actually practiced medicine. As it stands he's no longer current, his view point isn't his own it's whatever his staff says it is. There are different qualities of doctors and he's running pretty low on stock.
  • bowseramanda
    bowseramanda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have never really watched Dr. Oz; but I can take the information that he is peddling and do some research on it. That was exactly what I did after watching an older show segment on YouTube. I saw what they were charging and said nope, not even worth the try. However, I found that exact item on Amazon.com and it was the best price of all my searches.

Green coffee bean Extract 800 milligrams twice a day (and the only other ingredient should be the capsule itself!). $20 for a month supply. I know it helped me get past my 1 1/2 month plateau.

So quack or not, it was good information. People just use you best common sense and I know common sense is not very common.

I will buy another months supply as long as it continues to boost my weight loss.
    I don't regularly take any supplements but I also use the green coffee bean extract and the raspberry ketones. I paid half that and got both bottles. It was cheaper because I bought powder instead of capsule (next time I will spend the extra... it tastes nasty). I will say I am sensitive to caffeine and it has just the right amount to give me a gentle boost. Just enough to make me feel alert as opposed to a mcdonalds coffee making me feel jittery. I started taking them on 9/4 and when I last weighed myself on monday I was down 11 pounds. I believe it has subtly helped. It was my aunt who had great succuss with it and where I heard of it. I found out later it was a dr. ox suggestion, but who cares?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I love when people go on the attack and try to discredit Dr Oz. Im not exactly his biggest fan, Ive seen his show maybe twice. But all these people that hear the name Dr. Oz and they immediately start calling him names crack me up. Let me know when you guys get your PHD. Ok?

Actually, he has an MD. And that still doesn't legitimize his pandering, dollar-seeking b.s.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I will say that I've used an appetite suppressant at the early stages of my diet. Amphetamines are quite effective. But what this did was force me to eat reasonable portions, and learn that I could be happy with reasonable portions. That has made dieting MUCH easier.

(No, not illegally; I finally got an ADHD diagnosis and was put on medication for it. The appetite loss was a side effect.)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

Yes. Because one should get a PhD in physics before they can tell you that if you jump out of a 3rd story window, gravity will slam your *kitten* to the ground.

Please, even completely uneducated people with a little common sense and critical thinking skills can see right through this nonsense this guy spews.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Like I said, Ive seen his show like twice so i have no idea what he says. But I would bet money he is more credible than the MFP forum.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbaJAJp7-p69OOnL7B1uMWsR016yOxH14P_Ztz1MxEf1AQjQfdug

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! Choking! HAHAH!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Like I said, Ive seen his show like twice so i have no idea what he says. But I would bet money he is more credible than the MFP forum.

Well, on average, a used wad of toilet paper is more credible than the MFP forum, so you may have a point there. But there are hundreds of MFP users more credible than Dr. Oz.
  • NurseJodies
    NurseJodies Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "I bought some PGX granules after seeing it on Dr Oz (his gorgeous wife uses it). It's pretty effective: a tasteless fiber that expands in your stomach with no calories. A serving feels like the equivilant of eating 2 pieces of bread."

Fiber is always a good suggestion. I need to purchase some. I've been struggling this week. Thanks for reminding us.