Tattoo Healing Ointment - Tell me what you use!

Options

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This is what we use. I used to use just little tubes of A&D ointment then a new artist recommended this and we haven't switched yet. My BF also uses a little bit of it to help get plugs and tapers in when he's gauging his ears.
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I've used the H2O before and it was alright. I used Aquaphor on my last one and it worked way better.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got my first tat 2 months ago and was told to use Aquaphor. It worked well and didn't stain my shirts. I have an upper arm/shoulder tat. Everything healed fine
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    A&D!! You just need a very thin layer.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My artist recommended I use A&D as well.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    A&D or Aquaphor.....

and...only a very thin layer...
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    A&D. I've used it for every single one and I heal well and quickly! Swear by it, and I'll be using it when I get my newest addition thsi Saturday :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    A&D, or Tattoo Goo... whatever I find first.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wow looks like most people use A&D or Aquaphor. I'll have to try one of them tomorrow. I'll have to put bacitracin on for the rest of today while I'm at work since I can't really clean my own back. After that I can switch. Now I know I have aquaphor somewhere but where is the question. I will have to pick up A&D the next time I'm at a store.

Thanks for all the feedback!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Didn't your artist tell you what to use?

Mine have always said a very thin layer of A&D for a couple days, then a unscented lotion like Lubriderm for several more weeks.
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    Scent free lotion thats all you need!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've always used A/D ointment, available in the first aid or baby care aisles.

This is what I have always used, as well :smile:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've always used A/D ointment, available in the first aid or baby care aisles.

^^^This is the correct answer^^^

Have been told by multiple artists.

Yup
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I use Spectro Jel and Vitamin E
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i've used both h2O ocean (ocean care) aftercare cream and aquaphor.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    A 2/1 mix of rubbing alcohol and bleach
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    Hi there. I got more work done on my back piece and from the beginning of time I've been using bacitracin. It works well but can be kind of messy. I use it for the first 3 days and then usually switch over to lotion.

I ordered some new stuff called H20 and it came in a box with 3 diff items. One was a blue/green soup, lotion type product, and then a nightime foam. Has anyone used this? I haven't tried it yet but I have it at home.
    http://aftercare.h2ocean.com/tattoo/ultimate-tattoo-care/

What else are people using for their tattoos? Bacitracin works well but it leaves a mess on shirts you wear. Now that I'm getting multiple sittings I can't always take off work and I don't want to ruin my clothing. Today I'm wearing a shirt I don't normally wear so that works out well but I'd like to find something that works w/out leaving a mess.

dont use bactirin. its crap. I have 28 VERY colorful tats and the only thing I EVER use to heal it is bag balm. Thats it. I wouldnt use all that other crap, it will just pull the ciolor out
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    Hi there. I got more work done on my back piece and from the beginning of time I've been using bacitracin. It works well but can be kind of messy. I use it for the first 3 days and then usually switch over to lotion.

I ordered some new stuff called H20 and it came in a box with 3 diff items. One was a blue/green soup, lotion type product, and then a nightime foam. Has anyone used this? I haven't tried it yet but I have it at home.

What else are people using for their tattoos? Bacitracin works well but it leaves a mess on shirts you wear. Now that I'm getting multiple sittings I can't always take off work and I don't want to ruin my clothing. Today I'm wearing a shirt I don't normally wear so that works out well but I'd like to find something that works w/out leaving a mess.

dont use bactirin. its crap. I have 28 VERY colorful tats and the only thing I EVER use to heal it is bag balm. Thats it. I wouldnt use all that other crap, it will just pull the ciolor out AND NO LOTION UNTIL THE 2ND WEEK!!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options

YOU USE ME? AWESOME.

I use A+D Ointment on my tattoos, though. Smells like fish, but it works better than anything else at protecting and healing.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    Aquaphor works great for me.