Bumpity, bump, bump
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: no lie- been sick as a dog yesterday and today. I haven't done crap- haven't even hardly eaten. I blame the weather. I haven't kept up with the thread like I mean to and I've been frustrated. I do have an NSV though! Recently fit into a pair of pants I hadn't been able to wear... AND needed a belt! Go me! lol I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day though.
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @moonwalkingquee _ congrats on the new house! Are you going to paint every room a different color just because you can?:drinker:

@MyMowMow - I think you are doing a good job planning ahead. People who have never had a weight problem would not understand our need to plan in advance to stay on track. You have done a great job so far and I'm sure you want to keep it that way - so plan away!:heart:

@manachris - hope you are feeling better!:flowerforyou:

@raven - good for you about the pants and sorry you are not feeling well:heart:

@Robin - my wish for you is that you feel a little better each and every day:heart:

I will say a request for healing prayer for all of you that are not feeling well - and a special one for you Toots that it's nothing major:heart::heart: :heart:

My Wednesday Wish: that we all persevere on each of our journeys and that when we hit a bump in the road that we do the same thing we would if we were on a road trip - just keep going!
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mainly just to save the thread, but yay I finally managed to stay under my calories yesterday, which is the first time in a while.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,128 Member
    Options
    An early morning bump!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Early morning bump! :smile:

Sending out hugs!!! :flowerforyou:

Wishing everyone a healthy, fun day. Those not feeling well I wish you all speedy recoveries, those struggling I wish you better days hang in there :cry: . Those with victories I shout cheers with you. :drinker:

Will catchup on everyone's posts after work!!! :smile:
  • Edluvuh
    Options
    Keep it up guys you all can do this and meet your goals
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome newlings! My particular McD's vice is Sausage & Egg McMuffins. If they're made using some evil process, I *just don't want to know*. I've got a cookbook called 'takeaway secret' that teaches you how to make this stuff at home, and I've done them about three times. I can't get the spicing (mostly sage and pepper) quite right though. My family think they're great but I hanker after the originals. NB none of this is clean eating, even if you cook it yourself. Oh well.

@Kaye -- Good luck with those chair exercises!
    @Nicole -- ooh roses! That sounds exciting...
    @Joe -- wouldn't be for me, but let us know how it goes for you. I'm never sure about the term 'food addict'. I mean, it's not like smoking or alcohol or video games, is it? We do actually need food.
    @Kris -- I think it's incredibly sensible to track down menus in advance and take a 'cheat sheet'. A lot of the places I go to don't have calorie counts though. For some stuff it's easy, but for other things I just have to guess. I think if your family are undermining you then you need to be quite strong. Just remember how much better you feel now, and be strong. Ask for small portions so you can clear your plate; grilled chicken's not a salad... and so on.
    @walkingqueen -- good luck in your new home! For all the things that are wrong with our house, I love being a home owner, and never having that risk that the landlord will suddenly decide to sell up.
    @Toots -- still got my fingers crossed for you.
    @Robin -- glad to see you're getting a little better each day.

Right. Thursday truth. The kitchen is now tidy enough that the cleaners have a sporting chance of cleaning it, as is the living room. The study is still a complete tip, not least because it's full of the junk that was in the kitchen and the living room. I'm just trying to do a bit each day. Obesity and hoarding; it's all the same thing, really, isn't it? I had a couple of little victories today; I slung out something that I was going to sling out six months ago, but DH said 'oh, no, don't just put those in the bin; I'll sort them out properly and give them to the people who ought to have them'. Well, he didn't, and they've gone. I don't suppose he'll notice. And I threw out a beloved children's toy (beloved of me, not my kids). It doesn't work now, so isn't really appropriate for the charity shop. I kept going 'well, it still looks nice, even if the electrics have gone, someone might want it'. I have come to my senses. This week, I am going to fill up *both* the recycling bin and the regular bin.

And I forgot to mention that we went to a fun day in our local park on Sunday, and I tried 'Solsnack', which is a sweety salt combination of popcorn, amaranth and sorghum, very yummy. And I did two things for the first time in the 'have a go' area -- I rode a Segway, and I lit a fire using a fire steel.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

-- Alison
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • QBMontana
    QBMontana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Truth, I tell lies to others about what I have done or what I have eaten when they are trying to support me by asking me the whats! I think I just don't want to hear it:yawn: . I ask for support and then turn around and feel nagged when they try to do it. So this time, I am not asking for support from my family and friends face to face, they can meet me on this site. I will bear all truth on truth day. Yesterday I fully intended to walk and put in on my exercise post. I got to the gym and ran into a bump and that was the end of the walking.

Truth....I am sick of the excuses, the pain in the mirror, the low self esteem. I am ready to make lifestyle changes that will last me a lifetime not just a moment in time.
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thursdays Truth: I'm nervous about my bike ride that I have planned for September 29 to ride 26 miles. I have been training and getting better, but yesterday it was pretty windy make the ride very hard so I cut it short. I wish I had not done that. I do need to practice in all weather conditions. I will do better next time.
    Thanks!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth I am going back to Zumba class tonight after about 3 months of not being able to go . I know that i am going to be so sore tomorrow and i hope that i still remember some of the routines ! I am always on the back row though i like being in the back of the Zumba class !
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I wanted to quit during my workout this morning. I was on the evilliptical device, looked at the timer, all I could think then was nobody would know if I just quit, ten more minutes of this seems like an eternity. I didn't quit.

@QBMontana - we've all told some whoppers about food, I know that I really wanted to believe them but knew that it was hokum. My all time favorite fibber, "I don't eat anymore than a regular person." Regular people don't need to eat 3800 calories a day just to remain inactive. This journey is about changing our lifestyles and the way we approach food, exercise, and nutrition. I didn't become a hot mess overnight, and it will be a minute before I get my chit together.

@Alison - I've been known to hang onto crap because I might need it, and I justify it because I re-purpose stuff all the time. I made my spice racks out of old wooden coke cases and drawers from an ancient parts crib, pirate ship night light for the nephew, entertainment stand out of an old side board... The collections add up too quickly though, makes it hard to see the re-purposed joy through the piled up junk. Feelin ya.

aug
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    @Joe -- wouldn't be for me, but let us know how it goes for you. I'm never sure about the term 'food addict'. I mean, it's not like smoking or alcohol or video games, is it? We do actually need food.
    -- Alison

I have struggled forever with that Allison and I know this much. Food triggers me like crazy and I simply have no control over my eating and I don't say that lightly. If my "substance" was alcohol; for instance I would be drunk off my *kitten* all the time except in the middle of the night when I am sleeping. I also would be thinking of my next drink as I was in between sips, it's just that simple. I am actually thinking of food as I type this reply. So, for me the only solution is abstinence. I remember someone saying one time in comparing overeaters to AA attendees. I guess in AA they say something like "putting the dog in the cage" in referring to alcohol but our problem is we have to then go and take the dog out for a walk 3 times a day.

I just know that I cannot eat responsibly, if I eat something it starts a chain reaction that I just honestly can't get a lid on. BUT, the weird thing is I am able to get a grip somewhat by doing what I am doing. I simply don't eat except during the window of 5p-9p and I guess I am so big that I truly don't get hungry (maybe just a little but it goes away). I just give myself little pep talks when I get a urge to eat and chug water ALL day long (about 100 ounces). I make sure and have protein at night when I get home and try to make good choices by loading up on veggies and eating them first. So, it is working for me where nothing else has, so far anyway.

I hope to see good results and acheive the goal of having a weight that is manageable. I have 6 kids from age 3 to age 12 and a wife and I want to be able to live to see them grow up and get married, graduate etc. and let's be honest everyone how many 400 pound (or close to it) 80 year olds do you see? So, I really have the desire but oddly enough this is the only solution I have tried that I seem to have the willpower to make work.

Joe
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Keep it up guys you all can do this and meet your goals

woah! way to go with your weight loss.
    Hello everyone and welcome newlings! My particular McD's vice is Sausage & Egg McMuffins. If they're made using some evil process, I *just don't want to know*. I've got a cookbook called 'takeaway secret' that teaches you how to make this stuff at home, and I've done them about three times. I can't get the spicing (mostly sage and pepper) quite right though. My family think they're great but I hanker after the originals. NB none of this is clean eating, even if you cook it yourself. Oh well.

Right. Thursday truth. The kitchen is now tidy enough that the cleaners have a sporting chance of cleaning it, as is the living room.

I love them too and even when you buy them at mcdonald's they aren't the worst option. something like 350 calories. not the best for fat and things but the lesser of other mcdonalds evils. i used to love sausage biscuits. well lol i still do but i don't eat them becuase they're something ridiculous like almost 500 calories. i take my kids to mcdonalds for breakfast every other friday. we've been doing it for years. the kids call it, 'mcdonald's friday' and it's an integral part of their school year tradition, so i haven't tried to change that. but i've spent a lot of time looking at their breakfast menu.

also, i'm jealous of the fact you have cleaners lol
  • Sarah0335
    Options
    I am joining this group! i have really enjoyed reading what you have all posted!

Thursday truth- I am scared that I am going to fail at losing weight again. I have yoyoed so many times and never hit my goal. I am afraid that this will be another one of those times. I am really trying to make life changes and be in this for the long haul though.