flabby arms

Options

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just did the 10 minute workout for tank top arms in my office on break minus the minute of tricep push ups (heels & dress pants...) I will definately be doing this at home. I love it and my arms are my biggest issue.
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mama73bear
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred??? My arms are my worst enemy....any help would be great!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If you can work out in a pool that has a diving board, facing away from the board, pull yourself up as high as you can go, making sure you are using the muscles on the back of your arm, then back down slowly. Repeat! You can switch it up to work your biceps and abs too. Sometimes you can use the pool ladder in the same way.

Good luck!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have an arm workout I do that is pretty awesome. Even with a 3 pound dumbbell I feel the burn and it has been great.

It is actually available on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjHCKDF0Z5o

This looks great! Thanks!
  • RosaC773
    Options
    I think the main problem for women are the triceps. Unless you are into strength training, most women hardly ever do weights. It doesn't matter how many hours of kickboxing or zumba you do, it will never tone up yours the way strength training does. I see women with great biceps, but the triceps (the part that really flabs) are awful.

Dips are AWESOME for triceps - They have the assisted Dip machine at the gym.
    Cable pull downs
    One-Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weik1.htm
  • htrl877
    Options
    A kindergartener once told me that I had butterfly wings. Not as bad as calling them flabby arms but still embarassing as all get out. Dumbbell exercises have been most successful for me, but try to do them every night. The repetition is what maintains their contours and shapeliness.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    For me, vinyasa yoga worked like nothing else! Lots of chatarungas! :) You get great triceps, back and shoulders, and a very defined chest as well.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Bump - because while I'm working on losing fat, I might as well be working on improving what's beneath it too!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred??? My arms are my worst enemy....any help would be great!

It's a Jillian Michael's DVD - quite famous on MFP since lots of people do it. They are targeted 30 minute workouts in three different levels. You do the program (a workout every day) and after a month, voila, results. :) It's HARD but good!
  • fishingwoman
    fishingwoman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gypsybree
    Options
    I use the shake weight. In two months it totally firmed up the outside of my upper arm but inner--near the armpit, it still needs help. I think the shake weight will eventually kick it out but it takes so long!
    I think the armpits are the hardest part to exercise!! I do know that the arm circles (with no weights) helps the arm pit area.. I can feel it working.
    the workout trainer app by skimable has arm work outs which range from casual to intense. Its free and I have android but it might be available for iphone, too.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem, and now it is all but gone (I am down from my all time high weight of 260 pounds, so extra skin has been somewhat of an issue...). I have been lifting heavy for about 4 months now which has helped my overall body composition tremendously. The things that have helped my arms the most are:

Tricep kickbacks
    Tricep Dips (on a low step)
    Bicep Curls
    Lateral Raises
    Front Raises
    Chest Presses

I do 8 - 12 reps with the heaviest weights I can handle and repeat each exercise 3 times. I also do a lot of Cathe Friedrich's weight lifting DVDs which are awesome.

The weight lifting seems to help, not by firming the skin, but rather filling it out with muscle. I am still a work in progress, but I know I will never stop lifting - the benefits (along with a couple of days of cardio a week) are amazing...

^^This. I work with heavy weights and follow Jamie Easons LiveFit. Adding weights will make a big difference.

Really this is overkill for a beginner. Just start with

Quad dominant leg (squat veriant)
    Ham\glute dominant leg (deadlift variant)
    horizontal push (bench press, db press, pushups)
    horizontal pull (rows)
    vertical push (overhead press variant)
    vertical pull (pull up variant\lat pulldown machine variant)

Really best to start with a pre written routine that matches your training level until you have enough experience to know your weaknesses and know how to program for yourself and your weaknesses.
  • cldaugherty
    cldaugherty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the kettle bells. I use kettle bell swings with a heaviness to them (20lbs) 3 sets of 25. I also do walking lunges with a 10 lb weight straight above my head. Like others have said, it is a whole body workout, not just a single out. I do squats while doing bicep curls with heavier weights (10lb - 12 lb). Hope this helps.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem, and now it is all but gone (I am down from my all time high weight of 260 pounds, so extra skin has been somewhat of an issue...). I have been lifting heavy for about 4 months now which has helped my overall body composition tremendously. The things that have helped my arms the most are:

Tricep kickbacks
    Tricep Dips (on a low step)
    Bicep Curls
    Lateral Raises
    Front Raises
    Chest Presses

I do 8 - 12 reps with the heaviest weights I can handle and repeat each exercise 3 times. I also do a lot of Cathe Friedrich's weight lifting DVDs which are awesome.

The weight lifting seems to help, not by firming the skin, but rather filling it out with muscle. I am still a work in progress, but I know I will never stop lifting - the benefits (along with a couple of days of cardio a week) are amazing...

^^This. I work with heavy weights and follow Jamie Easons LiveFit. Adding weights will make a big difference.

Really this is overkill for a beginner. Just start with

Quad dominant leg (squat veriant)
    Ham\glute dominant leg (deadlift variant)
    horizontal push (bench press, db press, pushups)
    horizontal pull (rows)
    vertical push (overhead press variant)
    vertical pull (pull up variant\lat pulldown machine variant)

Really best to start with a pre written routine that matches your training level until you have enough experience to know your weaknesses and know how to program for yourself and your weaknesses.
    Good to know:)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mummytee87
    mummytee87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What does everyone man by 'bump'? Lol