How often does everybody weigh in?

Options

Replies

• sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For me it's like a science project. I weigh in every morning, and have a spreadsheet where I track my rolling monthly and weekly weight. There can be major day to day shifts, but the monthly weight is the important one for me. It's also been interesting over the last couple years to see what causes me to retain water, and how different food affect bloating.

Conventional wisdom is to weigh in once a week.

Also make sure that you are taking measurements. Pounds can lie, but inches rarely do.

I do exactly the same thing. I can handle a day-to-day fluctuation because I know that it's water weight, but if I step on the scale for the first time in a week and it's an increase over last week, it's harder to handle.

^^^this :)
  • libro55
    libro55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks at the gym, every day at home. The weight at the gym is my "official" weight that I record on MFP. I keep a record of what I weigh at home v. what I weigh at the gym - that way, I know what my weight should be at home in order to meet my goal at the weigh-in. Gives me something to strive for, plus helps keep me focused
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Daily for me. Weekly for MFP.
  • rmcgreal
    Options
    make sure you do it in the morning! and I weigh in a few times a week but I should be doing it weekly.
  • girwunder
    girwunder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. But I only log it when I lose. *grin* Keeps me on track.
  • MizzRedskin804
    MizzRedskin804 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every morning before work, but i'm going to stat weighing in every Sunday morning. It will be a lot more accurate.
  • Rogus1
    Rogus1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What?! I'm the only one? Three to five times a day. Really.
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    officially, once per week. really, every day, but I don't worry when I see fluctuations ;)
  • davelink
    Options
    For me once a week Tuesday AM :)
  • kesstral
    kesstral Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I couldn't get on the scale more than once a day... which means first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom and before getting dressed!! If I weigh again later it's always heavier :(
  • CassieLyle
    Options
    I step on the scales EVERYTIME i pass them!.. seriously its an obsession that I dont know how to break.. I really want to hid them but if i hid them I will get them back out of hiding! The only one I pay attention to is the one when I first wake up after my morning pee..
  • MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    every morning.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I used to every day, but that messed with my head.
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks here. Same day same time.
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Once every 2 -3 weeks.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Every day. We have a giant scale at work so everytime i walk by i step on - hasnt upset me yet! (well maybe once :)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I step on the scales EVERYTIME i pass them!.. seriously its an obsession that I dont know how to break.. I really want to hid them but if i hid them I will get them back out of hiding! The only one I pay attention to is the one when I first wake up after my morning pee..

I feel your pain!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Monday mornings after the weekend on the same scales. My cheat days tend to be on the weekend, so Monday I will know if I may have cheated too much. For me everyday weighing would be too much, I want to lose weight but my bigger concern is what my body looks like.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

Me too! First thing in the morning. Before workout. After workout. Before meal. After meal. I'm a scientist (really) and I like to see how different variables affect me.

However, I only track once per week (and only then if I am down). I used to track Monday morning's weight but since I am a little more lax with myself on weekends (still exercise but I tend to eat more) I've pushed that to later in the week.
  • worthliving4
    worthliving4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks. Weight loss in not linear but rather rather comes off in chunks (no pun intended) SO I really look forward to weigh in day because I know there will be some kind of result and I never get frustrated or disappointed by fluctuations