I eat back almost ALL of my exercise calories!!

Options

Replies

• niki2113
    niki2113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol It's 10 dog!
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    if you're losing weight then keep at it.

If you're not losing weight then stop eating back all your calories.

Agreed. I see nothing wrong with eating those calories.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have taste-tested, and I believe the exercise calories are tastier than the everyday living calories.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    :huh: I don't get the question. I eat at least half of mine back and have been losing. Do what works for you!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Keep eating them back. Just eat them back in healthy foods. And wear a heart rate monitor so you make sure you're accurately recording how many calories you burned.
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    munch on apples.. those hold me for a while..
  • DevSea
    Options
    I guess it depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose wait, I wouldn't eat the calories back. You're given a calorie limit for a day, and even though MFP gives you back calories for you exercise, the whole point of exercising is to burn calories. If you're trying to maintain a weight, than eat them. You won't turn out any worse if you eat them.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    What's the question?
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lv8wnvXmdA1qmzupb.gif

LOL, I can't look away!
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    what to do...? I eat back almost ALL of my exercise calories!!

Any ideas??:angry:

I really don't see the point of this unless your maintaining your weight or are just wanting to be fit. I don't spend almost 2hours sweating my *kitten* off everyday to undo it all by eating it back. I may as well not work out...Only my opinion
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back because I have MFP work my calorie deficit into my goal.

For example, if my BMR is 1800 cals and I want to lose a pound per week, MFP would set my goal at 1300 cals per day.

If I burn 500 cals in my exercise, I will eat those 500 cals for a total of 1800 cals.

BMR (1800) + Exercise (500) = 2300 cals you are burning, so you are still running a 500 cal deficit.

One thing I recommend if you are eating your exercise cals back, is to use a heart rate monitor. It will give you a much more accurate calorie burn so you do not overestimate your calories and accidentally overeat.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i eat some back. usually half. this is because i dont have a heartrate monitor yet and i don't trust the cals burned numbers. i think they get a little too high when your weight is heavier based on computer generated formulas.

This exactly. It's been working for me.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have taste-tested, and I believe the exercise calories are tastier than the everyday living calories.

I've proved your taste tests right with science! The science of sweaty NOM NOM NOM.
  • positivepineapple
    Options
    ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979_zps6f8f49bc.jpg

Hahahahaha!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but assuming that you are... Are you still losing weight efficiently? If so, carry on. If it's inhibiting your success, mabe try eating back only half? The calorie estimates on MFP are not always accurate, so I give myself about a 500 calorie window. Meaning, I stay about 500 calories under whatever my daily goal is after exercise.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I really don't see the point of this unless your maintaining your weight or are just wanting to be fit. I don't spend almost 2hours sweating my *kitten* off everyday to undo it all by eating it back. I may as well not work out...Only my opinion

Your opinion misses the fact that you already have a calorie deficit calculated by MFP. You aren't undoing anything, you're adequately fueling your body.
  • sdeconda
    sdeconda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I GET WHAT YOU MEAN!!! When the guide says i can eat 1200 calories for my goal, and then i work off 800 calories that morning and then the guide says i can now eat 2000 calories-- i don't want to eat 2000-- but the problem is my body is sooooo hungry. i know that everyone says it's ok that you need to fuel your body- but it just seems contradictory that i can eat my regular amount of calories PLUS what i sweated so hard to earn that morning....
  • KT022
    KT022 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I'm the same as you, I don't go out of my way to eat my calories back, but if I'm hungry then I will eat knowing that my body needs it - or if I want to have a couple of beers or something then it's ok.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I GET WHAT YOU MEAN!!! When the guide says i can eat 1200 calories for my goal, and then i work off 800 calories that morning and then the guide says i can now eat 2000 calories-- i don't want to eat 2000-- but the problem is my body is sooooo hungry. i know that everyone says it's ok that you need to fuel your body- but it just seems contradictory that i can eat my regular amount of calories PLUS what i sweated so hard to earn that morning....

see post above yours. MFP already has a calorie deficit included when it says to eat 1200 calories. If you start with a 500 calorie deficit, work off 800 and don't eat it back, you have created a 1300 calorie DEFICIT. You don't want this large of a deficit consistently. That is why you target NET calories.