Do you tell all?

Options

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything at the moment but when I did log I put down everything.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to log every little thing. It was a little obsessive. But I realized I don't want to spend the rest of my life logging every little thing. Now there are some days when I still do log everything, but there are also many days when I will log breakfast and lunch so I know where my day stands for dinner, but I don't bother logging dinner. I figure I should eventually be able to gauge my plate without counting every calorie.
  • Southern_Belle89
    Options
    I log everything. :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    if i take ONE BITE of something i usually dont log it if i know im working out that day, unless its truly fatty lol. sometimes idont log the olive oil i cook with or spices. ive been trying to get better.
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I log every piece I put in...even if I go over...I like to see where I was that day and try to reflect on what may have caused me to eat more/less, etc.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    not always,because I post sometimes too soon,and I may have something else later.the other night I got so hungry for an Edy's bar,not a bad snack at 80 calories,but 3 of them was240. Instead of logging it,when I exercised the next day,I exercised above and beyond what I usually do,and made up the 240 and didn't log it the next day,only the remainder.the tangerine and pineapple bars are to die for
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Log it all or your just wasting your time. Lots of people hit a "Plateau" which is really they aren't honestly logging everything or the actual amount of what they are eating.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I log everything - if I know I have eaten it, I am only fooling myself by not logging it.... and I know I have so whats the point in that!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Candy is not small stuff. The stuff is packed with sugar (the kind you want as little of as possible) and can make or break your success. If you eat it, log it.

Now if we're talking about the dash of pepper you put on your eggs for breakfast, then I don't consider it a big deal. If you're new, be as accurate as possible and log everything. if you've been around for a while and know that that hand full of M&M's was only 100 calories and it fits in your allowance, probably not as big a deal then either. It just depends on where you are and whether you're seeing success or not.
  • danijolson
    danijolson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always tell all... candy is not just a small thing, it may be a small item but its big in calories so I will enter it! Plus this keeps me accountable for what Im eating! The only things I have really skipped on entering at times are maybe pickles because they are so low in calories.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yep I log everything!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What's the point of this if I do not? Lying to myself and rationalizing my 'rations' got me to 271 pounds.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I log everything so that I hold myself accountable for my calories and it helps me not cheat.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I learned and got into the habit of logging everything I ate no matter what...I was obsessed with logging my food. I have at least 20 full notebooks filled with my nutrition programs over the past 20-25 years....yep, still have them in my closet- yes that boarders on some sort of a mental issue im sure, lol. It is still a habit of mine that I will never outgrow...for me it just makes since. You have to know what your eating and how much of it, otherwise, how will you know how many calories to add or subtract?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Everything but Tic Tacs or cough drops.

(Except on weekends or holidays, or breaks from counting, when I don't log a damn thing.)
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Anything that has 5 or less calories I do not bother logging unless I have a bunch of it. 1 or 2 tic tacs, no, whole package of tic tacs then yes.
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yah I log everything because then I can see where I am truly going wrong. And if I eat extra stuff and then don't log it, and later find that I'm not seeing any physical changes, I get frustrated and wonder why, because it looks good on paper, till you remember the cheats.
  • tellascott
    Options
    I try to log all the food i eat whenever possible, but the exercise logging is where I ma neglectful, which is a good thing because i have likely so many extra calories i am burning a day with no clue.
  • RobynBourgeois
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have said no to something because I didn't want to log it! I log everything I consume. I figure I am only cheating myself if I don't. I don't care if others see what I eat, I care what I see I eat ;-)
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I measure or weigh everything and log it all -- even sugar free gum!! Every little thing counts and it can add up quickly........