Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 3

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Amyls, you are kicking butt! Good for you :bigsmile:

Cathy, that's so frustrating. I'm sorry to hear it was a bad appointment.

Moon, feeling any better?

Tamm & Tiff, the busiest sisters I know!!

Kristin, I so wish I had a treadmill at home. We have no space for it though :tongue: A family of 4 living in 620 sq ft... HAH! Treadmill... lol

Well, that's it for personals for now. I'll get better. I've had a s#!tty week as far as making the best choices. Not as bad as it could be, but certainly not where I need to be in order to see the changes I want! ugh. It has been SO HARD to get to the gym because my kiddos - my little guy in particular - have been so so mumish. I have to find a groove that works for me because right now, it ISN'T! I'm not getting exercise and that's just not acceptable. I started a marathon walking clinic on Wednesday and I'm going to give it a couple of weeks of feeling it out with my knee to know whether I'll train for a full or a half marathon. I'm so keen on getting back to the distance running but I have to be patient. So, I figure I can WALK quickly through my patience and still have the fun of participating in some distance events while I heal up well enough to run again :bigsmile: So at least that is twice a week. I'm also thinking of switching gyms. My kids no longer are willing to go to the gym playcare and although we've had a family membership for 2 years, Kyle has only gone 3 times. So really, I'm paying $69 a month for a family pass for ME and the occasional swimming lesson or swimming excursion with my kiddos, but even then we prefer other pools. The gym I belonged to in Ontario has opened up here and they offer BodyStep and BodyPump which I LOVE (btw, Kristin a friend of mine burned her instructor dvd... :blushing: ) but the membership is almost double what a single membership is at the YMCA. I could pay about $35 if I drop down to a single Y membership or I could pay about $63 for one at the club that has the classes I REALLY want to go to. What burns me is that I paid $35 a month in Ontario at this gym and was SO SAD to move here and lose my gym. I would have kept my membership and still paid the original fee if they'd had a gym here but now I have to pay almost twice that. Seems so unfair. Argh. As you can tell, I'm frustrated. I need to make the time and find a way to make it work for my children too. When I really started to succeed last time with losing the fat, was when I started demanding my hour a day to exercise!
    BUT, to be proactive and to go along with my great new cooler and glass containers for keeping healthy foods with me, I bought a new food scale today (my old one died) which I know also helped a lot. I HAVE to tackle this. Thanks for listening!! :wink::heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Rhiannon- Glad to listen! I totally understand your frustration. I had that same problem about the gym and the prices when I moved to VA. I know its rough but you will find what is BEST for you. Make a P.I.E. chart. Look at what would make you most happy. I know your kids love to be with you so I'm sure you can find ways to workout at home with them. DVD's are great, just if you can find the time at home when there are SOO many other things to do! I know you will find your place soon! Thanks for sharing and I know you will make fitness come back into your life. Its a part of your HEART!!!

B- I'm thinking about you girlie! Enjoy the class! Forget the past and just learn from each day and EMBRACE your next opportunity to shine! :)

Ali- Glad you are home in your own bed, nothing feels better!!! And good job on the homemade chili. YAY, you are such a cook!

Tamm
  • moonq8
    moonq8 Posts: 14
    Hello sixers,

I am just dropping in quick to say hello. I am feeling so much better thanx to all you wonderful people :flowerforyou: I am doing much better with my eating & today I am going to start working out. I will check back in later with personals, but now I have to go hang out with my kids :smile:
    See you later............
  • Alison-- Love making stuff from scratch with fresh veggies ! definately gives cooking a whole new meaning huh? Im glad your home and got to sleep in your own bed ! nothing like it i think ! no matter how nice the hotel is heheh !

Tamm-- thanks ! Yea wit the baby its hard to make a schedule that involves LEAVING my house haha ! so i workout when he is sleeping ! The day he cuts out his naps ... i think ill send him to my mom hahahahh when he used to nap although he doesnt show any signs of stopping them yet ! thankfully ... keep up the awesome work

B- Woah girlie .... that was a jam packed CRAZY fun DRAMA filled week hahahahah ! wowzers ! You must be tired just from writing that novel ...... hehe loved reading it though ! Sorry you and your BF had a fight and youve been having such drama with your ex ... that sucks.... ! but im glad youve been doing great and are unofficially down a lb .... i am too ! :) ...... Tom should be here soon so im shocked i havent seen a gain ! hehe ! XOXOXO ..... Im working hard this year ... cuz next year i wanna open up a womens fitness place here on the island..... something fun and flirty and girl power haha !

Rhiannon-- aw you sound like youve had a tough week ! it def. is hard to workout when your kiddos are being a mommy sucker as i like to call it when my baby boy does it sometimes haha ! I think you should go to the gym that offers the classes you really LOVE ! that sucks about the old membership pricing ! We are here to listen always ..... thats awesome about the cooler :) .... and double yay for the new scale ! i dont kno what id do without mines ! measuring and portions are def. the key to weight loss !

Moonq- im so so glad your doing better and yay for eating healthy and starting an exercise routine ! WWE are here for you girl !

Well its the weekend ! yay ! im pumped.... i have a healthy lunch planned .... some leftovers that im twisting a new way ..... pork chop pita with lots of veggies.... instead of usually ordering from out ! and today is workout day ! i tooka rest day yesterday cuz i felt i needed it after TWO workotus the day before ! .... i think the key is to listen to when your body needs to rest !

be back laterz
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Tamm- love the ides a writing something we love about ourselves... I love that i am really taking care of this weight and staying steady.
    Amy- I used to call my sons the energy vampires. I love them but when they were little... whew!

Chipper- I think I would get another opinion. That is alot of cals to burn in a day! I get 1550 cals a day. I hope you find something that works for you. To be honest ... when i was eating 1200 cals a day and working out 5 days a week I lost nothing! That was frustrating. Now I am eating more, more conscious of what i am eating, work out less partially because of a foot injury. NOW I am loosing weight.

Moonq- glad you are feeling better! One day at a time.

Today is rootfest with my gf's. There is a group of us that get together every 4-5 weeks and dye each others hair. It might just be a good excuse to get together. We all bring something to eat/drink and have fun. The girls are really great about trying to use fat friendly foods. We all can use a little weight loss! They are being really supportive. Well off to take care of some stuff at the house before heading to rootfest!
    Sandy
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Totally going to do personals!!! HECK YES!!!

Pedal - you go girl! i would look into the classes you really want! i didnt use to go to the gym as often as i do until i found a gym wih classes that i REALLY wanted, now i cant get enough of it!!!

Amy s- MOTIVATION BUDDY! I am sooo sorry I havent been around, this week has been crazy dramatic, I missed two of my three zumba days! I am so upset about that! I will HAVE to make up for it next week. I also only made it to the gym three times, however I think I can still lose some weight for this week. I am loving C25K although my lungs felt like they were on fire last night! (prolly from being around so many people who smoke the night before) I certainly hope you will open a womens gym! So lets shed those pounds and get to our super young sexy weight!!! I want to wear a bikini this summer and not feel so darn self conscious!

Izzypup- haha love the sound of a root fest! my hair needs a touch up SUPER badly! haha

To the rest of the sixers! <3! Have a great saturday!!!
  • its_B
    omg this is actually my second time writing this out... i feel retarded. I Xed out of the other one by accident! haha

So anyways today is not going very well so far, same bs as yesterday. I slept through zumba again, so next week I am going to kick my own butt around and make sure I am working out harder and more consistantly. I loved my run last night, it was awesome, even if my lungs were on fire. So I am looking forward to doing the last day of WEek 2 tonight... ( I didnt work out enough this week :( due to all the crazyness) anyways, I am SUPER excited for tomorrow.,

Tomorrow my friends, myself, and maybe my mother are all going to an asian market called One World. Aparently it is amazing. Anyways I am hoping to get a Bento Box, a Rice cooker, and some ingrediants so that I can make bento boxes all week! For those of you who don't know what a Bento Box is, it is a traditional Japanese lunch box. They are super adorable. Anyways people make them super filling (even though they are traditionally small and made for a single person). MY goal is to start simple and then work my way up to such cute lunches as these:

http://www.ecollo.com/image.axd?picture=BentoHelloKitty.jpg

http://www.boingboing.net/dannychoo_bento.jpg

http://blog.modes4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cute-bento-box-3.jpg

http://www.carmenyuen.com/blog/blogpics/080611_bento1.jpg

And there are sooo many things you can do with them! and so many cute and delicious recipes.. so that is my goal sixers, IF everything is to go according to plan tomorrow I will hopefully be posting a picture of my first bento box on monday!!! Wish me luck!

B
  • PedalHound
    B, those are AMAZING! I've heard the words "bento box" before but I had never known what they were. Those pictures are CRAZY!!! So cool!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    hope everyone is having a great weekend....mine is going.

getting my $$$$ together and a couple of plans together to try. DH and i are going to try to figure this out ourselfs. since we don't think anyone gets whats going on. i just keep plugging away at it. eating right and exercising.

we are having a potato bar family get together tomorrow. got lots of veggies and meats to put on them. should be fun.

well, going to play a game on the computer.

what i love.....is my DH sticking by my side. through tears and smiles.

later
  • sandy- have a blast at your rootfest with ur girls!!! XOX

B- my renovations for my womens fitness club is in progress now! im so excited ! the classes will include healthy snacks .... afterwards... and WATER ! lots of water ! .... YOU WILL do great next week I just know it ! its jus been one of those weeks ! way to go on makin a goal for next week! So proud of you! those pics were insane ! HOW COOL ! i do not hav that much time to get creative hahahahah ! but how cute !

Cathy- i think thats great if you and DH battle it on ur own ! test out a few plans see what works ! WAY TO GO !

AFM:

TOM ARRIVED YAY !
    i am always happy to see it arrive.... cuz that means GOOD numbers usually!!!! i was down to 265 unofficially.... so that was yesterday (PRETOM! WOW) !

And I STAYED AWAY from fried food for lunch today ! YAY ! i had leftover green bean casserole and a salad for lunch!

we are having Sirloin baked in French onion soup with potatoes and carrots and celery! and brown rice for dinner !YUMMY!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Amyls- Glad TOM came to visit you!!! LOL.

B!- Good idea!!!!!!

Sandy- You are definitely making me MISS my girlfriends. When I was in memphis I had several different groups of friends that I would do things with. I truly hope you ladies have a great time!!! :)

As for me (Amy... I just realized what your AFM stood for LOL)

I am resting after I went shopping in the snow. I bought three pairs of shoes off the clearance rack in TJMAxx and I bought a new yoga mat w/ a dvd included for 7.99. I just love love STEALS. I didn't eat much today so I need to get my calories up for today! Off to do a workout soon, A DVD or the elliptical!

Glad you ladies are doing great!

Cathy- :) You do have a great husband!!

What I love about myself today: My ability to find a BARGAIN anytime I shop. Though it can lead to a house full of everything, I love finding something for 1/20th of the original price. :)

Take care ladies,

Tamm

Oh..... Tiff is doing snowed in ..... LOL.
  • Tamm- haha sorry i guess i was used to using it from my birth board on babycenter !!!! you get into habits ! ha ! I miss having girl time too ! with the baby i dont get much ALONE time much less FRIEND time ! haha ! there will be a time for that one day ! right now im enjoying my baby boy ! WOOHOOO for clearance shoes ! way to go ! Isnt it fun when you have to EAT MORE lol ! hahah ! Ive been eating healthy and making good choices today ! and even have enough cals left for some fat free ice cream ! Good for you on the bargains ! :) !
  • izzypup
    Back from rootfest, we did great! My friends are great and our hair looks fab now! I did go over my cals today but not by much. We had stk fajita instead of chicken tacos. Well nite everyone!
    Sandy
  • its_B
    doing a quick update!

Went to the gym, did 3 miles!! wahooo burned 395 calories! Also spent 20 minutes in the whirlpool and about 10 minutes in the steam sauna (which i have decided i dont like since I cant BREATH!!!) came home and enjoyed a movie with my mum, we watched Public Enemy. Wasn't half bad, but nothing spectacular in my mind.

SOOOO Excited for tomorrow to come! I will have to post pictures of everything if I do in fact end up getting everything!

B
  • PedalHound
    I spent almost my whole day today cleaning out my entire kitchen, purging unnecessary things, streamlining and re-organizing the cupboards. (Kyle was mountain biking all day - WOW do I have amazing kiddos to have played near by all day and let me work on it!! Ava even "organized" her play kitchen :smile:) I'm trying to build an environment as well as planning schedules that will help me work this up-hill battle to get back in the game. I'm looking forward to the coming week as I've accomplished a lot in the last couple of days to get things organized and set myself up for success. I'm not sure how the numbers will look on Tuesday - I may be up a lb sadly - but I'm working hard. I know I've said it before, but I can't believe how easy this was when I first started. Honestly, it seems like I dropped 53lbs with almost no effort. I know as soon as I really commit to being back in that groove I'll find it just as easy. It's this grey area... oy!

Amyls, I spent ages on bbc a few years back. Went on there when I lost my first pregnancy and met a bunch of women who had also lost their first. It has been SEVEN years and the core group that met in 2003 are still all such good friends. Many of us have met up and now everyone has at least 2 babies. One woman is 1/2 way through her fourth pregnancy :bigsmile: What an interesting world we live in eh? Making these connections like the ones we do here too, with total strangers.

Well, I have a 10k training session tomorrow. I wish it was running. Wonder when I'll be able to let that go. I am feeling really snobby about it if I'm honest... like, "Are you kidding me? I was running 50km a week!" and now I feel like I'm just a walker. I wonder how it will feel to walk a marathon - whether I'll feel like I accomplished something or whether I'll feel like a fraud. See? I'm a bit competitive with myself, can you tell?? :laugh:

G'night my Sixers!
  • Rhiannon--- that is awesome about spring cleaning your cabinets haha we did that last weekend ! and i was surprised how GOOD my babe was ..... he is almost 18 months lol ... usually he sits and plays very well if i need to do something but not that long ! YAY ! so cute that your little girl re-arranged her kitchen too ! i so agree 100% if you create an environment that isnt setting you to fail .... or pushing such temptation on you that is unnecessary .... Great planning.... if i dont have a plan i dont get things done ! With the baby sometimes plans go out the window but at least i just try to do my plan a little flexible to fit around his schedule. I lost my first baby as well .... and thats when i joined bbc too ! Im a part of two groups and we are THE BEST OF FRIends .... ive met 3 of them and going to meet number 4 next week ! .... it is amazing for sure what bonds we make from all over the world... this year was exciting .... i got to meet number 2 in december, number 3 in january, now number 4 in february, number 5 in march, and number 6 in june ! Its been a blessed year for sure ! i cant wait till the june trip cuz i know i can be a lot SLIMMER then the last time my bestie jenise saw me ! she hasnt seen me since wyatt (my son) was about 10 months old .... so I CANT WAIT ! So proud of you ..... im sure you feel like your failing sometimes .... but dont be so hard on yourself.... you are actually being a success to your body ..... because you know your limitations and are working hard to conquer them ! hang in there !

Im so proud of myself for yesterday .... usually the weekend is a bit of a battle because my hubby is home and he snacks a lot .... but yesterday i ate healthy and nutritious foods all day ! yay !

be back laterz ....

B- have fun at the market ...... !!!!!!
  • moonq8
    moonq8 Posts: 14
    Hi sixers,

I am so sorry I didn't check back in yesterday, things have been crazy & getting worse. Remember I told you all that my daughter has hand, foot & mouth disease & my son has an infected throat?? Well my daughter now also developed a bad cold, runny nose, bad cough & infected throat as well as hand, foot & mouth disease. My son on the other hand just this afternoon got hand, foot & mouth disease in addition to his infected throat. OMG, I am going insane, I have not left the house in days. So I now have 2 kids who can hardly eat cuz of the pain in their mouths, I have boggers shooting out of 2 little noses, we have sneezing, coughing & all the germs flying all over the place. The only thing the kids can eat now is icecream, jello, yogurt & anything that's cool & soft.

I may not be able to check in for a while, I have to take care of the kids & get them better. I will try to read & post as often as I can, but if I go MIA for a while, know that I am super busy with the kids. I hope you all have a great Sunday & a great week, good luck ladies. I will miss you :wink:
  • izzypup
    Hi sixers,

I am so sorry I didn't check back in yesterday, things have been crazy & getting worse. Remember I told you all that my daughter has hand, foot & mouth disease & my son has an infected throat?? Well my daughter now also developed a bad cold, runny nose, bad cough & infected throat as well as hand, foot & mouth disease. My son on the other hand just this afternoon got hand, foot & mouth disease in addition to his infected throat. OMG, I am going insane, I have not left the house in days. So I now have 2 kids who can hardly eat cuz of the pain in their mouths, I have boggers shooting out of 2 little noses, we have sneezing, coughing & all the germs flying all over the place. The only thing the kids can eat now is icecream, jello, yogurt & anything that's cool & soft.

I may not be able to check in for a while, I have to take care of the kids & get them better. I will try to read & post as often as I can, but if I go MIA for a while, know that I am super busy with the kids. I hope you all have a great Sunday & a great week, good luck ladies. I will miss you :wink:

Moonq- You really sound like your hands are full!!!! Take care of that family and disinfect, disinfect, disinfect!!!! I am a teacher and spend many hours washing hands, tables, more hands... LOL.

B- is it your birthday? if so happy b-day!!!

Good morning everyone. The sun is out here in St. Louis... at least for awhile. We are expecting our biggest snow tonite into Tuesday. Maybe I will have some days off work. I need to find my birth certificate so I can get my passport.

I must say... I am very proud of connecting to others on MFP. This site has been so fabulous for me. For one of the first times in my life I don't feel by myself in this mission to be healthier and slimmer. Thanks to all on here, you are awesome!!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    good morning....

well, today is potato bar day with the kids. have peppers, onions roasting in the oven now. mushrooms sliced, green onions chopped, avocado chopped. pork, chicken, roast beef ready to go. need to make a beef gravy and cheese sauce. have lots of different low fat cheeses too. wanted to be able to top with good food. have chili and other no so good food for the men who can eat that stuff. mine is already planned.

need to tend to the oven.

ps....i got a mini trampoline at walmart this morning on clearance for $10. with bands

later
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    good morning....

well, today is potato bar day with the kids. have peppers, onions roasting in the oven now. mushrooms sliced, green onions chopped, avocado chopped. pork, chicken, roast beef ready to go. need to make a beef gravy and cheese sauce. have lots of different low fat cheeses too. wanted to be able to top with good food. have chili and other no so good food for the men who can eat that stuff. mine is already planned.

need to tend to the oven.

later
    Sounds Yummy!!! I am off to do my hour workout, PRE-damage controll for the day!!!!! Really do not know if I'm going somewhere for the game but just in case!! LOL Have a fun day!