Weird?

Options
Is it weird for a married guy to ask other women to be friends on here? My wife thinks it's not but I am hesitant and don't want to come off as some "creepy" guy. I could use the support though and the accountability............

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not weird as long as you are up front about your marital status and reasons.
  • mock743
    mock743 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No worries just means you can admit that you need some support. I found that you have to just take part in the process. It all starts with one step at a time and being open to failures and successes along the way on your new healthy lifestyle.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like to cruise the diaries of other men to see what I could feed my own man without him turning his nose up at it. As long as both parties have innocent then no harm done
  • dominikaro
    Options
    I would never thing of it thet way. We're all here for the same reason: loosing weight, getting fit and healthy. And NOT looking for romance. So no, it doesn't metter if you're girl or guy.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm married w/ guy friends on here. I don't see a problem with it as long as no one on my list is trying to look for a hook up.
    Actually, I like looking at guys diaries for ideas at home w/ the hubby. :wink:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I only accepted women first, but have a few men on my list now. It's not like I'll ever meet them and if they go weird I'll just delete them!
    So you've been warned!
  • NinjaBeth90
    Options
    No it's not weird at all :) - I joined this site with my partner and we both have other people on ours. Everyone's on this site for the same reason, either to lose weight or keep fit. Everyone likes some support and motivation and I'm sure no one would think you are creepy... Just a fellow poster on a similar journey :smile:
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I'm ok with it, and I think the others are right, we are here to get healthier and stay healthier, not date.... I have had weird emails come to me, but ignored them. If you want honest support, in a platonic fashion, just ask! Feel free to add me, I won't ask you out, lol...
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. People seem to have forgotten what the word "Platonic" means these days.
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No. it's not weird! That's why we are here! We're all in the same boat, let's help each other!:bigsmile:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it. People seem to have forgotten what the word "Platonic" means these days.

I totally agree.... my best friend (other than my husband) is a guy, and sometimes the odd looks and comments I get are rather amusing. I'm completely secure in my marriage, my husband is probably the least jealous person you could ever meet, and I can't help it if I tend to get along better with men. It's probably because I was the son my father never had -- and I have two brothers! :laugh:
  • battleborn
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am definitely just looking for support and. I guess it's just in my own brain I could see women being creeped out by a guy asking to be "friends" but your right............. we are all here on the same journey of a healthier life style. I guess it's time to add some people. I have an open diary as well for those looking for good "man" food. I do most of the cooking at our house and tend to lean towards that type of cooking.
  • BamaGirl777
    Options
    Not weird at all to me. Feel free to add me if you would like. I am a married woman of 23 yrs.
  • PaBirdie1
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. It seems that mostly women come to these boards anyway, so if you are looking for support, you are almost stuck with females. If more guys would get involved and be proud of the journey, it would be more even. Im ok having male friends as well because its just as easy to delete as it is to add.
  • pinknecessarily
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy, but if it makes your wife uncomfortable, don't do it.
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    LOL!!!

A guy that admits he is married on here!!! Don't worry you aren't the 'creepy' guy, you sound like the honest guy.
  • nachobunny
    nachobunny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Asks the guy with the creepy handlebar mustahce picture. LOL. I can kid becuase you are already mine....add away!!
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Is it weird for a married guy to ask other women to be friends on here? My wife thinks it's not but I am hesitant and don't want to come off as some "creepy" guy. I could use the support though and the accountability............

THIS is the very reason I don't request friends, lol.
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    Nope- support can come from either sex, religious or sexual affiliation, ethnicity, or size. This is just a place to come to have people to cheer you on and answer questions, share tips, and be there for each other. I don't think I've seen anyone use this to even try to date. If you feel uncomfortable, you can always get your wife to get an account and add you as a friend- then she'll see all you do. But I'm sure she trusts you.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    We all need help here. And as long as you do not confuse support as personal feelings I don't see a problem with having friends who are of the opposite set. I am married and have a few men on my friends list. Only one who is active but none the less its good to have his support and input when its needed just as it is with any of my other friends.